How long are you/did you wait?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 59

sk127 Posts : 325 Registered: 5/13/08
Re: How long are you/did you wait?
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 6:09 PM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

well..got engaged april of this yr...original plan was to get married next december..then after a ton of talks..were going to go ahead and just go ahead and do it this yr..september 7th..that date is set in stone since its costin my mom a fortune to come down..ao yay less then 3 months away

live life to the fullest for the future is scarse

Montereybride08 Posts : 494 Registered: 1/25/08
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 6:39 PM Go to message in response to: sk127

We got engaged December 17, 2007 and will be getting married October 18, 2008. So that is almost eactly 10 months. I did not start planning at all until February though, and was originally thinking we would get married in May 09. FH did not want to wait that long, and was actually thinking July or August 08. So we compromised. We were together six years before we got engaged though, and both prefer the idea of a short(er) engagement. A little stressful planning a 200 person wedding in 8 months, but totally do-able!

October 18th, here we come!

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 6:49 PM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

exactly 364 days
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Married 4/21/08 at Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort

Slideshow of our wedding photos: 

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/tobiandbrian/Wedding%20Photos/?action=view¤t=cb216606.pbr

SDIwifey1207 Posts : 346 Registered: 7/9/07
Re: How long are you did you wait?
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 8:04 PM Go to message in response to: CaribbeanBride08

LoL caribeean! Thats cool though! Almost 1 year to the day you guys got engaged! Did you plan that?

Tedsgirl- i started dating my DH, got engaged, and got married all in a 7 month period. Yup, its craziness at its fullest, but we're happy!

<3 I'm so in love with my hunni bunni <3

Dec 29 ,2007

Formerly MrsEichel1207

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 8:19 PM Go to message in response to: notjustaprettyf...

Well, Notjustanotherprettyface has the countdown spot on to our wedding day.  Hooray for 4/4/09!!  We got engaged 1/1/08 so that's just over 1 yr 3 months. 

Honestly, if he hadn't have wanted a spring wedding on the beach, it would have been sooner.  The countdown is KILLING ME. lol

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 8:26 PM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

We got engaged December 24th 2006 and will be married December 6th 2008 So just shy of two years

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Retired Posts : 808 Registered: 4/17/06
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 9:40 PM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

I'm feeling outcast.

We'll have been engaged for almost three years. Probably about two and a half.

We've actually spent that time TRYING to get married. First time around, we had no money and we wanted a wedding. We KNOW weddings don't make marriages, but we wanted a wedding, period. It was what felt right for us.

Second time around, we got hit with a personal tragedy and put things on hold.

So third time around is actually a charm.

BreAnn Posts : 600 Registered: 11/28/07
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 9:40 PM Go to message in response to: SDIwifey1207

SDIwifey, you are the only one to beat me on this thread! We started dating on 07/07/07, got engaged on 11/16/07 and married on 3/22/08. We were engaged for a little over 4 months.

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 10:24 PM Go to message in response to: BreAnn

We got engaged August 5, 2007 getting married April 11 2009.  So just under two years.  We have been dating since March of 2003 so we will be together just over six years when we get married.  That looks so strange to see six years with him!
http://tac.families.com/ezb/1039358.png

Sollie Posts : 24 Registered: 4/4/08
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 10:38 PM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

We have been engaged for over a year. By the time we get married (May 9th, 2009), it would have been about 2 years and 2 months. And we would have been dating for over 2.5 years.

But we also got engaged young, so we both knew we wanted a long engagement. Laughing

"The sun warms everything, even while I am far away. Love me faithfully, and know that I am faithful."------Z. Randall Stroope

"You and I collide." ------Howie Day "Collide"

CathMary Posts : 303 Registered: 10/2/07
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 11:25 PM Go to message in response to: Sollie

engaged aug 20, 2007. It was out 6 month anniversary. If i wasnt in school we'd be married! wedding nov 8, 2009.. 2yrs 2 months. so long.. but a yr has almost gone by!

Photobucket

Losing Weight While Gaining Knowledge! 
Thats us, the Student Losers
 Wedding Date- November 8, 2009 (yay new date!)

Catherine

DawnaCrystal Posts : 990 Registered: 4/7/08
Posted: Jun 20, 2008 12:02 AM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

About four weeks (I told him I had to hurry for fear he would change his mond!

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Posted: Jun 20, 2008 12:16 AM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

We were engaged about 2 years.  It was perfect because I was planning the wedding AND going back to school to I needed a bit more time.  

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: Jun 20, 2008 1:06 AM Go to message in response to: futuremrsperry

6 months. Prior to getting engaged we were together for about a year. But I'm 36, I'd kissed a lot of frogs and it was about damn time for my Prince Charming to come along (and for me to recognize him)!

AutumnBride2010 Posts : 22 Registered: 6/4/08
Posted: Jun 20, 2008 2:16 AM Go to message in response to: Knoxvegas

We have been been together 3 years and engaged for a year and a half, but we arent getting married until October 2010. So in total, it will be a 4 year engagement, 5 1/2 year relationship. At first we decided not to get married until we saved enough money, but then things started getting in the way and life started happening... that kept putting off the date. Truth be told, we never really made a wedding date until we booked the reception hall just last month. The only reason our wedding is so far ahead is because we want to finish our college classes and get other things taken care of first. Having a long engagement has allowed us to plan our wedding without getting too stressed when life happens to us. We've had a couple of financial situations come up that would have totally ruined some wedding plans if we had not had so long to prepare. Do I like, waiting so long? Not always. Am I thankful that we have had the room to plan without worrying? Every day. I just know that we ARE getting married no matter what, and when the big day actually comes along, it will be totally worth the wait.

Here comes the bride~ 10/09/2010

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine