Beach theme wedding

Online Users: 1,352 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 6

Sweetlake Posts : 67 Registered: 6/14/08
Beach theme wedding
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 10:11 AM

I think I want to get married on the beach that my fiancé proposed to me on.  Does anyone know if there are any restrictions on a public beach?  Can we just set up or do we have to contact someone.  This particular beach is in a busy area but I don't think anyone has any claim to it. 
Laura + Mark = ♥

Knoxvegas Posts : 951 Registered: 9/12/07
Re: Beach theme wedding
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 10:15 AM Go to message in response to: Sweetlake

I'd call the county office. They may have restrictions on where you can have it and you may need to fill out permit paperwork.

"Love is not a matter of counting the years -- it's making the years count."

-Wolfman Jack Smith

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 8:29 PM Go to message in response to: Sweetlake

Sweetlake- I see you're getting married in FL.  You've got the same color ideas that we've decided to use.  I have been to the end of google and back so if you need any pics just let me know. 

I know in St. Pete/Clearwater area you do have to have a license to use a public beach.  There are tons of restrictions about the sea grass, turtles, dunes, etc.  You'll have to contact the local county office.  Most of them have a website.  Just let me know which beach and I'll do my  best to assist.  If you decide to use a hotel on the beach for your wedding ceremony/reception, they take care of all of that for you!

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

Sweetlake Posts : 67 Registered: 6/14/08
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 10:28 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Oh thanks!!!  I hadn't thought about having a hotel take care of things.  If I look around maybe I will find one that has a nice reception space too.  

Laura + Mark = ♥

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 10:47 AM Go to message in response to: Sweetlake

My uncle got married on the beach in Fla several years ago in front of the hotel where they had the reception, and the hotel took care of everything. It was great because the bride got ready in the honeymoon suite and just had to walk downstairs to get married, which was really easy and convenient! 

MrsDorcely Posts : 23 Registered: 4/12/06
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: Sweetlake

I am sure you would have to contact the city or town. it's better to be safe then sorry.  I  got married at a villa on the water in Jamaican and it was a private villa so we did not have to get permission but if it is public property it is still owned by the town so I am sure you have to get some kind of permission.  I hope that helps!

www.alamodebride.com

Message was edited by: MrsDorcely

serendipity3033 Posts : 363 Registered: 5/11/06
Posted: Jun 29, 2008 7:06 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDorcely

also, if its a busy beach, something to think about... random people in bathing suits winding up in the background of your pics!!!!  That was a big fear of mine, so I ultimately went with a private location.  If you go through a hotel, they may be able to secure an area just for your party.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine