Wedding date: 07/26/08 Still need to lose some!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 3
Wedding date: 07/26/08 Still need to lose some!
Posted: May 20, 2008 6:58 PM

So get this. I am 6ft, 324 pounds. No, I am NOT morbidly obese, even if the BMI does say it. YES I am overweight. A good deal, I'll admit. But a lot of the weight is muscle from Colorguard and, well, sex. I would consider myself a bit on the kinky side, so positions tend to get a little crazy with my FH. So I have a good deal of muscle. I am a size 26, and I need to get down to a size 22 preferably, although a size 24 would be nice. I already have the wedding dress, and during the fitting process, I popped a seam.

Mind you, however, the dress was previously owned, and according to my seamstress, the previous seamstress did a bad job. It let us know that we had an inch to let out on both sides, but I don't care, I don't want to depend on extra inches.

Now. Here's my objective.

I don't care about the weight coming back AFTER the wedding. That's fine. I'll work it off gradually after the wedding. But I need to lose it drastically in the next two months.

Stress is also an issue, as I am trying to do my whole wedding on 2 grand or less. So far I'm doing quite well. But as money is an issue, joining a health club or doing some other form of costly weight loss is not an option.

So help?

MrsMaryAnn Posts : 12 Registered: 12/15/07
Re: Wedding date: 07/26/08 Still need to lose some!
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 11:27 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

If
"All you need is Love"

MrsMaryAnn Posts : 12 Registered: 12/15/07
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 11:28 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm sure you will look beautiful on your wedding day no matter what. With that in mind you shouldn't starve yourself silly trying to lose a ton of weight in a small amount of time. Since you already have a good deal of muscle build on that. Going swimming at a community pool is a great inexpensive workout. Or jogging. Exercise will combat the stress and help you tone up. 
"All you need is Love"

tbridetobe Posts : 1 Registered: 7/21/08
Posted: Jul 23, 2008 1:50 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I see your wedding date is just in a few days, but I just joined this board so I didn't get to post earlier.  But, if you are still looking for some inexpensive exercises to do without having to join a gym or anything (maybe for after the wedding), I would do the old stand-by of walking.  If you're like me and don't like to walk outside when it's hot but also don't like to wake up early before it gets hot (LOL), then try looking for some indoor walking areas in your community.  Check with the school or college near you and they will likely have an indoor walking track.  A college may require you to be a student, but I used to go to one by where I used to live and no one was ever there to check a student ID or anything so I'd just walk right in.  It's worth trying, and if you get turned away just look for somewhere else.  If you have a large church near you, they may have an indoor gym or something that you could walk laps around.  Jogging is also great, but if you are not up to that yet then just brisk walking is a fine workout.  :)

In this weather, swimming is also a good option.  If you swim outdoors, you can work on your tan while working out -- can't beat that!  It might be difficult in a neighborhood pool to swim laps if other people are around, but if you have a community center near you they will often set apart lanes for swimming laps and you will have to pay nothing or next to nothing to get in.  Again, a school or college might do this, too.

You could also look into purchasing some workout tapes on eBay or something for a low price.  Try reading some reviews of them on Amazon or another site to see if people like them, then look for them at a discounted rate.

Most of all, good luck with your wedding and congratulations!!  I hope you have achieved some of your goals and will continue to work hard afterwards.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine