Anyone heard of this?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

ryanandamanda Posts : 376 Registered: 7/25/07
Anyone heard of this?
Posted: Jun 24, 2008 11:33 PM

So I got my hair trial done today, so excited.  My hairstylist told me one of her clients got her bridal pics sone A MONTH before the wedding.  Yeah, so wedding hair/ make-up done twice.  Pay for two days of photography.  And let alone the fact that there's NO way you'd look excatly the same a month apart.

Not meaning to offend anyone, I just can't even imagine doing this.  And would love to know the reasoning.

2BBauer Posts : 478 Registered: 12/15/07
Re: Anyone heard of this?
Posted: Jun 24, 2008 11:36 PM Go to message in response to: ryanandamanda

Not exactly the same, but similar...

When my mom got married she found a budding photographer.  He did their wedding photos for an incredibly budget friednly price but in exchange she had to get all done up, before her wedding, and let him take her pics for his portfolio.

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 11:38 PM Go to message in response to: 2BBauer

See that makes sense to me though.

06/28/2008

butterflybride08 Posts : 70 Registered: 1/19/08
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 12:56 AM Go to message in response to: ryanandamanda

I know someone who had a professional photographer friend do all their pictures, and she got all decked out a few weeks before the wedding and went somewhere to get all these outdoorsy flower garden bridal portraits made which they wouldn't have time for on the wedding day. She didn't get her hair/makeup done professionally though, and clearly looked different from the wedding day. It was just more artistic which totally suited her style.

BTW do you have pics or have you started a thread with them? I love seeing hair pics!!!

Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 8:26 PM Go to message in response to: butterflybride08

No, don't have pics, she only did an idea of what it'd look like.  Cause evidently it'll take an hour the day of!  Geez.  And I'd already been there for like two hours for my dye job.  I'll deff post pics after the wedding though. Laughing

06/28/2008

futuremrsmason Posts : 239 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 8:33 PM Go to message in response to: ryanandamanda

Its called a bridal session, and many do them.

You're more laid back for those photos, as you don't have the stress of the actual wedding day-dayness going on (No Aunt Hilda to nose her way into anything, or family members getting their point and shoots in the way). Also, it allows for more time the day of for the rest of the photos, or for the day-off photos to be done quicker so that the guests don't wait long to see the couple.Personally, I couldn't imaging not doing it. it makes tons of sense, if your wedding photos are really important to you.

Wedding Tickers and More From LifeTicker.com

AdorablePlanet.com AdorablePlanet.com

MagicalMomentsP... Posts : 742 Registered: 3/6/06
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 9:05 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsmason

Bridal portraits are typically done before the wedding.  They are most popular in the Southern states and are not well known in the rest of the country. 

Howard Kier, Certified Professional Wedding Photographer

Magical Moments Photography

futuremrsmason Posts : 239 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 9:08 PM Go to message in response to: MagicalMomentsP...

well, i guess that would explain why i couldn't imagine doing them! Every bride i have shot has done them ahead of time, as well as my friends and soon to be myself! :)
Wedding Tickers and More From LifeTicker.com

AdorablePlanet.com AdorablePlanet.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine