NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Re: OMG CHECK THIS OUT
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 2:57 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

OMG muffin wouldnt that be awesome if it was them?  hahaha
Daisypath Next Aniversary Ticker

bridegonecrazy Posts : 114 Registered: 11/29/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 3:28 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Who are Matt and Katrina?  Did they do this same type of thing?? 

Knoxvegas Posts : 951 Registered: 9/12/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 3:30 PM Go to message in response to: bridegonecrazy

Matt and Katrina started a profile on Brides to ask up to vote for them to win a "dream wedding." It was quite the drama. Check on the Wedding Planning thread for VOTE FOR US to read up.

"Love is not a matter of counting the years -- it's making the years count."

-Wolfman Jack Smith

bridegonecrazy Posts : 114 Registered: 11/29/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 3:50 PM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

Thanks Knox.  I still can't believe the ebay bride. 

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 5:01 PM Go to message in response to: bridegonecrazy

What kind of person would BID on this? Why would anyone WANT to be a BM in some strangers wedding, and pay thousands of dollars to do so? Again, whenever someone says "I cant afford my DREAM wedding" my first thought is, well then DONT HAVE ONE. Be creative. You can create a dream wedding without having it be super expensive. But dont expect ME to feel pity on you and shell out MY hard earned cash so YOU can have your stupid wedding. I just dont get why anyone would WANT to be in that wedding. Put your money towards something more meaningful. Crazyness.

BTW: Id like a sandwich at the corner deli. Im hungry. My DREAM sandwich is a turkey with swiss on rye, but I cannot afford it. Please bid and help me buy my dream sandwich. You get nothing for your bid except for the knowledge you have helped my lazyass. Thanks.

DREAM SANDWICH. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched - www.myaislerunner.com

BL6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will CHACHACHA our way to the TOP $ PRIZE!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

carebearny1999 Posts : 1,253 Registered: 9/21/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 6:07 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

WOW!  Up to $5,500!  Wish I had thought of it....

http://www.mywedding.com/caryandmike/

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 9:14 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

They did something very similar to this in Tampa a couple of years ago.  The bride and groom couldn't afford their wedding.  A local radio show sold "tickets" on ebay to crash the wedding.  They sold "an invitation" to the bach and bachorlerette party.  I bet if you researched it further, you would find a local radio/tv station behind it.

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 9:46 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I have to say it's inventive.

But doesn't it go against the whole idea of attendants at your wedding - i.e. that they are individuals close to you that, hopefully, will support you and Fh through your marriage.  

That's why this rubs me raw.  

Oh that, and if you couldn't afford your wedding to begin with, then WHY did you plan it at that cost?!?!

I am a fortunate person, my parents are pretty much covering our wedding - but I didn't plan ANYTHING until I knew that.  it would have been very different otherwise.  i don't get it. 

ryanandamanda Posts : 376 Registered: 7/25/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 10:07 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Did they actually get $5700????  OMG!! 

06/28/2008

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 11:23 PM Go to message in response to: ryanandamanda

Purportedly, yes they did.

i can't imagine opening up my wedding to just anyone on the internet.  No offense to you all, BUT, that's not cool.

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 11:52 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I hope they post pictures after their wedding because I really want to see who the winning person was/is.  I think it's pretty funny and inventive.  But seriously, who in their right mind pays $5700 to be in a wedding of someone they don't know?

To love someone deeply gives you strength. Being loved by someone deeply gives you courage.

Lao Tzu

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 12:21 AM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

Well she even brought up the fact that a transvestite might bid and win.  She was unfazed.

Re: OMG CHECK THIS OUT--UPDATE
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 8:51 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

OK girls saw the story on GMA today.  She ended up getting "sponsored" by some guy who works for Dr. Pepper and she got like $20,000. (i cant be sure of the number as I was in the kitchen at the time) Anyway now Dr. Pepper might be doing an online competition to get a bridesmaid for her. MAybe even a celebrity. The bride said "now we get a honeymoon too!!"  BIG WHOOP. I still think its the more re-donk thing I have ever heard. And to hear people sympathizing with her is disgusting!!

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Jun 26, 2008 9:14 AM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

That's so not cool. Why do people REWARD idiots like this? If you want a more expensive wedding, then save for a longer time or go to school, get an education, and get better jobs so that you can afford it. Don't ask strangers to 'sponsor' you. I hate this sort of thing. People shouldn't be rewarded for doing NOTHING.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Jun 26, 2008 9:19 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

And I believe the dress for the 'new' BM is donated from the shop too. Even the news anchors were like, "wow what a smart young woman" and of course they blame it on the economy...like that has ANYTHING to do with ANYTHING. I might head over to the GMA website to see the comments from the viewers. Although if they are all nice I might barf!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine