The prego, new mommies, trying, or just curious thread!!

Online Users: 1,353 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 1,599

JaniceO Posts : 980 Registered: 12/5/06
Re: Update ~ pregnancy not happening
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 4:58 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDupont

Hey MrsD, I am around.  I have been trying to figure out my registry lately for my baby showers.   So many options!!  Have you decided on bedding yet?  My mom and I decided to make a crib skirt and valance and then just buy plain sheets, bumpers and blankets to coordinate.  That should save us some money and make for a unique room.  I have had a horrible time finding girl bedding that I love.

-Janice 

It's a girl! Little Faith Ann is due October 17, 2008!
Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 9:39 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Awww, Joey is such a cutie, congrats to you and your family.  Enjoy every moment with him!

Linny-SwannaWILL chop up the competition.

MrsDupont Posts : 1,574 Registered: 4/14/06
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 10:38 AM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

You are due 3 days after me!  My Ultrasound lady said that my EDD is Oct 12 but my Doc says Oct 14... so.. whatever!

But yes I found it on Ebay... SOOO CHEAP and BRAND NEW! The only thing I didnt get was the Mobile and the Lamp Shade!  But Target has Baby girl Chandelers lol so we are going to buy those instead!

But I totally understand what you mean about not finding bedding that you like... I dont want to pink or to  to Girly! 

I like something cute and simple!  I purchased this set but i'll put another set on the registery! You can never have enough sheets!

Daisypath Anniversary Years PicDaisypath Anniversary Years Ticker Lilypie Expecting a baby Ticker

alyssa Posts : 239 Registered: 11/20/06
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: MrsDupont

i'm here, i've been around, lurking. i guess no better time than now to say congrats to all the expecting and new mommies. i'm a little envious, and looking forward to starting our own family soon. wishing you all good luck and lots of sleep.

RMB0414 Posts : 1,386 Registered: 8/2/06
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 4:57 PM Go to message in response to: alyssa

mrsdupont - that set is really cute! 

we've settled into our new life as a family of 3 pretty nicely.  it's been 8 days since joey's arrival and i fall more in love with him every day.  i can't believe he is mine.  well ours haha.  he is so funny, joe and i can't help but laugh at him when he cries.  his personality is already showing, and it's hilarious.  he gets this crazy mad cry when he's hungry and this so sad, lip quivering cry when he's really upset... he spit up the other day and it came out his nose (poor baby!!) and he was SOOO sad!!!! 

it's amazing how he knows his mommy.  he can be crying and crying and the minute i get him, he stops and snuggles up.  he gives me a little "ah" when i talk to him.  when someone else is holding him and i start talking, he immediately looks at me.  awww i love it!!  it is amazing!! 

he had his 1 week checkup today.  he was 8lbs 4.8ozs at birth, on monday he was 8lbs, and today he was 8lbs 4ozs.  so he's doing great.  the doctor put him on his tummy and he lifted his head (he's been doing that since the first day a lot!!) and then rolled over.  she almost died!  she gave it an "oh my what a strong little boy!!" lol.  our little toddler who's only 8 days old hahaha. 

the nurse at the hopsital said to make sure he doesn't go past 4 hrs without feeding, so we've been waking him up.  his pedi today said no way let him sleep - he'll let us know when he's hungry.  right now he's going on 5.5 hrs since eating, and he's sleeping like a baby!  i hope this happens tonight!!

i'm doing good, my incision is doing great.  i haven't taken any type of pain med since monday night.  i had my cousin who is a nurse in maternity come check it out today because joe said it was pussing in 2 spots and she said it looks great and not to worry. 

i feel like it was forever ago that our whole traumatic week happened.  i still can't believe everything that happened and get frustrated when i think of everything.  but he is amazing and i would do it all over for him.  (o:

thanks for all congrats - our baby boy is pretty awesome.  i can't wait for all of you to have your little ones and experience this happiness. 

and nicole - hope everythings going great for you and haley!!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 5:58 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

RENA I just read yuour post and Im so happy for you and your new family. Little Joey sounds awesome. I love hearing about all the changes in your life and just the small stuff. I hope you wont stop coming onto the boards cuz I want the updates on life with Joey... heres a question; have you gone OUT yet? As in, out of the house since he was born? lol. Have you been home alone with him or is it you and hubby? Is he back at work? Sorry. lots of questions. Im glad you are doing so well... and Nicole, we would love to hear from you again too!

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 6:20 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Mrs. Dupont you set is so cute I love it. 

Rena, so nice to hear you guys are settling in.  Enjoy.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 6:54 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Hey Kelley - I have gone out (o:  Nothing too crazy hahaha but today I finally put on a cute outfit and did my hair and makeup!  We had errands to run after his doctors appt today, so we did those.  I have been home alone with him, but it hasn't been more than an hour.  Joe is off until the 26th which is great.  He has been helping out a lot seeing as I "can't lift anything but my own baby" according to the doctor/nurses.  They said if I do anything too strenuous that my incision could open up.  Eww!  I'm not supposed to for 6 weeks, but that is a bit absurd!  Right now Joey is sleeping on the couch next to his daddy.  How sweet.

Here are a few more pics of my little man - we're obsessed with taking pics lol!!

one of my favs-

DSC00455.jpg picture by rena127

pooping face-

DSC00464.jpg picture by rena127

wide awake-

DSC00468.jpg picture by rena127

DSC00469.jpg picture by rena127

feed me now! -

DSC00487.jpg picture by rena127

DSC00493.jpg picture by rena127

his old man outfit lol -

DSC00491.jpg picture by rena127

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 7:03 PM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

Oh my goodness, he's so cute!  And he is starting to lift his head and roll over?  Wow!  

So how well prepared for this adventure were you?  Did you have everything you needed so far?  Anything you thought you would need that has been useless?  Just curious... can you tell I am working on my registry still?

Have a great weekend!

Janice 

Posted: Jun 13, 2008 10:03 PM Go to message in response to: JaniceO

No kiding Janice - he is "super baby" - lol that's what we've been calling him!!  We can't get over how much and how long he lifts his head for.  We did more tummy time when we got home today and he did it three more times, the whole pushing his head up and rolling over.  On the fourth time, he just plopped down lol. 

The number 1 thing I have used so far is the pack n play; it's set up in our living room so I don't have to go upstairs everytime needs a new diaper or naps. 

My favorite thing for him to wear for nighttime is the gowns.  They are SO convienent; I love them and am going to get a couple of more this weekend.  They make it so much easier when changing that late night diaper.  Joe was funny before he was here he was like "my son isn't wearing a gown" - now he loves them too.  Also, lots of mittens and lots of burp clothes.  I didn't get any of either of these, and went out and bought a lot of both.  They get used over and over.  It's really the simple, easy things that we are using a lot of right now.   

His tummy time mat is pretty awesome, when he is on he kicks his little legs and arms and just stares at everything.  Right about now, he likes all of his goodies.  His bouncy/vibrating seat, his swing, his tummy time mat.  He's had enough after about 10 minutes though.  He's happiest just hanging out on his back, looking around for now. 

I'll let you know more as the days go on as well.  (o:  How are you feeling??

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 9:12 AM Go to message in response to: RMB0414

OK Rena excuse the dumb, not a mom question; but are those mittens on Joeys hands? In the one pic,looks like hes got lil oven mits on LOL They are adorable...Ive just never seen that on a baby before and was wondering If Id missed soemthing or just not noticed or if they served a purpose. Again, its prob a dumb question ... but Im kind of cluelesss lol. Hes soo cute though!Im surprised Joe hasnt started dressin him up in all the RedSox stuff yet and taken MANY pics of that to show off to the guys lol. Thats what my brother will do... I just know it.

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

totobride Posts : 641 Registered: 3/30/06
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 9:17 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley - you usually put mittens on babies because they tend to scratch themselves if you don't.  Please someone correct me if I'm wrong, but that's what all of my mommy friends and all of my relatives have told me when they did it.

March32007 Posts : 118 Registered: 5/10/06
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 11:50 AM Go to message in response to: totobride

I can't believe how time flies. My little girl is almost 5 weeks old.  We went for our month check up, and she is 11 lbs 4 oz, and 23 1/2 inches long already.  She is comfortably wearing 3 month clothes, so all those newborn size shower gifts didn't help us out too much!

The thing I can not live without is the boppy pillow (for those making the registry)!.  Make sure you get extra covers for it too, you never know when spit up is gonna happen!  Also, for those breastfeeding, the lansinoh disposable nuring pads are the best so far.  I have a lot of leakage, and these are the only ones that leaked through to the shirt yet.

Hope that helps someone out there on the registry creation

Posted: Jun 14, 2008 12:35 PM Go to message in response to: March32007

Thanks March!  Those are 2 items that a girl at work recommended too.  But its really nice to hear it from more than one person!  I am struggling right now to decide on bottles (brand and number needed per size).  I will breastfeed probably for a bit, but since I have to go back to work, I will be pumping and bottle feeding also.  Its a toss up right now between Dr Brown's glass bottles and the Playtex nursers with liners since both are BPA free. 

Little Faith has been wiggling up a storm lately.  Jon loves that he can put his hand on my belly sometimes and feel her moving around.  It really makes the whole pregnancy more real.  I love it! 

Oh oh oh!  I also bought the fabric for Faith's crib skirt and valance yesterday!   

My mom is going to help me make just a simple gathered crib skirt and valance.  This will be the main fabric and then we will have a strip of brown fabric along the bottom edge.  :)  The rest of the bedding will be solid colors, probably a mix of lilac, brown and cream.   

Hope all the mommies enjoying their babies!  And I hope all the mommies to be are doing well too! 

Take care!

Janice 

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 12:56 PM Go to message in response to: March32007

Janice and all other mommies to be my advice for your registry and for those that want to buy you gifts of to get baby clothes starting at the 3 months size and go from there.   Newborn clothes are so  cute but unless you have a 5 lb baby they will not have a chance to wear that size clothes for more than a couple of weeks. 

I would suggest a few outfits in each size.  Babies grow so fast if you have a lot of stuff in any one size they will never get a chance to use it. 

Janice and Mrs Dupont, since your babies will be born in October get a few light weight blankets too.  Onesies are really good to have too, they are useful on warm days.  Sometimes a bunch of clothes are just not practical.

The thing you will use more than anything is diapers and wipes.  People never have enough.  My gift for any shower is an assortment of diapers, wipes, baby lotion, and diaper cream.   Believe me those things will go faster than anything they are the most expensive items in your nursery and you will use them the longest.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine