July 2009 wedding.

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 23

Ashleighmarieol... Posts : 3 Registered: 6/28/08
July 2009 wedding.
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 1:13 AM

My fiance and I are getting married in july of 2009. We don't have a date decided or anything, but we know we want it next year in july. I am concerned that I dont have enough time, should I be getting a date set and a place booked?? Should I get on that now?

deansbride Posts : 220 Registered: 3/24/08
Re: July 2009 wedding.
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 1:58 AM Go to message in response to: Ashleighmarieol...

Congratulations on your engagement and upcoming wedding. This next year will be so amazing for all of us (I am June 2009)!  

Decide on a place and take what they have available in July, you should book your venue about a year ahead-I booked mine 15 months ahead. You should also start looking into church/officiant, DJ/band and photographers soon (after you decide on a date). If you need a check list theknot.com has a pretty good one that I have been using. 

Good luck and happy planning! 

"When you are in Love you can't fall asleep because reality is better than your dreams."

-Dr Seuss

Ashleighmarieol... Posts : 3 Registered: 6/28/08
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 10:22 PM Go to message in response to: deansbride

thank you so much!! congrats to you too. I am so excited but nervous for all the planning, i actually looked into theknot.com and your right its like a whole checklist it's great. i feel overwhelmed already. My wedding party is all picked out which is great but i'm doing that "feeling bad if someone is mad that they arent in the wedding party" thing and it's driving me crazy but everyone told me you can't think of them its your day so i'm trying to keep that in mind. I'm looking at some places this weekend hopefully i can book a place soon. my dad is a big procrastinator so i need to get him going..

thanks again!!!

pl8grl7298 Posts : 33 Registered: 3/15/07
Posted: Jun 30, 2008 11:08 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleighmarieol...

Hello I am a July 2009 bride too!!!  We just started planning too.  In fact we just looked at venues last week and are in the process of getting the site booked!  My fiance and are extremely happy!  I hope you and your fiance have a great time planning!!

delete2010 Posts : 15 Registered: 12/3/07
Posted: Jul 2, 2008 11:00 AM Go to message in response to: Ashleighmarieol...

Congrats! I'm gettign married on July 18th 09... yay! You should be fine on planning depending on where you live. We have been engaged over a year and have basically nothing done but here our ceremony site won't let you reserve any sooner than 12 months in advance. You shoudl be fine but have fun getting started.

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Posted: Jul 2, 2008 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: delete2010

I'm July 18, 2009 too!!!  I booked my reception hall back in February, but I live outside NYC and things book up early around here.  I think you should be fine though.  All the other vendors that I've been to (photographer, band, florist) thought I was nuts for booking them so early, but I was just so excited to start planning that I didn't want to wait!

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 11:12 AM Go to message in response to: Elbelle77

YAY the 18th. I haven't seen many with our date on either of the sites I'm on. Thats the nice thing about being in a small state. We thought about doing all of our stuff in Memphis, then we would have had to book earlier. Apparently the state park we are having it in AR though will not allow it until a year before, so yay we actually get to do that in a few more weeks. It will be nice to have one thing done!

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.  -Lao Tzu
July 18th 2009 I marry my strength and courage!

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 11:25 AM Go to message in response to: delete2010

Oooh a park sounds beautiful.  I thought about getting married outside, but I'm since FH and I are both catholic, we have to get married inside the church.  We did make sure that our reception hall has an outside area though. 

Have you ladies thought about anything else for your wedding?  Flowers? Dress? Colors?

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 12:30 PM Go to message in response to: Elbelle77

If we were doing it right we wouldn't be gettign married there either. My fiance is Catholic also and I'm lutheran both are not too happy about being outside. We have talked to his priest and he said we may be able to just get the marriage blessed since I'm not catholic and am not converting as of now.

I have looked through pictures of dresses but I can't wait to actually go try some on. Colors just changed but as of now they are Brown (for the base color) and light purple and teal accents.

Has anyone thought of favors... this has been our most confusing part, bc I want to do them and my fiance has agreed but most of his fam hasn't done them so hes having trouble understanding what we should do and he isn't into some of my ideas.

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.  -Lao Tzu

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 1:52 PM Go to message in response to: delete2010

I love your colors!  Right now my colors are icy blue and silver with fushia accents(but they are subject to change). 

I absolutely LOVED dress shopping.  I got engaged in December and my mom came out to visit me for a week in February (I'm a teacher and we had off for winter break).  So even though it was very early for dress shopping, we went anyways.  I think I tried on about 15 dresses and all of them were beautiful, but then I found one that was just IT! 

My MOH is coming to visit me in August, so we'll look for BM dresses then.

As far as favors go, right now we're leaning towards just doing chocolates or truffles in little boxes.  I've been to too many weddings where people don't even take their favors and then the bride ends up with 70 candles, bells, frames, etc.  At least with chocolate we can always eat the rest :)

Posted: Jul 2, 2008 3:16 PM Go to message in response to: Elbelle77

Yeah we were plannign on something that you can eat bc of that. My sister was supposed to get married in Nov then moved it to Jan so my mom was trying to get her stuff done before we went dress shopping but now we found out she pregnat (yay my 2nd niece of nephew from her- not sure which yet) So now hopefully we will go soon. I live 5 hours away from both my mom and FH (its weird but he lives with them now... job stuff) but she is coming in Aug to go to a bridal fair with me and one of my maids... YAY!

Your colors sound really pretty! I LOVE blue and silver (actually the colors that my wedding band is supposed to be).  

Breeze4 Posts : 24 Registered: 3/27/08
Posted: Jul 29, 2008 7:56 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleighmarieol...

Hey Girls! I'm a July 2009 bride too!

We're planning it for the 4th (we both love fireworks hee hee). Anyone else have that date?

All your colors sound beautiful! Right now I'm thinkin' about Aqua, green, orange, and yellow. I want it to be really bright and summery!

Blessed with her Prince Charming

SicilianRegina Posts : 3 Registered: 10/21/06
Posted: Aug 16, 2008 3:48 PM Go to message in response to: Breeze4

Not on the fourth but my wedding date is for July 3, 2009! So fustrated with the whole wedding process. My mom wont help me and my MIL is in NC (im in Az) :-(

Posted: Aug 16, 2008 9:54 PM Go to message in response to: SicilianRegina

Congratulations Regina and welcome to the July 2009 thread!  I know what it's like not to have anyone around to help plan the wedding.  I live in NJ, my mom is in IL and my bm's are spread out across the country.  Luckily my mom has been able to make some trips here and my aunts that live locally have been helpful, but it definitely can be frustrating.  Thank goodness for the internet so you can email everyone your thoughts and ideas for the wedding!

Posted: Aug 17, 2008 10:35 PM Go to message in response to: Elbelle77

Yeah the internet is a life saver! Yay we finally booked and paid deposit on both ceremony and reception sites! Something actually feels like it is happening. And now my roommate has moved back in from home from the summer so I have my bm back... still missing fh moh and fam but at least I have someone here. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine