The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 1,247 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 1,599

RMB0414 Posts : 1,386 Registered: 8/2/06
Re: Update ~ pregnancy not happening
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

I agree we are flying through diapers and wipes and vasoline but that's only because he was circumsized so we have to put a big old glob of it on a gauze pad to cover his little cut.  Ohh momma almost cried when they took him to do it!!!  But today is the last day we have to do it and it is healing pretty nicely (o: 

Kelley - the mittens are for scratching (o:  This little guy loves loves loves his hands in his face, every time I free him from them up they go.  He squeezes his own cheeks lol and scratches away! I filed them down, but still don't trust them.

I just have one thing to say about the newborn sized clothes, EVERYONE told me not to get any that size so I only got like 2 things.  We just had to go out and buy a few things for him because his 0-3 months are huge on him, especially the bottom half.  The bottoms hang off of him.  And he is over 8lbs and 22 inches long!!  I know they won't fit for long, but we def didn't have enough clothes in that size. 

Alright I'm off to take care of my little one - he is sleeping in his car seat haha and doesn't like that he can't stretch out (o:

Janice - I LOVEEEEEEE that pattern you picked out.  It is SO pretty.  I can't wait to see the finished product!!!  I'm so happy that you and Jon can feel Faith moving around too.  It's so crazy once that feeling is gone.  I kind of miss it, even though I love having him with me instead (o:  The first night I had him, we kept him in the nursery and I started rubbing my belly and talking to it LOL LOL LOL.  I was like oh yeah hahahaha he's not in there anymore (o: 

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 1:59 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

That's what I mean just a couple of things in each size, what fits this week won't fit in about two weeks.    My oldest daughter was 8lbs 4 1/2 oz at birth.  She wore her three newborn outfits twice and then they were too small.  Because she was born in the fall she needed to have more clothes.  My other daughter who was born in July only wore clothes when we went out.  For the most part she was in diapers and tee-shirts they didn't have onesies then.  With my son who was born in February he wore onesies and diapers when we were at home it is just too hot in the summer for a lot of clothes.  I wish I could just wear a tee shirt and undies on a hot day.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

March32007 Posts : 118 Registered: 5/10/06
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: kennysoldwife

Dr. Browns bottles are my faves.  I use the glass ones, they are so easy to warm up, and they stay warm longer than the plastic does.  I breastfeed, but my hubby bottlefeeds her occasionally.

The halo sleepsacks are wonderful too.  i also use a hotsling www.hotslings.com, cause baby girl loves being carried, and this way i can get some work done too.  They have some cute patterns, and baby loves it.  Cures crying instantly.

I love that fabric pattern too!  It's pretty, and kind of vintage looking too!

As for wipes, we don't use any.  We just use cotton balls in water.  I figure I don't know any adults who take care of their booty with all kinds of chemical ingredients, so why shold I put them on my baby.  Plus cotton balls are cheaper, you get like 200-300 for about 2.50, you only get like 100 wipes for the same price...

nicolesybrant Posts : 1,359 Registered: 10/4/06
Posted: Jun 15, 2008 1:19 PM Go to message in response to: March32007

Hey ladies!

Rena, Your little guy is adorable... he sounds like Haley, she already holds her head up and in all my books it says they dont do that till month 2!  Maybe they can go to Harvard together someday! Lol Hre is the cutest little guy!  I am so sorry tohear about all the complications but like you said its all over and he's here!!

Janice, I love LOVE your fabric!  We ended up doing the same thing... Haley's room is all light pinks, tans, and ivory... I just couldn't find a set of bedding that I really liked but her stuff turned out adorable and very unique.  I love my boppy pillow, use it about 10 times a day :)  I second what Rena said about clothes, I bought lots of all the sizes except newborn and everything was HUGE on her.  Register for all sizes starting at 3 months, you will inevitably get a few newborn things and then you can get the rest.  I would also recommend a baby medical kit... we got our on the target regitry and its come in handy for the brush and nail clippers and im sure the other stuff will be SO useful down the road.  I also love our Halo Sleepsack, we got the one with the swaddler built in, makes night time changings easier and then you dont have to worry about swaddling with a blanket.  As I think of things I will let you know!

My little Haley is doing well she was 3 weeks this past friday and on her 2 week check up she had grown an inch and was up about 12 ounces from her birthweight... I feel like she wants to eat all the time and I am so sore but I really enjoy spending that time with her.  The last few nights she has been up with bad gas in her tummy so I haven't slept much but that's okay.  She is lifting her head and rolling over too!  We were so excited to see her progressing so well... she also has a little attitude (she gets that from her mommy, i think)  When she's playing on her play mat and you tickle her toes a little she spits the pacifier at you and makes this MEH! sound, like shes telling you to knock it off!  It's really funny and cute.  I don't know how cute it will be in a couple years but for now... lol

Well take care everyone!

:)

Nicole, wife to Aaron

...and then there came one more :)

Nicole and Aaron

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 15, 2008 1:27 PM Go to message in response to: nicolesybrant

Nicole..just think soon she will be a TEENAGER and the MEH will be replaced by "WhatEEVERRR!!!" or a rolling of the eyes LOL. Sorry. I know thats mean of me to bring up the dreaded female teen years ... I guess what Im saying is; enjoy every moment!!! lol.

Thanks for the info about the baby mittens. It makes sense now. I just have honestly NEVER seen that before, and I have a lot of neices and nephews etc. Never saw them with mittens on lol.

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 2:02 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Message was edited by: nicolesybrant

Posted: Jun 15, 2008 2:02 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley... Oh I know... *SHIVER*  lol

Some Haley pictures...

Photobucket

Ms. Attitude...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Nicole, wife to Aaron

...and then there came one more :)

Nicole and Aaron

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 15, 2008 2:52 PM Go to message in response to: nicolesybrant

Ohmy..that first pic of the 3 of you is beyond cuuuuute!!!! I love it. You all look so adorable and just a cute family!!! Awww.....

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

MrsTaraschi Posts : 190 Registered: 10/11/07
Posted: Jun 18, 2008 9:28 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

hi Ladies

I'm not a new mommy, my babies are 12 and 10 now but I love following all your stories and seeing your precious bundles...congratulations to you all!

I became an Aunt for the first time yesterday, my sister had her first baby....a girl..Mehlayia Michele 6lbs, 9oz, 20 inches long.  Shes just beautiful!  I was in the room with my sister as she suffered thru 12 hours of back labor and then ended at 3:20 pm with an emergency c-section.  The babys heart rate dropped dangerously low and she was born with the cord around her neck.  Mom and baby are recovering well and i cant wait to go back to the hospital tomm to visit!  I'm going to take a few days off work next week to help her with the baby as she recovers.

Here are a few pictures:

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/mrstaraschi/0617081541.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/mrstaraschi/0617081825.jpg

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm190/mrstaraschi/0617081844.jpg

Message was edited by: Soon2BMrsTaraschi

RDWM Posts : 1,354 Registered: 9/27/06
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 1:49 AM Go to message in response to: MrsTaraschi

another not new mommy here. My daughter is 20 and her 25 year old bf has 2 girls, age 2 and 3. My daughter loves the girls like her own and I am expecting that they will become her step daughters in a year or two. My son is 19 and his gf will be 18 next month. Neither of them have jobs and she is pregnant. I am going to be a grandma. My son had best grow up fast. They are trying to decide if they want to get married before she is showing or after the baby is born. Since I have not a lot of choice here I have decided to be thrilled. Ready or not I am going to have a wonderful new grandbaby. Crazy huh? I am only 43 and do not think that's old enough to be a grandma. How old are your moms? Please, I really need to know. 

Love ya, 

Danille

Groovy Chicks rule !

Obama for president.

2BBauer Posts : 478 Registered: 12/15/07
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 2:50 AM Go to message in response to: RDWM

Hippiehousewife- I am not a mama, just a lurker!  But if it makes you feel better my mom became a Grandma at 37.  My sister was 17 when she gave birth to her oldest son.

Side story that doesn't have to do with being a grandma but I think can be inspirational to expecting mothers-  As I said my sister was 17 when she gave birth, her water broke at 24 weeks and she was rushed to the hospital.  They managed to stop her labor but had to keep her hospitalezed to reduce the risk of infection to the baby without the protection of the water sac.  She ended up delievering via emergency c-section at 26 weeks.  My nephew was born weighing 1 pound 11 ounces, you could hold him in the palm of your hand and his diapers were smaller then some maxi pads I've seen.  We had to buy doll clothes for him as even the pre-me clothes were too big!!  He stayed in the NICU as his lungs were grossly underdeveloped and he had a hole in his heart.  THe hole was treated through medication, and thankfully did not require surgery.  He did have surgery for a hernia he was also born with.  He was on a ventilator to help him breath, he had to wear an eye mask to protect his sensitive eyes, he had iv's in his forehead as that was the location of his biggest/best accessed vein, and we had to tube feed him through his nose.  He eventually came home around his original due date although he was still incredibly tiny and had to wear an apnea monitor constiantly to alert us in case his heart stopped or he stopped breathing.  He then went through several different types of therapy for his first year.

Anyway-the happy part- today, June 21st, we are celebrating his tenth birthday!!!  He is a completely healthy, happy boy and has never had any issues due to his prematurity. 

Sorry, I hope I didn't scare anyone, I just think it is incredible what the human body can indure and although he is not the norm of a baby born at that stage of pregnancy it is a good story to help keep hope in your heart if ever you are worried about your beautiful babies, MIRACLES DO HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!

The first day of my happily ever after is 9-13-2008!!

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 10:56 AM Go to message in response to: RDWM

Danille, I don't think you are too young to be a grandmother!  My mom will be 52, but then again, I am 28...  

My parents have friends who were grandparents in their early 40's and loved it.  They said it was great to be young grandparents.  You have more energy for them!  

So does this mean your son isn't moving down to LA anymore?

-Janice 

It's a girl! Little Faith Ann is due October 17, 2008!

RMB0414 Posts : 1,386 Registered: 8/2/06
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 11:01 AM Go to message in response to: RDWM

Danille - congrats!!  I know you wanted to be a grandmom, maybe not this soon but everything happens for a reason (o:

I can tell you that my mom became a grandmother at 41 with my nephew.  My brother who was 23 got his 16 year old girlfriend pregnant.  We were all shocked, as they were only together a couple of months.  I hadn't even met her yet!  My brother was always in trouble (always getting arrested, spent time in jail, kicked out of our house, as well as my dads - had to live with friends, etc) but once she got pregnant his life changed.  They moved in together, and although she did drop out of highschool to take care of the baby - everything worked out.

She went back to school, and is now a liscensed cosmetologist (spelling?!) and works in a salon.  They got married when Ant was 2, and had a great wedding and reception.  They will be married 4 years this October and are now expecting their second child at the end of July. 

I know my mom was the same way about being too young and thinking he better get his act together - and he did.  My mom lives for my nephew, he is now going into the first grade. 

So that's my story (o:  Congratulations!!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

RDWM Posts : 1,354 Registered: 9/27/06
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 4:00 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Yes, Janice, this means that Jake isn't moving to LA. He will be right here for Candace. He does plan on going into the Air Force after the baby is born so he can support his family in the best possible way with just a high school diploma. 

Thanks Rena, It will work out and I am a little excited. Even though I did want my grandchildren to be born into a little more stability it is what it is and here he or she comes!

Have a great weekend ladies! 

Danille

Groovy Chicks rule !

Obama for president.

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jun 21, 2008 11:30 PM Go to message in response to: RDWM

Danielle, You are going to be  an awsome "hip" grandma!  Congrats to your family.

Linny-SwannaWILL chop up the competition.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine