Post your best weight loss tips here

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 22

BellaBeautifulB... Posts : 78 Registered: 8/9/07
Post your best weight loss tips here
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 11:18 AM

I think we should put a list together of good weight loss tips.  We all have something that we know works good so we should all come together and get a good list of what we know works.  I am always looking for some good tips.  Plus, we can print it and have it to help us out in our quest for our awesome wedding bod's Kiss

**My first tip**  This is a tip I confess that I got from the big O (that would be Oprah...I am pretty sure everyone outside of Chicago knows her)which is NO NIGHT EATING.  Have your dinner and then that's it.  Drink water or hot tea but don't eat.  I admit I can't always abid by this rule.  When I can't, I pick something light like fruit or yougurt or popcorn.  But, when I do stick with it, it is very beneficial!  Hope this helps.

Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypath Wedding Ticker

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Re: Post your best weight loss tips here
Posted: Jun 24, 2008 2:35 PM Go to message in response to: BellaBeautifulB...

Good topic!

Brush your teeth after eating....I don't like getting my teeth all "foody" again after eating, so I just don't...well try not to.

Linny-SwannaWILL chop up the competition.

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 12:47 PM Go to message in response to: BellaBeautifulB...

Don't drink anything but water.  There's tons of empty calories in soda (obviously) and even healthy drinks like juice.  I have half a glass of milk or OJ in the morning and then drink nothing but water for the rest of the day.

I lost 10 pounds pretty quickly when I started doing this.  Previously I was a Mountain Dew addict! 

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 1:34 PM Go to message in response to: HLYflute

Drinking tons of water is an awesome tip.  There are a lot of times that you may think your hungry but your really just thirsty.  Staying hydrated also had added perks like helping your skin and hair.  Plus, it makes you feel full.  

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 1:40 PM Go to message in response to: HLYflute

I have to agree with HLYflute that drinking water throughout the day instead of soda is a big help .... I also think that changing snacking habits to fruits and veggies instead of chips and such is good.

Also if you try to throw in some sort of exercise - even if it is walking I think that helps!!

MrsCP3 Posts : 456 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jun 27, 2008 1:43 PM Go to message in response to: BellaBeautifulB...

I lost 55 lbs eating 1200 calories a day and working out 3-4 times a week... it really wasn't that hard and I've never felt better (I went from a size 14 to a size 0!)

Posted: Jun 27, 2008 1:51 PM Go to message in response to: BellaBeautifulB...

I know cutting out regular soda is definitely a good thing, but what do you guys think about diet soda?  I have cut back and have gone back to drinking more water and crystal light.  I know water is better but do you think you could actually loose weight from cutting out diet soda? I have heard that drinking diet soda makes you bloat up. 

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 5:02 PM Go to message in response to: BellaBeautifulB...

The diet soda's/cyrstal light does add up , your better off drinking 1 regular soda per day then 2 or 3 diet soda's per day.

Linny-SwannaWILL chop up the competition.

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: Jul 1, 2008 5:14 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

Studies have shown that regular breakfast eaters tend to have lower BMI (body mass index) then non-breakfast eaters.  So eat breakfast.  It jumpstarts your metabolism, and you'll eat less the rest of the day.

TIP: to get the benefit of breakfast, you should eat it before 10am, or else it won't count. 

Another piece of advice:  If you've lost weight, keep a picture of yourself when you were heavy around as motivation.  It's a way of keeping yourself on track, and a reminder not to go back to your old lifestyle.

HLYflute Posts : 1,282 Registered: 2/5/07
Posted: Jul 4, 2008 8:21 PM Go to message in response to: BellaBeautifulB...

I have heard that the fake sugar in diet pop (yeah, from the midwest here) can actually make your body crave real sugar even more, and that it can dehydrate you which makes you feel hungry.

Personally, I can't stand the taste of sweeteners and splenda makes me sick to my stomach.  If I'm going to eat something sweet, it's going to have real sugar!

I think those things are fine as long as it's in moderation.  And really, I don't miss pop anymore.  It was hard to give it up the first month or two, but now I almost never even want it.  I might drink one can every 3+months. 

Posted: Jul 7, 2008 6:14 PM Go to message in response to: HLYflute

I wish I could cut out my diet pop and coffee but it's just not in the cards.  I would instantly become bridezilla.  Right now I am just working on drinking mostly water and only having diet pop and coffee in moderation.  When I do need something sweet I go for the natural stuff...fruit or some yougurt. 

SarahsFairytale Posts : 28 Registered: 9/24/07
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 1:00 AM Go to message in response to: BellaBeautifulB...

i like this thread so i'll bump it.

also, i know a lot of people mentioned drinking more water, but a way to make doing that easier is to add some lemon. i started doing this and it makes it so much easier for me to drink more water! also, if anyone wants to try, i saw on the tyra show i think that beyonce adds lemon and cucumber slices to her water to give it a fresher taste. haent tried this yet but it sounds great!

SteffMay2009 Posts : 383 Registered: 10/22/08
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 7:17 AM Go to message in response to: SarahsFairytale

Track your calories. My gym said that weight loss is 80% what you eat and 20% exercise. A good site is thedailyplate.com. You can enter in how much you weigh and what your goals are. It gives you target numbers and helps you track. I lost weight keeping track of my food and running.
Also great tip on the no soda. Poland Spring has this flavored carbonated water with no calories and sugar. Tastes sort of like seltzer, and I've been doing that when plain water won't due.

AMM2009 Posts : 59 Registered: 10/30/08
Posted: Jan 8, 2009 10:18 AM Go to message in response to: SteffMay2009

I take the Hydroxycut Hardcore. It really helps supress my hunger and gives me energy. I'm not saying it's a magic diet pill and you just drop pounds without changing habits, but for me it has really worked. I don't feel as hungry during the day and when I do eat I am full much faster. So thats my little secret

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.

mizbex Posts : 40 Registered: 1/10/07
Posted: Jan 10, 2009 11:04 AM Go to message in response to: BellaBeautifulB...

Ive lost a total of almost 20 lbs in the past 2 months, without even trying.

You can eat as much as you want, providing its the right type of things - I dont eat meat, we only have whole grain starches in the house, and to balance the no meat, dinner I always have alot of veggies, fruit is high in sugar and carbs, so its not as healthy as we all think.

Taking a great multi vitamin is important not only for health, but they do help boost your metabolism and ensure you get all the nutrients you need, important when dieting.

Also, every 3 months or so I do one of those body cleanse routine, they work really well.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine