I'm done with this. This isn't for me.

Online Users: 1,252 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 122

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Re: I'm done with this. This isn't for me.
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 4:19 PM Go to message in response to: nmtgirl

For the record, I DID NOT post anything on your website. I didn't even click on the link. I saw the picture that you posted on your profile and that is it. I also think that posting rude comments on your personal site is a bit much, however keep in mind that these forums are open to everyone out there in cyber space and it could be some 14 yr old boy who has nothing better to do.

Lorilee Posts : 437 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 4:24 PM Go to message in response to: nmtgirl

Whoever is doing that is totally immature, and needs to stop. I'm sorry this escalated to the point of you leaving, and that some members cannot be more mature.

Y'know, I've been wondering where the mod staff is when stuff like this goes on. I am a moderator on a discussion forum, and we actually track IP addresses when hurtful things like this happen to people. It's just a curiousity on my part.

Lori & Bob
October 11, 2008

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 4:25 PM Go to message in response to: nmtgirl

Yeah, that's really not cool, people. I wouldn't even be Ok with that if the person in question did something really terrible before leaving the boards, and NMT really didn't DO anything other than disagree with some of the advice she was given. Leave her alone, or at least use your own name rather than 'the gang at Brides' if you want to leave bad comments on her website - I don't want to be part of that.

Maybe there was sarcasm in RanAway's post that I missed, but I didn't think she intended people to write mean things on NMT's site. Oh, and for the record, I SERIOUSLY DOUBT that Kelley would EVER do something like that. In fact, I think she'll be pretty pissed that someone used her name.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

MissR Posts : 139 Registered: 7/17/06
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 4:30 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

ArtBride is so right, at least leave your own name, only a coward would hide behind a fake name.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 4:35 PM Go to message in response to: nmtgirl

OK that is just NOT OK.  I'm very sorry that someone has done that.

And I agree that maybe it would be best if RanAway edited the website addy from her post.  NTM stated that RanAway didn't post it to be mean (and it wasn't) but obviously it's now been used to be malicious.  And while yes, everything is open to whomever reads the internet, no point in us facilitating them.

Best of luck to you NTM! 

EDIT: Grammar correction.

Message was edited by: PharmToxGirl

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 4:40 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Oh, and for the record, I SERIOUSLY DOUBT that Kelley would EVER do something like that. In fact, I think she'll be pretty pissed that someone used her name...

100% correct Artbride. I definately would NEVER do something like that; and youre even mroe right that I am PISSED that anyone would use MY name to spread their own immaturity and hate. That just sucks on every level. Some people really need a life if they are spending their time hiding behind other peoples names in order to insult you. I hope you can easily delete any nasty or inappropriate messages. Thats just wrong.

Why is my font this large?

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched - www.myaislerunner.com

BL6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will CHACHACHA our way to the TOP $ PRIZE!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 4:41 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley - Yeah so knew it wasn't you, but so did NTMgirl.  

But it's sad what people will do. 

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Re:
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 4:52 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

nmtgirl-I was furious when I read your last post and deleted your address right away-ladies please refer back to my last post....I read posts after I edited that post and was relieved to know that other's are pissed also...

Fitzer Posts : 643 Registered: 8/7/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 4:59 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

People are the worst.

nmtgirl Posts : 142 Registered: 2/12/07
Re:
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Thank you very, very much, RanAway. I understand why you posted it in the first and know that you did not mean for this to happen. Kelley, I also wanted to reiterate that I knew right away that it was not you - just someone using your name. MuffinB, I could tell from what was being said that it was not you either. Frankly, the only time you ever said something to me was when I was out of line and said something first. (I promise I am not a monster and really can see my own faults and take ownership for them, guys!)

When I was checking some other threads to make sure there was no other mention of my wedding site, I noticed there is some speculation that I have simply made a new name to create more ruckus. Just for the record, this is far from the case. Frankly, if I were going to do that, I would have made up names during this thread to stick up for myself, if I were that immature. Simply stated, I am not. Simple fact is, I just realized that this website was not what I thought I was looking for. There is nothing for to it than that. Kind of like when you go into a department store and realize that the specialty shoe store down the way has more what you are looking for. Seriously, that's it. 

So far, I have been able to delete all of the comments from the wedding website but I am getting calls from my family wanting to know what is going on and why people are saying such things - none of which were even really related to the op, just basically about how fat I am and how I'm too fat to fit in a wedding dress anyway. I just want whoever is posting those to realize what an impact it is making in hopes that they will have a heart and just stop.

I'm not asking for an apology. But, frankly, I have made an ass of myself at times on this thread and if I can be a big girl and own up to it and apologize, can't you just let it go and leave me alone? 

Update: Apparently the messages are still coming so I have had to add a password to my website so now my family cannot even have access to it.  

Message was edited by: nmtgirl

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Re:
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: nmtgirl

NMT, I am really sorry to hear that ppl are doing that it is really tacky and very immature.  My guess is that it's someone who has been lurking on this thread, and just decided to go there and be nasty.  I hope that you can find a way to delete the nastiness.

Best wishes!!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re:
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 5:22 PM Go to message in response to: nmtgirl

NMT: Thats horrible. Honestly, from the people I do know on this site; I cant think of ANYONE that would write something like that on someones wedding website. I just dont think any of us are that cruel. But obviously someone did it and that someone is a coward for using MY name. Seriously, that totally pisses me off. I wanted to see what types of comments "Kelley and the gang" were writing in my name so I did just try to look on your site but noticed I have to sign up or log in to do so. I dont want to do this because I dont want my name further associated with those comments (you have to give your email address and other info to post comments.) So did you add that step in order to secure the site better; or did the idiot who posted as ME also use my email address too? If they did, Id like to know because thats just insanely wrong. Even though I had nothing to do with it, Im so sorry this happened. People absolutely suck. Why does one person always have to ruin everything for everyone else by taking things way too far? Seriously.

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched - www.myaislerunner.com

BL6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will CHACHACHA our way to the TOP $ PRIZE!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Re:
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 5:26 PM Go to message in response to: nmtgirl

That's just wrong. Seriously, I don't think any of us on brides.com wrote those mean things on your website. I really think it was some random lurker who loves the drama and wanted to add fuel to the fire or some dumb teenagers. If I were you, I would take down the website completely and create a new one.

Good luck.

nmtgirl Posts : 142 Registered: 2/12/07
Re:
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 5:34 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Actually, Kelley, it was my FH who put up the password on the website because I had told him about the stuff on it earlier and he found more of it on there during his lunch break so he called me and asked me if he could put up a password. When you post stuff on there, it does ask for an email address anyway though and the email address with it was bogus though. It was like bride@hotmail.com or something. My guess is it's either a lurker who has been reading the threads or someone who only posts every once in a while that no one knows very well. I don't think it's someone that we've all known like ArtBride or AOTB or anyone who posts regularly. I can't imagine any of them doing it. I've gotten used to everyone's names and kind of their personalities. That's why it has been important to me for you guys to know that I wasn't leaving because I got a bad taste in my mouth or anything stupid like that. So it was even harder to imagine someone who I've been talking to regularly posting that on my wedding website. Anyway, FH and I are going to decide tonight on either a permanent wedding website password (cause I have worked sooo hard on that website!) or starting a new one. Either way, this is going to be my last post. I'm looking more for some place I can just blog I think.

Re:
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 5:38 PM Go to message in response to: nmtgirl

NMT - I'm glad you were able to get something up to help and good luck on whatever you decide with the website.

If you're looking for more of a blog like feel, you might want to try out Livejournal.  You can make your posts public or screened so only friends can see it or even particular groups of friends that you set up. 

Good luck! 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine