help me pick a dress!!

Online Users: 1,326 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 14

Hawaiianstarlet Posts : 11 Registered: 6/10/08
help me pick a dress!!
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 7:38 PM

I have my decision down to two dresses...very similar dress one: IMGhttp://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r264/hawaiianstarlet/dress1.jpg[/IMG] Has buttons up the back and a sweetheart neck line dress two:IMGhttp://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r264/hawaiianstarlet/dress2back.jpg[/IMG]

IMGhttp://i146.photobucket.com/albums/r264/hawaiianstarlet/dress2front.jpg[/IMG]

No sweet heart and a corset back...watchuthink? 

Destiny123 Posts : 519 Registered: 5/5/08
Re: help me pick a dress!!
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 7:55 PM Go to message in response to: Hawaiianstarlet

Personally, I like the first one better. But that could be because I LOVE sweetheart necklines on the right dress. And that's the right dress for one!!! I love it! The second one is gorgeous too, don't get me wrong. But the first is my personal fave.... Good luck!
MyHotComments.com
MyHotComments

MrsS2007 Posts : 30 Registered: 4/9/06
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 8:56 PM Go to message in response to: Hawaiianstarlet

Hmm, you're right they are very similar!  I think dress #1 really flatters your shape.  You look amazing in it!   Dress #2 might do the same if the bottom were a bit fuller.  But the back is very pretty!

My vote is for #1...but really it's whatever one you feel the best in!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Blog for the Brides - Ideas and inspiration for the savvy, stylish bride-to-be.

BathrobeBride.com - For Rochester brides.

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 9:02 PM Go to message in response to: MrsS2007

I really like number two! i love the train on it both dresses have the same cutt so there is no reason that the second one shouldn't give you that same figure as the first one. I just htink the second one wasn't the proper size.

But it is what you love the most, what you feel the most comfortable in. Your going to probably be wearing it for quite sometime

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

karma898 Posts : 69 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 10:50 PM Go to message in response to: Hawaiianstarlet

I really like Dress #2 the best, I think you look stunning in it!  Dress #1 looks nice too, but I really like the corset back and the hem of the second dress.  Good luck deciding!

karma898

robyn1113 Posts : 182 Registered: 8/2/07
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 10:49 AM Go to message in response to: Hawaiianstarlet

I'm probably biased towards sweetheart necklines, but #1 flatters your figure beautifully! I like the detail of the lace on the neckline and the chiffon on the hem. It gives it a very ethereal feel.

Good luck!

I finally AM Mrs. Garza! Laughing

When is my wedding

Hawaiianstarlet Posts : 11 Registered: 6/10/08
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 10:54 AM Go to message in response to: robyn1113

So here is the ironic thing, the first dress, was like 6  sizes too big.  They have it clipped in the back but the clips popped just before the picture was taken.  Dress 2 fit perfectly (minus the bust of course).  If I go with dress #1 I think I may have them put a corset back in instead of the buttons

Iheartweddings Posts : 645 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 11:36 AM Go to message in response to: Hawaiianstarlet

I LOVE dress #1... You're glowing in it! I personally like buttons a LOT more than a corset back because it feels more "bridal" to me, and if you had a great seamstress take it in to fit you perfectly, you wouldn't need a corset back. I think the corset back in #2 kind of takes away from the dress. That was the first thing my eye was drawn to, instead of you and the beautiful dress itself. Just my thoughts! :) 

When is my wedding
SmileSee our wedding slideshow at: http://josephmark.com/RyanandJennifer

Charlotte09 Posts : 1,021 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 12:46 PM Go to message in response to: Iheartweddings

Wow, they are both very pretty dresses! I think I would have to go for dress #1 though. I do like the back of #2 but I cannot see the front. I think I like #1 best because it looks like it fits you so well. Plus the all over lace is great!

Fitzer Posts : 643 Registered: 8/7/07
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 1:29 PM Go to message in response to: Hawaiianstarlet

I vote dress 1.  Dress 2 is pretty, but the straight neckline coupled with the seam/lace edge around the hips chops you up funny.  I think dress 1 flatters you more, giving you a really pretty hourglass shape.

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 1:29 PM Go to message in response to: Hawaiianstarlet

My vote is for #1. 

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Married 4/21/08 at Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort

Slideshow of our wedding photos: 

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/tobiandbrian/Wedding%20Photos/?action=view¤t=cb216606.pbr

Jen415 Posts : 255 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 3:53 PM Go to message in response to: Hawaiianstarlet

I agree with everything "Iheartweddings" said.  Dress #1!

May 24, 2008
Daisypath Ticker

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Posted: Jun 11, 2008 5:34 PM Go to message in response to: Jen415

I like dress #1.  You look fabulous in it!

I can't wait until my ladybugs kiss!! 

hellokitty4ever Posts : 740 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 10:48 PM Go to message in response to: Hawaiianstarlet

dress #1 looks so much better...it looks like you're really petite and that sweetheart neckline compliments your shape.  With a shape like yours, it is not necessary to go with a corset back...I agree with an earlier comment made by another bride...they do detract from your dress, so I would stick with the buttons... :)

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jun 12, 2008 11:06 PM Go to message in response to: hellokitty4ever

I'm with Robyn and Iheartweddings.....I love what they said about #1.  I was gonna post it myself.  They beat me to it.  The lace, the neckline, the slightly fuller skirt.....yep my fave!

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine