take it off? the ring;)

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 50

BenjaminsWife Posts : 1,069 Registered: 1/11/07
Re: take it off? the ring;)
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 1:17 PM Go to message in response to: Elbelle77

I strongly advise you against leaving your ring in the car. The last thing you want is your car broken into and it being stolen. I would put everything in the hotel safe for safekeeping.

Formerly San Ramon Bride

The Big Day: 9/20/08

DCTexan Posts : 170 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 2:23 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

I just got back from the beach and I took my ring with me.  I almost never take it off unless I'm working with raw meat or dough.  Sometimes I'll take it off if I'm putting lotion on my hands too.

I figure that I love my ring and I want to wear it.  I have insurance in case the worst happens.

But, I agree with BenjaminsBride.  Don't leave your ring in the car!  Leave it at home if you aren't going to wear it at the beach.

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 2:27 PM Go to message in response to: BenjaminsWife

Good point.  I guess I'll just hope that the condo has a safe that I can use.  If not, I'll just hide it somewhere.

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: Elbelle77

I almost never take my wedding ring off. Basically it only comes off if I'm putting lotion on my hands or if I'm forming hamburger patties, neither of which I do very often.
I just feel naked without it, and I really love wearing it. I waited long enough to get it, lol. :)

Michelle and Larry

janinemarie Posts : 1 Registered: 6/25/08
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 4:10 PM Go to message in response to: riderzblock

I work outdoors....i never wear my ring to work. I would be heartbroken if something happened to mine and even having insurance on it doesnt make me feel comfortable enough to take the chance. Its only for a short time and honestly superstitions about taking rings off are just that superstitions.

LinzZ Posts : 683 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 4:23 PM Go to message in response to: janinemarie

I honestly never take my rings off. Not for lotion, raw meat, working out, yard work, beach, or rafting. We bought them and paid a lot for them. If they get dirty, I'll clean them, if they are damaged, I have the care plan from the jeweler, and if it gets lost, I have the insurance. I had them sized tight enough that they are not just going to slip off. I don't get the point of the beautiful expensive rings that sit in a jewelry box.

mrspinky Posts : 3,773 Registered: 3/14/08
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 4:32 PM Go to message in response to: LinzZ

LinzZ - cute sn btw! I agree! I hardly ever take mine off either! I haven't gotten my promise ring resized or I'd wear that 24/7 too. I guess I can understand if you body swells so much it hurts to wear it all the time but...otherwise, I keep mine on. I would however take it off if rafting...just me though.

Mrs. Pinky

Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 9:01 PM Go to message in response to: riderzblock

When I first got engaged, I had this fairy tale idea that I would never take off my ring.  Wow.  Little did I realize how much I do take it off.

Sometimes I take it off to sleep because my hands will swell like some PP.  I take it off every time I put on lotion.  I take it off anytime I'm dealing with harsh chemicals.  Gosh, I must take it off at least 5 or 6 times a day.

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

Jammers Posts : 5 Registered: 4/28/08
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 9:44 PM Go to message in response to: riderzblock

I actually have to take mine off when we go to the shooting range for work because they make us. They say that the casings because they are hot can knock the stones out of them. Therefore we are not allowed to wear them while we are on the firing line! So I don't find it odd to take it off while I working with food or gardening or anything that might scratch the band.... Not sure what I am going to do about my wedding band! Guess I will have to take that off too because it has stones in it! Something I really hadn't thought of til just now!

Sweetlake Posts : 67 Registered: 6/14/08
Posted: Jun 28, 2008 6:53 PM Go to message in response to: riderzblock

i haven't picked mine out yet (fiancé proposed without one so I could choose it myself!) but I do wear a ring my parents gave me for my 13th birthday.  For the longest time I showered and slept with it on and only took it off at the beach because my sister lost her ring at the beach.  Now I don't like sleeping with my rings on so I take it off at night and if I am going to the beach.

I expect I will do the same with my engagement ring and wedding band too.  

Laura + Mark = ♥

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Jun 28, 2008 7:11 PM Go to message in response to: riderzblock

I take mine off if I'm doing something I know might damage it, such as river rafting... :)  I would't want to damage the ring in any way.  I would take it off as a precaution.  Find a safe spot for it.  Even now, I take my engagment and wedding ring off before I go to sleep every night for fear it might scratch my eyes out.  Actually, I hardly know anyone who doesn't take it off.  If your ring is intricate, doing water sports or even cleaning around the house can really dirty your ring, so that's why people take it off as well.  Best of luck!

sandraxtna Posts : 86 Registered: 8/26/07
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 9:36 PM Go to message in response to: aim2173

It's probably easier for me to say that I only have my ring on when I'm out of the house. Otherwise, I take it off as soon as I get home. I never sleep with it, shower, clean, etc.

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 10:07 AM Go to message in response to: riderzblock

Well I'm heading to the beach today and thought I'd let you all know what I decided to do with my ring.  I called our landlord and they don't have a safe, so that's out.  I am absolutely not leaving it home because only one of my BM's has seen my ring and I'm dying to show the rest of them.

So, I went to my jeweler the other day and asked her what to do.  She said what a lot you said "the safest place for your ring is on your finger."  Then checked to see how tight my ring fits on my finger.  She actually said I could stand to get it a little smaller, but would wait until we go wedding band shopping as the e-ring will then sit further down on my finger.  So her advice was to put a metal guard on the ring.  It doesn't hurt the ring and just makes it fit a bit tighter and they'll take it off whenever I want them to.  So that's what I did and let me tell you, that ring isn't going anywhere!  She also cleaned it and checked all the stones before I left to make sure they were tight.  So I'm heading off to the beach with my ring securely in place Smile

Riderz, don't know if I'd wear it river rafting for your trip, but the ring guard might be something you want to look in to if you're set on wearing it. 

sk127 Posts : 325 Registered: 5/13/08
Posted: Jul 11, 2008 7:52 PM Go to message in response to: riderzblock

i take my ering off when im doing dishes cuz god forbid it ends up in the garbage disposal..cooking something messy..to shower/cathe, cleaning the counters with disifectant..and when i go to bed because last thing i wanna do is wack myself in the face..again..already cut myself..

once we get married ill have my dog tags ill just stick my rings on that and wear it around my neck.

also i do have to bareful since my fingers do swoll a bit and my ring is not yet resized to what it needs to be/

live life to the fullest for the future is scarse

mikellie Posts : 14 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jul 12, 2008 10:20 AM Go to message in response to: riderzblock

I never take mine off..the only time it does come off though is when it goes in for it's check ups every 6 months and to do a weekly clean on it otherwise it stays on

Kellie

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine