Any brides planning on wearing lingerie on wedding night?

Online Users: 1,297 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 24

mainstdancer08 Posts : 140 Registered: 3/27/08
Any brides planning on wearing lingerie on wedding night?
Posted: May 27, 2008 7:48 PM

Anybody?

Brian & Kristina -4- EVER starting Fall,2010

MrsTaraschi Posts : 190 Registered: 10/11/07
Re: Any brides planning on wearing lingerie on wedding night?
Posted: May 27, 2008 7:50 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I got a little two piece lace cami outfit for the wedding night and for another night on the honeymoon, I bought a cute cami set that says you may now kiss the bride.

RDWM Posts : 1,354 Registered: 9/27/06
Posted: May 27, 2008 7:54 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

My DH bought me a whole new lingerie wardrobe as a wedding gift so I most certainly did. He got me enough to wear something new every night of our honeymoon with some to spare. It was so sweet. Now when I put lingerie on I know it's something that he likes. 

Danille

I'd rather be a Could-Be
if I cannot be an Are;
because a Could-Be is a May-Be
who is reaching for a star.

I'd rather be a Has-Been
than a Might-Have-Been by far,
for a Might-Have Been has never been,
but a Has was once an Are.

By: Milton Berle

Obama for president.

futuremrsmason Posts : 239 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: May 28, 2008 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I'm not decided yet. I definitely will be that week, as my girl friends are putting on a personal shower a couple weeks before, but that night I haven't decided yet. I really like the idea of him removing my dress himself that night...
Wedding Tickers and More From LifeTicker.com

AdorablePlanet.com movingannouncementstore.com

Lorilee Posts : 437 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: May 29, 2008 2:44 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsmason

I got an ivory torsolette edged in lace and satin panties to match, also edged in lace. It fits well under my dress, and is more comfortable than just dress (I bought a strapless lace-up).

FH is going to get a surprise when he unlaces my gown...

Lori & Bob
October 11, 2008

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 7:36 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I was already spending too much money on the wedding, so I figured, "Why buy lingerie if it's only going to be worn for a minute or two?"

Yeah...for me personally, there was no need for lingerie.  My naked self was perfectly fine :) 

Renee86 Posts : 159 Registered: 5/30/08
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 11:52 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I'm definitely wearing lingerie for the wedding night. I love lingerie. Probably have way too much of it but oh well lol. That and shoes.Tongue out
Daisypath Wedding Ticker

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Jun 15, 2008 1:54 AM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

i honestly think the last thing i want to do after wearing a gown that is about 35lbs is put on more clothes! although i am planning on packing enough items for the honeymoon that if it calls for it on the wedding night i will not be short handed but i dont think so. I think i just want to get out of my dress and have him join me in the shower! 

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jun 15, 2008 9:27 AM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I wore a flannel gown and went to sleep.  To tired after the long day.  Plus, they only stay on long enough for him to see what it looks like and then poof like magic it is gone

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

DawnaCrystal Posts : 990 Registered: 4/7/08
Posted: Jun 15, 2008 11:41 AM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

HA! Everyone I know has been too tired after their day to even care what they had on. Half the women I know sisn't even want to get it on, they just wanted to sleep.
No lingerie here.I don't wear it on a normal basis and I know I will be way to tired to change into it. I am wearing a corset under my dress. That will be the most excitement he gets.LOL

lookoutthewindow Posts : 32 Registered: 5/22/08
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: futuremrsmason

I can't decide either. I think it would be really romantic for him to remove my wedding dress as well, although I guess a lot of people change into travelling clothes before the reception (in which case you could sneak your lingerie on underneath and he'll be in for a surprise). I don't know which would be more romantic.

Renee86 Posts : 159 Registered: 5/30/08
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 3:24 PM Go to message in response to: lookoutthewindow

So from what I'm reading, people don't wear their lingerie under their dress? They change into it? 

Is it too hot or something? 

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

MrsMaryAnn Posts : 12 Registered: 12/15/07
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I know it will probably be more comfortable to forgo the lingerie but I'm a hopeless romantic and I want my wedding night to be just as exciting as the wedding. So with that said I'll be looking for something comfy but more importantly, something my FH will like. 
"All you need is Love"

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 5:55 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMaryAnn

I was thinking about lingerie, or at least a pretty nightgown. So, what did I pick out to try on? A God awful teddy. It went on like a bathing suit - I had to step into it. It had little ruffles around the legs and backside. To top it off, either I'm too long or the garment was too short in the torso. I thought about pulling it up, but if I had done that, the crotch of the garment was never coming back. I was laughing so hard in the dressing room, it was awful! It would have been really nice if it was a normal night gown instead of a teddy with a panty in it...

I'm going to keep looking. But I'll stick with a night gown/slip.

April 4, 2009 is the big day!

Montereybride08 Posts : 494 Registered: 1/25/08
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 7:08 PM Go to message in response to: kroberts

LOL- that's pretty funny kroberts. I have a really long torso too, so I can't do any one peice things.

My dress has a built in bra and corset, so I am just wearing some sexy panties under it (as long as they don't show through!). I am not sure if I will change into lingerie that night, or if I will just save it for the honeymoon....

October 18th, here we come!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine