NWR....Is it possible to be going through menopause at 19???

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 9

m2810 Posts : 45 Registered: 11/17/07
NWR....Is it possible to be going through menopause at 19???
Posted: Jun 6, 2008 1:34 PM

Ive been having hotflashes at least 5 x a day. I have nooooo sex drive (even though i got off birth control). I have vaginal dryness. Headaches alll day long!! im tired! nEver have any energy...I usually have nice healthy hair but lately has beeen dry and falls out all the time..And for the past couple month my period is very irregular. Sometimes i wont get it, somedays will be shorter,sometimes they are lighter and etc....WHAT could be wrong with me??

Love2u Posts : 1,661 Registered: 10/24/07
Re: NWR....Is it possible to be going through menopause at 19???
Posted: Jun 6, 2008 1:41 PM Go to message in response to: m2810

There could be lots of thing wrong (or nothing at all).  The only way to determine why you are having these symptoms is to visit your Gync.  They can order blood tests to determine if you are having hormonal imbalances, peri-menopause, or something completely different.  At 19 it would be far more likely to have an STD or incomplete pregnancy than to be approaching menopause.

Menopause is when your periods have completely stopped and haven't occurred for a period of time (off the top of my head, I think it's 1 year). 

Love2uKiss

crystalizeddreams Posts : 321 Registered: 10/18/07

You could have an endocrine disorder, like an over active or underactive Thyroid gland. That tends to hit in your early 20s. I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism when I was 19

I MARRY THE LOVE OF MY LIFE OCTOBER 4TH 2008!!

DANNY & LISA 10/04/08

aim2173 Posts : 265 Registered: 10/14/07

have your thyroid checked...I had a lot of those same symptoms and it was hypothyroidism.  Easily controlled by meds.  It takes a while to get regulated but you will feel better.

Watch out BL6...Amy Squared is double the trouble!

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jun 6, 2008 8:31 PM Go to message in response to: m2810

You need to see a doctor--not take advice from a group of strangers on a message board.

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 9:57 PM Go to message in response to: myra

I also say see a doctor...

It could also be your body getting over being on birth control pills...depending on how long ago you stopped taking them.

Definately, talk to your doctor.

April 4, 2009 is the big day!

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 10:03 PM Go to message in response to: kroberts

GO  see a Dr ASAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! although it may not seem like anything but its enough apprently for you to be alamerd about it and concered.

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

AlottaGabbin Posts : 66 Registered: 5/26/08
Posted: Jun 15, 2008 8:44 PM Go to message in response to: m2810

You absolutely should go see a doctor.  I was diagnosed at 24 with PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)  It will really mess up your cycles and hormone levels!  Like everyone else says... go get checked out.  I honestly don't think it's menopause sweetie.....and once you find out, if it turns out to be anything....you can start getting some type of help for it.  It may turn out to be stress.... it could be anything or nothing.  But, put your mind at ease.... go get checked out!

TattooedStarlit Posts : 202 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: Jun 23, 2008 11:01 PM Go to message in response to: m2810

I agree with everyone else.  Definately go see a doctor.  What got my attention to your post was the subject line.  I actually went to school with a girl who went through menopause while still in high school so it's possible to go through it when your young; I'm sure it's very rare but it can happen.

LizWearsTights Posts : 57 Registered: 8/20/07
Posted: Jul 7, 2008 9:22 PM Go to message in response to: TattooedStarlit

I'm a midwife, and I've never heard of a documented case of menopause as early as 19.  It sounds like your body is just having a difficult time getting off the pill (complete hormonal change).  Still, do talk to your health care provider about PCOS, just in case.

http://mondaybear.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine