So it didn't happen....

Online Users: 1,354 guest(s), 3 user(s). Replies: 174

Elbelle77 Posts : 222 Registered: 1/24/08
Re: So it didn't happen....and then it DID!!!!
Posted: May 28, 2008 6:41 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Schultz, I saw your ring in the other post and it's GORGEOUS!!! Who cares about the jump rope when you've got that ring on your finger! (btw I'm a teacher too and I like going into the gym or cafeteria because the high lights make my ring extra sparkly Smile)

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: May 28, 2008 10:55 PM Go to message in response to: Elbelle77

Thanks for the compliment about the ring! I LOVE it! Your ring is absolutely beautiful too! I am actually not a teacher. But on Tuesdays and Thrusdays I work at a school for a few hours (I do Behavioral Therapy). I love going to the school because its always sunny as apposed to being in someones home where the sun is not as bright!

flowr Posts : 72 Registered: 3/27/08
Re: So it didn't happen....
Posted: May 29, 2008 3:00 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

i just got a new dress and i am getting SO excited for Sat night, it's not even funny!!!!! my BF was up all night last night! i am SERIOUSLY so nervous and ecited. i can not even contain myself!!!!!!!!!!

flowr Posts : 72 Registered: 3/27/08
Posted: May 30, 2008 12:36 PM Go to message in response to: flowr

Yesterday my BF received a FEDEX package, but the doorman wouldn't give it to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted: May 30, 2008 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: flowr

Oh my gosh!!!! Its going to happen!!! I am so excited for you! Dont forget we need details asap and lots of pictures!!!

FALLbrideINLOVE Posts : 1,056 Registered: 3/30/07
Posted: May 30, 2008 8:26 PM Go to message in response to: flowr

that sounds like a seriously good sign

Posted: May 31, 2008 9:52 PM Go to message in response to: flowr

Flowr I am so excited for you!!! All day I have been thinking that I need to get on here asap! The anticipation is killing me!!!!

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 8:07 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

hey i just got engaged 2 days ago, and I have been with my boyfriend for 5 years. We lived together for 3. And we have a daughter. he did it on His time. You cant pressure guys , it will push them away. I was so stoked when FH proposed. I knew he would do it, just on his own time.. I wouldnt keep pestering your BF, he may get annoyed.

Cortney

URL=""IMGhttp://www.whenismywedding.com/signature/9c7abbb2fb20f9de.gif[/IMG][/URL]

Posted: Jun 4, 2008 9:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Cortney I am already engaged! It happened about 2 weeks ago!

Posted: Jun 5, 2008 3:41 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I realized after i posted lol im sorry.. CONGRATS!!!

WWW.MYSPACE.COM/CRIMSNROMANCE

hisgirl14 Posts : 20 Registered: 12/31/07
Posted: Jun 8, 2008 9:49 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

so i have been lurking around these boards for a while now and then i had to get my mind off of all of it so i didnt come on here for a while. i just went through and read this entire thread.

congrats to all i loved reading all of your stories! they make me feel a lot better about how i am feeling right now. i dont feel as crazy :) 

to be honest i feel so much better. cause i thought i was the only one who is going absolutly nuts in the anticpation of my BF proposing.

i know i havent been waiting as long as a lot of you all but i am still going crazy.my BF and i met in college and knew from the beginning where the relationship would end. we have been talking about engagement on and off for several months now. and every time i would get excited for about a week and then realize that he wasnt going to do it. (neither of us were really ready)

i miss him so much. hes back at school and i had to come and live with my parents for the summer due to finances.

i had resigned myself to wait for God's timeing 

but now i know he is going to do it soon!

first of all because he told me that he is going to do it by the end of the year.

he talked to his parents about it yesterday and is going to ask my dad sometime next weekend. we talked more about the ring today and he told me he has one at least picked out. he might already have it.....

he is so excited and wont stop talking about it! and that is driving me nuts!

he keeps on talking about next week. we havent seen each other in a month. he saying things like "after next week you wont be able to frown again." and "you'll have a hard time being depressed after next week"  i feel really bad because today i went as far as telling him that with how much he is talking about how great next week is going to be i better come home with a ring on my finger. i feel awful that i said that now. it's just driving me nuts cause he wont stop talking about it! i know that he is excited but it is making it SOOOOO hard for me that he is constantly talking about it and about how great next week is going to be! and it doesnt help that i am way over emotional right now due to PMS and a lack of sleep from working an obscene amount of hours per week. i have anxiety problems as it is and this is not helping... 

yeah and then the fact that one of my best friends basically told me that she doesnt think my BF and i will ever get married and told me to stop looking at wedding sites. that really pissed me off.

sorry for the rant.  

Message was edited by: hisgirl14

Posted: Jun 9, 2008 12:23 AM Go to message in response to: hisgirl14

Ok first off screw your friend! You dont need that negativity! She is not in your relationship and therefore doesnt know exactly what goes on. You CAN look at the wedding sites. I looked and posted about 2 months before I was engaged. I probably would have been on here sooner, but I had no idea it existed! I just stumbled on it one day! I definately know how you are feeling. My bf didnt tell me when it would happen, but he told me the day after he bought it and when he asked my dad. It was driving me crazy (obviously if you read this whole thread you know that!) I am not going to tell you to stop thinking about it because almost everyone told me to do that and it was not possible for me! I ALWAYS thought about it. And I too broke down and cried to my bf when I was over emotional and a little tipsy. I felt a little bad the next day but then I knew we were going to get married and I am not going to hide how I am feeling. At that time, that is how I was feeling! I hope it does happen next week! It is so exciting when it does finally happen. It sucks waiting, but then once you get the ring and start spreading the word, you forget about all the frustration you felt in the months building up! Good luck girl! Keep us posted.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine