Ceremony Exit - Sparklers?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

Jen415 Posts : 255 Registered: 3/7/07
Ceremony Exit - Sparklers?
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 11:55 AM

Has anybody used sparklers as their ceremony exit?  (instead of bubbles, flower petals, etc.). 

My sister is considering this idea for her 8.9.08 wedding.  She has a large guest list so we're curious how anyone handled the lighting of the sparklers...and if they provided anything different for the kiddos.

Thanks!

May 24, 2008
Daisypath Ticker

nanette927 Posts : 1,748 Registered: 1/28/08
Re: Ceremony Exit - Sparklers?
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: Jen415

It's a great idea! =) I'm doing it!

Our ceremony is @ 6p.m So we figured it would be something different. My other concern was that I didn't want anyone to spill bubbles on the ground someone could slip there is tile outside the chaple. 

Besides it looks really nice at night time. Bubbles are good for day light.

Thats my opinion =) 

NANETTE' & JAMES

TO BE UNITIED AS ONE SEPTEMBER 27, 2008 

CUTE

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 12:38 PM Go to message in response to: Jen415

The Bm and Gm all want to do that for the reception exit since are alreayd have the arch of swords for the ceremony they want to do it for the reception, i think its going to make really wonderful pictures!

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Jen415 Posts : 255 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 1:44 PM Go to message in response to: coastiebride

I agree it's a great idea and something unique.  She's worried about getting everyone's lit fast enough so the first people's don't burn out by the time her and FH exit...any suggestions on this?

Are you planning on having an "age limit" for who gets sparklers?  She's also concerned about the potential fire hazard.

Thanks ladies!

May 24, 2008
Daisypath Ticker

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 1:53 PM Go to message in response to: Jen415

That is a WONDERFUL idea!  I've seen it before.  I know in Houston you cannot have 'fireworks' inside the city limits.  I don't know if sparklers count.  But you may want to check that out with the fire dept, too.  I would think that one should at least be 5 or 6 to handle them.  I'd also would designate several 'lighters' so they could start and be done in the least amount of time.

BrandNewAmy Posts : 341 Registered: 7/3/07
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 1:57 PM Go to message in response to: Jen415

We're doing this, too -- I love all of the sparkler photos I've seen.  And I sure as hell don't want to be picking birdseed out of my $75 hairdo. ;-)

From what I understand, like with all sparklers, they are pretty safe for children (I would not personally give one to a child younger than 3 unsupervised).  The burn time depends on the length of the sparkler and the number of guests you have.  The regular small sparklers you get at 4th of July burn out in less than a minute, which is not enough time to assemble your guests.  The wedding sparklers are either 20" (up to about 80 guests) or 36" (for larger parties).

The instructions say that the first few should be lit with a butane lighter (a match isn't enough), but that all of the rest should be lit by touching the sparkler of the person standing next to you.  So I guess the secret is, get everyone in two lines, make sure they have a sparkler, and have a couple of people take care of lighting the "starter" sparklers with an Aim-n-Flame.  Then the guests will each light each others'. 

Have your photographer ready at the front of the line to catch shots of you running towards them!

Good luck!

Trying to lose 40 lbs. by November 16th!  My weight loss mantra:  "Don't give up what you want the most for what you want at the moment."

Check out our web site:  http://amyandrodney.wedquarters.com/ 

CapeCodBride08 Posts : 151 Registered: 3/9/07
Posted: Jul 5, 2008 12:36 PM Go to message in response to: Jen415

MY COUSIN DID THAT FOR THE EXIT AT THE END OF THE NIGHT AND HONESTLY I DIDN'T CARE FOR IT BC I KEPT GETTING LITTLE BURNS .... BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION

LizWearsTights Posts : 57 Registered: 8/20/07
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 9:18 PM Go to message in response to: CapeCodBride08

I caught my hair on fire with a sparkler once.  As funny as it is to look back on, I doubt I would think it was funny on my wedding day.  Keep in mind how flammable you're going to be, with all the hair product.

http://mondaybear.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine