June 2008 Brides

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,872

MrsBrock2008 Posts : 101 Registered: 10/9/06
Re: June 2008 Brides
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 8:26 AM Go to message in response to: SCbride

Question??? My FH just decided he wants to become involve with the wedding, before it was "whatever you want" now its what are WE doing about this and that. Why is that, I tell you he's getting on my nerves.  I feel you on the music, that was and is his only task and we still don't have a first dance song.

Have my first shower tonight and two tomorrow, talking about being out of it Sunday. Sunday night is the family dinner. 

Good luck and best wishes to this weekend brides.

C James Laughing

08jada08 Posts : 165 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 9:04 AM Go to message in response to: SCbride

Good morning ladies,

STBMrsRay- I am so sorry to here about your bm that must be very sad for you, I'm sure she will be with you in her heart.

Well tomorrow is the BIG DAY I haven't been nervous this whole time and now my stomach won't stop with the butterflies, I could barley sleep last night so I can imagine what tonight is going to be like.  We went and picked up my dress and the tuxes yesterday me and my moh hung them side by side and they look beautiful together.  I'm going to go get a pedicure this morning and then hopefully I can relax a little before the RD tonight.

Well have a great day ladies! 

a xhref="http://www.TickerFactory.com/" mce_href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 12:00 PM Go to message in response to: 08jada08

CONGRATS TO ALL THE 6/14 BRIDES!!!!! Everybody better come back with pictures!

I'm so sorry about your friend! I'll keep her and the baby in my thoughts! Just know she wants to be there for you.

Alright 6/21 twins... we go through one more weekend as single ladies!!!

P.S. Crisis adverted. We now have the music together. Now just gotta burn them to on a CD.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

R&R: June 21, 2008

SCbride Posts : 95 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 8:26 AM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

Congrats to all you brides getting married today! Yeah!! Only one more week for us June 21st brides! I can't believe that it is almost here.

Thanks Beauti and Jada, I know my friend will be there in spirit!

I am starting to freak out a little because the gifts I ordered for the wedding party have not come yet. I called the company the other day just to find out that my order was on hold because one of the items was on backorder. I asked why I had not been told that when I placed the order or why no one had contacted me. She said that I should have been called about it she did not know why I was not contacted. So she took that item off and said the order would ship that day. So I said ok, well I had never gotten anything saying that my order had shipped so I went online yesterday and it still says my order is on hold! What the hell???? I am leaving to go home on MONDAY! I am going to try and call them today and see if they can ship it ASAP and have it sent to my mom and dads house instead of mine. So frustrating!!!!!!

davesbride621 Posts : 35 Registered: 12/13/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 8:54 AM Go to message in response to: SCbride

Goodness MrsRay, I hope that they gift come in on time.  I have bought all my bridesmaids their jewelry.  My cousin/BM called and said that she will be wearing my grandmother's jewelry to make her happy.  I understand, but I wanted them to all the same and I feel like my gift is useless.  At this point, I don't care.  My bachelorette party is tonight.  I am so excited, except it is supposed to rain all day...boo!!  I'm finished working as of this past Wed., but I have been soooo busy.  I can't wait until next weekend.  Anyway, I gotta get to the gym.  Good luck to any ladies getting married today, and in case I am not back in here before the big day, Good luck to all other June brides.

What good is a life, with no one to share,
the light of the moon, the honor of a swear. - Gavin DeGraw

On June 21, 2008, I will marry my best friend!!

FutureMrsRLee Posts : 64 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 1:23 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

6/21 -  Exactly one week ladies!!!!  Congrats to all that have already had their weddings and to the ones getting married today......relax, and try to soak up every moment, b/c it will go by fast.  That is what everyone has been telling me, lol. 

Beauti-I can totally relate to what you're going through with your FH.  My FH and I have been arguing about music since day 1 and for some reason that is what I have been struggling with every since we got engaged: the music selections.  Its such a pain and this is supposed to be fun!

Well, tonight is my bachlorette party and I slept in really late today, so I could be rested up for the night.  Now I am going over all the last minute that need to be done before next weekend.  I just really hope my new employer lets me have off both Thursday and Friday.  I was planning to get my nails and pedicure done on Thursday and Friday, just hopefully relaxing. 

www.mywedding.com/laraandlee

MelissaJuneBrid... Posts : 698 Registered: 3/13/07
Posted: Jun 15, 2008 6:20 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsRLee

Congrats to all the girls who got married yesterday! How exciting!

So I figured out the whole night before thing. I think I'm gonna drink a glass of wine and watch Father of the Bride with my sister! The movie was her idea. Usually we fall asleep while watching it so hopefully it works!

My week is gonna be super busy. (I know that is probably repeating myself but I have to lol...nobody else wants to hear about it lol. So tomorrow I get my hair colored, Tuesday is my last work day for the week, Wednesday I meet with the photographer, Thursday I get my nails done and a pedicure and then Friday of course is the rehearsal, the dinner, decorating and of course trying to sleep. Then we all know how crazy Saturday will be! Oh and p.s. I LOVE how my hair is gonna be done! Super happy about that.

Well girls, I'm off! I'll probably talk to you all later!!! Have a good evening!

MelissaSmile

deltagirl Posts : 516 Registered: 12/30/06
Posted: Jun 15, 2008 11:42 PM Go to message in response to: MelissaJuneBrid...

Hey June 21st Brides!!!! -

Your big day is this week!

I truly wish everyone the best. and hope everyones's day is amazing.

I've been super busy ( like everyone else).

On top of last minute wedding things, I started my fertility treatments. I am super excited. If everything goes right we may have a honeymoon baby!!!! ( don't forget I'm 37 and do not have time to waitLaughing

I plan on seeing ALOT of pictures later.

You guys were a SUPREB support group!

Love and Wishes -

Trina

www.brides.com/weddingwebsite/trinaandron2008

SCbride Posts : 95 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 9:47 AM Go to message in response to: deltagirl

I can't believe we get married this week!!! YEAH! I was so excited last night that I could not sleep. I can't imagine what I will be like on Friday night! I am leaving today to go to my mom and dads. I will be there for the week doing stuff with my mom and sister and getting ready for the wedding. I am not sure if I will be back on here so I wanted to say bye and congrats to everyone! I can't wait to see all your pictures!

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Jun 16, 2008 2:36 PM Go to message in response to: SCbride

I can't get over that I can FINALLY say "I'm getting married Saturday" I think wednesday, i'm going to go in at 10 instead of 8 to get a couple more hours of shut eye.

Lunch hour is over... i'll chat with you all later!

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

R&R: June 21, 2008

Posted: Jun 16, 2008 11:15 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

I have got to say, that I wish I was lucky at the rest of you having the week off!  I will be lucky to take a half day on Thursday.  Why did I decide to take a new job before my wedding???? UGH!  Actually, my new employer is being pretty cool about it......normally they don't allow you to take leave the 1st year of training (that's the downside of working for the government).  But, I am getting to, b/c of the wedding.  

We finished up wrapping all the BM and GM gifts tonight and thank god, my mom has the seating chart squared away.  

Question for all you...........what are you putting in your bag for the BIG DAY?  Like what should I put in the "bridal emergency kit?" 

Gregslizzy Posts : 197 Registered: 6/11/07
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 1:46 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsRLee

Hey girls,

Good luck to the ladies getting married this saturday. I will be back to post photos or at least a link to the few my photographer will have on his website.

Honeymoon was overall good but got too hot during the last days we were there.

The photographer set up a laptop with a few pictures taken at the ceremony and ones taken of us outside the mission for our guests to see so that was nice.

A lot of our guests came up to us and told us that the wedding was really nice, that the little details that I spent so much time on, were pretty cool  and special so that felt nice.

Anyway, I'll come back with details when all of the other girls start with their stories.

Take care and enjoy your day!!

06-07-08 bride!

MelissaJuneBrid... Posts : 698 Registered: 3/13/07
Posted: Jun 17, 2008 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: Gregslizzy

Hmm...emergency kit. I guess I'll probably put in things like lotion, cover-up, thread, tampons (just in case), advil, water, lipgloss...those such things. Just little things I may need!

Oh my gosh, I am so pumped it is my last day of work for the week, I'm on my break right now and cannot wait until 5:00 gets here. I haven't been able to sleep all week and I'm officially going nuts! AHHH!

So, I'm gonna get going b/c I have stuff I have to get done, but I'll talk to you girls later and if some of you don't get on before the wedding, I hope all goes well!!!

June 21sts....we get married SATURDAY!!!

MelissaSmile

08jada08 Posts : 165 Registered: 12/30/07
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 9:15 AM Go to message in response to: MelissaJuneBrid...

Good luck to all of you June 28 brides!  

I am finally married!  Our day was absolutely beautiful, every thing went so smooth and the weather was nice also, I was afraid it was going to be to hot with my hair half up but it wasn't.  The only thing that was a bummer was when you hear people say "enjoy it because before you know it it's over" well they are right it flew by it felt like I was walking down the aisle and then I was sitting on my husbands lap and finishing our last glass of wine around 12:00 a.m. and everybody was gone.  But seriously I could not have asked for a more beautiful, perfect day, I will post pictures when I get some back.  

a xhref="http://www.TickerFactory.com/" mce_href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/">

Posted: Jun 19, 2008 7:30 PM Go to message in response to: 08jada08

Hey ladies!  This is my last post as a single woman, b/c tomorrow is our rehearsal dinners and after that we'll be married!  I can't believe its finally here and all this hard work will be condensed into about 6 hours!  Weird, huh?  Today has been busy with beauty prep, tanning, nails, pedicure, etc.  

Congrats to everyone! 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine