Walking down the aisle song

Online Users: 1,296 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 26

MrsA2B Posts : 30 Registered: 4/10/08
Walking down the aisle song
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 4:31 PM

Are you walking down the aisle to the traditional wedding march or a song?

I have a beautiful song in mind, but wondering if that's too non-tradtional.

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Re: Walking down the aisle song
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: MrsA2B

You can walk to whatever song you want to. I am entering using Etta James' "At Last" which I know is used a lot at weddings, but I don't care because it makes me feel like I am floating and I am almost 39 so when i met my husband it really did feel like "At Last". Choose what makes you and FH happy.

MandaMurphy Posts : 68 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 4:45 PM Go to message in response to: MrsA2B

hey brides!

You know, I was just sitting down watching tv then I started humming Canon in D by Pachelbel and immediately want that to be the song I walk down the aisle. My FH has always loved that too..

THEN...

every wedding captured on TV, anywhere I can imagine, everyone seems to be using Canon in D. I guess everybody knew it was "the" song not us.  Now I'm trying to come out with songs...

I was thinking of "book of love" by peter gabriel.. I love the tune, the only thing that doesnt really fit my wedding would probably be the phrase "i love it when you get me things".."you ought to give me wedding ring"... just sounds weird.

What do you think?

MrsA2B Posts : 30 Registered: 4/10/08
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 4:55 PM Go to message in response to: MrsA2B

Thanks!!  I'm thinking of "Golden" by Chrisette Michele.  I heard it one day and thought, "that the perfect song to walk down the aisle.  Then I told a friend and she was like, "it's so you to be non-traditional!"  so I got spooked...I'm already having a non-traditional DW, so I thought maybe I was going too far.

SocalGal Posts : 456 Registered: 6/3/06
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 5:28 PM Go to message in response to: MrsA2B

If you're already going non-traditional, then what does it matter if the song you walk in to is something different as well.  Your wedding should reflect you and your FH, not outdated traditions.  I say go for it!

True love never has a happy ending; true love never ends.

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: SocalGal

I agree with SocalGal. Go for it.

marty08 Posts : 1,110 Registered: 7/1/07
Posted: Apr 18, 2008 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: MrsA2B

I say go for it too!!  We used Enya for all ceremony.  Mine was "only time"...it was waaay cool!!

MrsChocoholic2010 Posts : 20 Registered: 1/24/08
Posted: May 22, 2008 3:15 PM Go to message in response to: MrsA2B

I might be using From this moment on by Shania Twain

It only takes a second to get lost in the moment- Heather Kemps

Time is a natural essance to the perfect wedding-Anne Mackewitcz

robyn1113 Posts : 182 Registered: 8/2/07
Posted: Jun 6, 2008 7:10 PM Go to message in response to: MrsA2B

We used an instrumental song called "Glasgow Love Theme" from the Love, Actually soundtrack. It's by Craig Armstrong and it's an absolutely beautiful song!

I finally AM Mrs. Garza! Laughing

When is my wedding

AutumnBride2010 Posts : 22 Registered: 6/4/08
Posted: Jun 6, 2008 10:44 PM Go to message in response to: MrsA2B

I want to walk down the aisle to "Think of me" from Phantom of the Opera! However, I think I want all my girls to walk down the aisle to that because its a short aisle and a longer song. SO pretty though :)

Here comes the bride~ 10/09/2010

notjustaprettyf... Posts : 41 Registered: 6/9/08
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 12:42 PM Go to message in response to: MrsA2B

I'm using Leslie Ludy's "Sunrise".  It's a 3 1/2 minute piano solo, so the entire bridal party is walking down during the song.  I'll walk down at the climax. 

LittleRoo Posts : 1,054 Registered: 2/17/07
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 1:27 PM Go to message in response to: notjustaprettyf...

We used Amazed by Lonestar--or at least the first verse (we had a really short aisle).  I just love the way it starts--"Every time our eyes meet, this feeling inside me, is almost more than I can take"  I just seemed perfect for us.

Who's that little couple just sittin' on my wedding cake?

Go Kelliza--cha cha cha...and JAZZ HANDS!!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: LittleRoo

I used Elvis Presleys "The Hawaian Wedding Song." It was perfect to walk down with my dad because hes a HUGE Elvis fan; plus the lyrics are all about walking down the aisle, saying your vows, and getting married. Its perfect...

"This is the moment Ive waited for. I can hear my heart singing. Soon bells will be ringing. This is the moment, of sweet aloha. Promise me that you will leave me never. I will love you always and forever. Now that we are one, clouds wont hide the sun. Blue skies on this , our Wedding Day. I do ... love you. with all my heart..."

Thats just someof it , but its perfect.

Use whatever feels natural and right for you.

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

BreAnn Posts : 600 Registered: 11/28/07
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 1:50 PM Go to message in response to: MrsA2B

I walked down the aisle to "My Little Girl" from the Flicka soundtrack. A friend of DH played piano and a friend of mine sang. It made everyone tear up, even at rehearsal!

We2Heart Posts : 452 Registered: 10/11/07
Posted: Jun 13, 2008 3:24 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley, I love Don Ho's version of that song. I have it on my iPod, but I had never thought of using it to walk down the aisle to.   Now that I think about it, it'd be absolutely beautiful.  May I copy?  I wonder if FH would go for it.  He's a butthead when it comes to music.  I finally got him with "And I Love Her" -The Beatles for our 1st dance.  He doesn't like the sappy love songs that I do :-P Luckily this one worked out for both of us.

**I love him like a fat kid loves cake**  Kiss

**It just hit me that in 3 months, I will become the Mrs. to my Mr.**

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine