I'm done with this. This isn't for me.

Online Users: 1,308 guest(s), 2 user(s). Replies: 122

newsjunkie Posts : 3,417 Registered: 3/30/06
Re:
Posted: Jun 24, 2008 11:10 PM Go to message in response to: nmtgirl

Nmtgirl, you say you get upset when someone assumes that because of your age you are not old enough to get married.  Well, based on WHAT YOU TOLD US you honestly don't seem to be that mature and maybe you should wait a few more years before getting married- and I say this without having read what sounds like a number of inflammatory posts written and deleted since the last time I logged on so I am not holding those against you (though I will, once again, say how much I HATE when people delete ALL their posts when they really only needed to delete the ones in which they went overboard...).

I also think- based on reading other people's posts- that you are from a small town.  Maybe you should get out and see a bit more of the world, experience life some more before getting married.  Are you in college?  If you are, maybe you should transfer to a school in a slightly larger city.  I just think that your post doesn't sound like the post that a woman about to be married should be writing, something in there (and, unfortunately, I cannot go back and read it) just doesn't quite sound right but I can't put my finger on it...

Just something to think about... 

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Re:
Posted: Jun 24, 2008 11:41 PM Go to message in response to: newsjunkie

Wow a body misses one night on the boards and this is what happens.  I just don't get why people get made and leave the boards just because you meanies disagree with them. 

STOP VOICEING YOUR OPINIONS SO WE CAN HAVE FUN. 

Everybody knows these boards are so we can all be sunshine and lollipops.  Now I am upset that you have made someone else leave the boards. 

I'M LEAVING THIS MESSAGE BOARD!!!!!!

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re:
Posted: Jun 24, 2008 11:51 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

KNW - Of course the world is a better place when everyone agrees with MEEEE!!  In fact, the world revolves around ME!   LOL

Heaven forbid we should disagree.  In fact, that is why I LIKE these Boards.  I read responses to SEE the different responses and OFTEN I look at things in a different perspective.  Even if I don't agree with them, I'm a better person for considering them. 

When we lose that, it's over. 

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re:
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 12:29 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Mushaboo ... When did I call you a bitter whiney baby? I honestly dont remember that.

POOF!

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched - www.myaislerunner.com

BL6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will CHACHACHA our way to the TOP $ PRIZE!

"When you're born, you get a free ticket to the Freak Show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." - R.I.P. George Carlin

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Re:
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 5:39 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Edit:

YES! THIS IS THE FIRST TIME AND I AM DELETING TEXT FROM A POST! 

Wow-nmtgirl!

I had NO IDEA that would happen and I promise you, I never EVER thought that some of the ladies would actually do that! I am quite shocked and rather pissed off.

I was merely trying to point out by posting your wedding address that I believed that you both look like decent college-bound people who are on the right path! (Except for in-law issues, that is.)

Comeon! Does anybody agree with me, here! That was OUT OF LINE AND REALLY EFFING RUDE! Grow the hell up and take the sh** off her site!

She has her own set of issues like we all do and deserves the same respect as the next....regardless of age, education, sex, color, creed, thoughts, ideologies, beliefs..what have you---For Christs' Sake! 

Original Post: (Minus the wedding address)

Ladies-check out nmtgirl's website-it's cute. They are both in school and he is into the arts. They are not stupid people. In view of this fact, I can't understand why there is so much controversy about her FH eating bad meat, so I believe there's much more going on than what we're being told. 

AOTB-I seriously could NOT stop laughing at that last comment...

Again-I hope she makes the right decision.. 

Message was edited by: RanAway2Maine

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re:
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 9:00 AM Go to message in response to: RanAway2Maine

Really? You're leaving the boards because a couple people told you that your FH should have enough common sense by age 20 not to eat bad meat? Seriously?

What are you going to do when a BOSS criticizes you? Quit your job?

What about when marriage gets hard? Are you going to quit that?

Sorry....but if you are so sensitive that a few comments from STRANGERS (not even to your face) upset you THIS much, I don't really think you're ready for adult life AT ALL, let alone marriage.

That being said, did I ever tell you that I'm MAJORLY OFFENDED when people leave the boards? I can't handle this anymore! THAT'S IT - I AM LEAVING THE BOARDS OVER THIS!!!!! :)

DaisypathWedding Ticker

ginmal Posts : 396 Registered: 1/11/08
Re:
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 9:59 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

This just shows how bad off you are in the maturity department.

**Formerly Gin & Gin13...forgot my password!! LOL**

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Re:
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 10:27 AM Go to message in response to: ginmal

If anyone should leave the boards it should be me!!

I was the one that got called "muffin top", no wait I was called the "all knowing muffin top" and that is a LIE!

I should be pissed, I should slam the door and stomp out of here and never come back! "This isn't for me"!

BUT, I am a bit more mature than that, I will stay.

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Re:
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 11:06 AM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

No Muffin, you stay.  I'm the one who had a Caramel Macchiato (sp?) and half of a bran muffin this morning, now I'm gasey and need someone to rub my tummy!!!  I'll go!!!

MrsMcCain Posts : 580 Registered: 10/24/07
Re: I'm done with this. This isn't for me.
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 12:55 PM Go to message in response to: nmtgirl

I read a little bit of this post earlier.... don't really understand what is going on now. I just thought that I would share a somewhat interesting story  about my life. I thought maybe your FMIL did this by accident. Things like this can happen. Here is my story:

I made some kool aide when we moved into our new home. I think it sat in our fridge for about two months, and every once in awhile I would drink so and so would FH. Around the third month of this being in the fridge, and me not thinking that it would go bad that quickly (just honestly didn't know) I poured FH a glass for dinner one night and he drank it all. He later discovered, after he drank it, that there was quite a bit of mold in the glass. I later examined the pitcher and discovered that there was A LOT of mold... He didn't get that sick, I think the thought of him drinking mold was worse.

Anywho the point of that story was to let you know that mistakes happen, and unless this incident has occurred on more than one occassion I would not be worried!

PLysak Posts : 288 Registered: 7/8/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 2:19 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcCain

Yay, I'm the 100th post!  Now I'm outta here, because "I'm done with this.  This isn't for me."  LOL!!

Priscilla & John

Crazy for each other, since 1995.

nmtgirl Posts : 142 Registered: 2/12/07
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 4:04 PM Go to message in response to: PLysak

Ladies, I made the decision to leave these boards not because of what was said or anything but because I realized that what I was looking for was not was these boards were for. I made my apologizes and left respectfully. I deleted my posts because it had wedding website address on my signature on it and I did not want that associated with this post and want something more to turn out of this. However, being at work I did not have time to go through and delete just the wedding website address. I have no problem with people knowing what I said - I know that most of it was wrong and I apologized for that.

I am back just to relay one quick message and then I will let you get back to your wedding planning or bashing me, which ever you like. I am receiving rude and hateful messages on my wedding website from people signing them "Kelley and the gang" and "from so-and-so from brides.com". I don't appreciate it and I just ask that it stop. I also am sure that it is not from Kelley herself because all though she is not one to hold back her opinion, I have never seen her to be malicious. I did see that RanAway posted my wedding website address and I know that the post was actually done in a really fair and nice way. However, people have chosen to use that address in a really hurtful way so I am asking you now, RanAway, to go against what you all say about deleting posts and to please delete that one for the sake of my privacy. It is one thing to say your opinions on here, but to attack me through my personal wedding website is really horrible. That is something that is supposed to help make my wedding special and to use it to try to just entertain yourself by being hateful is really cruel.

Just please let it go and let me be. I never meant to hurt anyone and I only meant that I realized that what I thought brides.com was for and what it really is used for are different things. IE. blogging, venting, etc. I was just trying to be respectful. Please just let this go. Thank you. 

Belle1154 Posts : 235 Registered: 11/2/06
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 4:09 PM Go to message in response to: nmtgirl

Wow.

Are you serious?  Ladies, are there really members of this board harassing this woman on her PERSONAL WEDDING WEBSITE?  No matter what you think of this poster, her maturity level, anything, it should be confined to the board.  That surpasses ANY level of immaturity.

NMT, I am so sorry people are doing that.  I dont blame you for wanting to leave.  

Please.  Leave her alone.   

"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine..."

I marry my prince on April 19, 2008

http://weddings.partyspace.com/dianaallen

Ashleyanne2010 Posts : 447 Registered: 5/3/08
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 4:14 PM Go to message in response to: Belle1154

I second that- harassing her on her personal wedding website is utterly ridiculous... Whomever is doing that really needs to find a better way to spend their time.

MissR Posts : 139 Registered: 7/17/06
Posted: Jun 25, 2008 4:17 PM Go to message in response to: nmtgirl

NMTGIRL, that's just awful that anyone posted those messages on your personal website.  Sorry to hear that happened.  It's terrible and whoever did it is just childish and a total jackass.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine