little cousin needs some advice

Online Users: 1,305 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 18

SparrowSong Posts : 77 Registered: 11/5/07
Re: little cousin needs some advice
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 12:20 PM Go to message in response to: sweetbride09

He sounds like a loser. He has a daughter but still lives with his own mother? Jezzus - put on the big boy pants and be a father.

I think she should leave him. Either he really is a loser and she should quit wasting her time, or he will get the kick in the ass he really needs and learn to live the life of a grown up.

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: UltimatePink

I agree with Myra. THe man is a FATHER for Christs Sakes. Grow up and act like one. Move out of your parents house ...thats step one. And if theyve been together FIVE years, what the hell is he waiting for? Hes got the commitment part.... a child. A family. Maybe he thinks as long as he doesnt make it "official"... he isnt REALLY commited. This dude needs to grow up FAST.

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched - www.myaislerunner.com

BL6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will CHACHACHA our way to the TOP $ PRIZE!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

PLysak Posts : 288 Registered: 7/8/07
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 12:55 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

I agree with Kelly and Myra.  Look at it from his perspective: he gets sex from your cousin whenever he wants, gets to play daddy whenever he wants, lives in a house that he doesn't have to pay for, gets food that he doesn't have to buy or cook, and he presumably gets housekeeping from Mom and Dad without having to do a damn thing for it.

My DH was living with his mom when we met and started dating.  He was 16, I was 19.  When I got pregnant at 20 (he was 17), my DH went out that day, got a job, and saved up enough for us to get our own place away from family.  At 17, my DH was enough of a man to figure out that fathers participate in emotionally, physically, and financially supporting his kids and the woman who made them.  This guy is a loser, and your cousin shouldn't waste anymore time with him.  He will never commit; he will continue to string her along with promises of a wedding to keep her, but he will never follow through.  I've known many types just like him.

Priscilla & John

Crazy for each other, since 1995.

sweetbride09 Posts : 23 Registered: 9/30/07
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 5:32 PM Go to message in response to: PLysak

Thanks ladies for all your advice I just hope that things work out for her.  I think she's going to sit down and have a heart to heart with him and then I guess we will see where things go.  I will keep you updated.  Thanks again for your advice.Laughing
susan

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine