What the heck goes on in a rehersal dinner

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

Wunderbride Posts : 41 Registered: 1/17/08
What the heck goes on in a rehersal dinner
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 5:52 PM

Ok I know this sounds like a stupid question but what do you do at a rehersal dinner?  Please help!

July 5, 2008 Laughing I'd rather die like Christ than live unholy.

MrsMcCain Posts : 580 Registered: 10/24/07
Re: What the heck goes on in a rehersal dinner
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 5:54 PM Go to message in response to: Wunderbride

It's just a friendly gathering after you rehearse the wedding. Sometimes someone will give a speech.... but it really is just a gathering with the people involved in your wedding before the big day!

marty08 Posts : 1,110 Registered: 7/1/07
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 5:58 PM Go to message in response to: Wunderbride

Ours was such a blast!!...and soooo beautiful!!  Everything was perfect!!..It was just wedding friends and family. It's also nice because if you have family or friends coming from out of town, you get a chance to visit with them...

Ours was outside at a B&B...nothing big..pizza salad, appetizers, tea...

ha ha...we didn't have a rehersal until the next morning!!

Love2u Posts : 1,661 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 6:11 PM Go to message in response to: Wunderbride

Wunder - in my family the RD is kind of the last chance to "relax" and socialize with family and friends before the big day.  Usually last minute details are hammered out (So MOM is picking up SIS at 9:00 am and BM is picking me up at 9:30.  BM will have the tuxes at the church at 1:00.  Photographer will start taking BP photos at 2:00.  We are meeting at the salon at 10:00 etc...).  It's also when the bridal party and parents' gifts are usually distributed (if applicable).  Finally, its (at least in theory) the last time the groom is going to see the bride before the wedding.

Love2uKiss

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 6:44 PM Go to message in response to: Wunderbride

The rehearsal Dinner can be anything really. It can be a Brunch, a dinner in a nice restaurant, a pizza party, a BBQ, or a chinese buffet. The actual "purpose" behind the Rehearsal Dinner is to THANK everyone who was involved in your wedding i.e. the Bridal party,parents,etc ... for all of their help. The rehearsal Dinner is where you would normally hand out any Gifts you bought for them; mayvbe you and FH make a short toast thanking your family and close friends, and just relaxing and enjoying the night before the wedding. Ours was inside the hotel everyone stayed at; in their Sports themed restaurant. It was a blast! You can do whatever you want though depending on style, budget,and preference.

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine