Wedding Date Meanings-Just For Fun

Online Users: 1,247 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 45

tnichelle1485 Posts : 119 Registered: 2/28/08
Wedding Date Meanings-Just For Fun
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 8:44 PM

Hi Ladies!

FH and I had FINALLY decided on May 5, 2010 as our wedding date. After a long time of going back and forth, we landed at this one because we both thought it would be fun. We both wanted a meaningful date, but came up blank. However, today, I found out that June 12th is known as "Loving Day." This day marks the decision by the Supreme Court that made it illegal to restrict interracial couples in the United States.  Being an interracial couple, we decided that this would be the perfect date to have our wedding.

So, I am wondering if any other brides out there have meaningful wedding dates?? Share any and all:*)

We're getting married on "Loving Day!" June 12, 2010...I Marry My One & Only

Message was edited by: tnichelle1485

Message was edited by: tnichelle1485

RanAway2Maine Posts : 2,359 Registered: 1/27/08
Re: Wedding Date Meanings-Just For Fun
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 8:55 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

What a really cute idea for a thread!

FH and I chose July 19 (2008) because he asked me on July 17th (2007) and we thought a year would be sufficient time.

The beauty of the 17th of July (the day he proposed) is it is on my Mom's birthday and he had NO IDEA! I just lost my Mom (and Dad) in 2005 and, well to me, it was a wonderful sign! 

The 17th of July, 2008 falls on a Thursday but we wanted a Saturday so we chose the following Saturday, the 19th. 

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 11:28 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

We're both big sports fans.  He said to me.  All I want is a spring wedding.  Besides that, it's your day, Boo.  You pick the day and time.  So, we're getting married on 4/4/09 at 4 pm.  My fave sports people all wear the #4.  Brett Favre, Vinny Lecavalier, and Jean Beliveau.

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 12:23 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

June 20th is our FIRST dating anniversary (high school). We went our separate ways in college and got back together (after a 2 year split)  July 1, 2004. However we never considered that day in July our anniversary, always 6/20. He proposed June 20th last year and although it would've been MORE than cool to get married on 6/20 this year, it falls on a Friday and it conflicts with alot. So we are going with 6/21.

6/20 falls on a Saturday in 2009 but we just couldn't wait a whole 'nother year, lol!

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

R&R: June 21, 2008

Grewenig Posts : 18 Registered: 4/18/08
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 11:21 AM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

What a fun idea for a thread.

When we were talking about getting married, FH said he'd wait a year after my divorce was final but we soon realized that neither of us wanted to wait that long. I was married in the fall the first time and I thought this time I wanted a spring wedding and as soon as I looked at the calendar for 2009, I noticed that my grandmother's birthday was on a Saturday and thought it could have been a better sign to me that we HAD to be married that day.
Vicky
"I'd rather have thirty minutes of wonderful then a lifetime of nothing special"

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 1:28 PM Go to message in response to: Grewenig

The date we chose didnt hold any special meaning to us; it just happened by process of elimination. We wanted a Friday night wedding since Fridays are a bit less expensive at the venue we loved. I wanted a Christmas themed wedding; but NOT in the midst of winter. Didnt want to take any chances with snowstorms and lots of people traveling. My favorite time of the year is FALL and I HATE any kind of heat.. so we figured end of October would be PERFECT. For weather, for atmosphere, and for our theme...

They had October 13th and 27th available; but we didnt want to do the superstitious Friday the 13th Wedding... even though thats silly... so October 27th it was!

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

Habsfan1282 Posts : 146 Registered: 5/28/08
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

mushaboo: Beliveau good.  Lecavalier bad.

We're 1/11/09 people here.  Not a special date per se, just a perfect time of year.  It's not hunting season, It's not too hot, FH is not in school, and we have an excuse to go to Calgary for a hockey game each year. (We'd go multiple times anyway).

Message was edited by: Habsfan1282

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 1:42 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Our date has no special meaning.  We chose April 11 because we looked at the calendar and figured that all of our OOT people could have an extra travel day since it's Easter weekend.  I teach (for now) and I will be on Spring Break, so will my sister, cousins, his niece and nephew and everyone else.
http://tac.families.com/ezb/1039358.png

Retired Posts : 808 Registered: 4/17/06
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 1:51 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

Ours is July 9, 2008.

The reason? His birthday.

This whole thing started almost three years ago when he first proposed, asking if we could marry on his birthday. At first I said no, don't be silly, you don't want to get married on your birthday.

EVERY TIME the date was brought up... "But... I want it on my birthday...." I suggested our anniversary, New Year's Day, anything other than his birthday. Every date he came up with a downfall for:

"Our anniversary is in February... so every year when we want to do something for our anniversary, we'll have to skip school."
"New Year's Day will be packed no matter where we go."
"I don't like winter."
"At least my birthday is in July... summer when you aren't in school, and when it's nice to visit just about anywhere."

Finally, I realized that getting married on his birthday was more important to him than getting married any other day was to me.

Also, when people ask "why is it on a Wednesday?!" I now cite the old English folklore:

Monday for wealth
Tuesday for health
Wednesday, best day of all
Thursday for losses
Friday for crosses
Saturday, no luck at all

NO offense whatsoever to brides getting married on Saturday! We just say this because we're marrying on a Wednesday. :3

And as a note - NO, he didn't pick it so he'd remember it. H remembers our dating anniversary just fine.

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 2:00 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

Our date didn't have any significant meaning.  Being a destination wedding in the Caribbean, we just wanted to make sure it wasn't scheduled in the midst of hurricane season.  We originally planned on sometime in early May but ended up going for end of April.  We thought, when we booked, that we'd be able to have a Saturday or Sunday wedding but due to residency requirements and finding out that they didn't perform weddings on Sundays (after we already booked everything),  Monday was the winner by default! 

Just by happenstance, this turned out to be almost 1-yr to the day after he proposed.  He proposed on April 22nd, we married on April 21st.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Married 4/21/08 at Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort

Slideshow of our wedding photos: 

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/tobiandbrian/Wedding%20Photos/?action=view¤t=cb216606.pbr

Habsfan1282 Posts : 146 Registered: 5/28/08
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 2:34 PM Go to message in response to: Retired

Nocturnius:  What does Sunday mean?  We're getting married on a Sunday.

Love2u Posts : 1,661 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 3:11 PM Go to message in response to: Retired

We got engaged in September 2007.  In practical terms, we knew the earliest we could get married would be October 2008 because that's how long we thought it would take us to save enough $$ to pay for our wedding.

I wanted to get married as soon as possible, given us having enough money to pay for the wedding, which narrowed it down to October.

We live in Phoenix, Az, which still gets HOT during the days in October, so we wanted to hold it as late as possible in the month, without competing with Halloween.  Based on those conditions, I really wanted October 18, 2008 (10-18-08 or 101-808), which is also Sweetheart's Day.  However, my Priest didn't have that date available, so he chose our final date - Oct 11.

Love2uKiss

uno Posts : 619 Registered: 1/4/08
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

Ours kind of happened by default.  We wanted a spring/summer wedding.  I'm an accountant so I couldn't get married before April 15, then we have 1 month of property taxes until May 15.  DH didn't really want June so we settled on May.  I had several friends graduate or have finals for master/dr. programs so we wanted it after their school was out for the semester.  My sister graduated HS so we didn't want it that weekend.  It left May 17 or May 31 (which was memorial day weekend) so we picked May 17.

May 17, 2008 happened to be my grandparents 50th anniversary.  So it has special meaning to us and we didn't even do it on purpose!

Renee86 Posts : 159 Registered: 5/30/08
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 5:15 PM Go to message in response to: tnichelle1485

Ours is 10/13/10.

I chose the month of October because that is his birthday month. The 13th day because that is the day we started dating(another perk is that it's also my lucky number). We chose 2010 because we wanted to wait a bit til the wedding(focusing on our careers) and also just to have another 10 in there and make it more uniform lol. I'm kind of obsessive when it comes to numbers.Tongue out

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

Soon2bMrsL898 Posts : 64 Registered: 7/15/07
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 5:34 PM Go to message in response to: uno

Our date kind of just fell into place.. We always talked about getting married on the same date we started dating in high school which was 3/16/00, He proposed September 21 07, since we wanted to pay cash for our wedding we knew that 3/16/08 was too soon since we had closed on our house in July 07. So we opted for Sept.20 that would give us 1 year to save.. While as we statred planning we found out that in AR that was a very popular month and the places we really liked was book, then I notice that I would be in school during that time...so we stated to look for days before school stated, we ended up picking 08/09/08..and after we though about  Aug 2008 was perfect because we have been togerther 8 years. 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine