Floral Questions Answered

Online Users: 1,278 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 420

FutureMrsNajar Posts : 159 Registered: 11/15/07
Re: Floral Questions Answered
Posted: May 8, 2008 7:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Dear Master Florist ...

I wanted to say that you are truly a gentleman for offering all your help and expertise to all of us on this thread.

When i was interviewing florists I asked if it was possible if i could see a sample of their work so that i can compare and choose the florist that really listened to what i asked for. I visited three florists based on other weddings i have been to and recommendations from friends/family. All three agreed to providing me with a sample. when the time came for me to pick up the samples, One florist in particular would not let me take it out of the shop for "fear that i would steal his design" (Is this common) So again thank you for all your help.

I love the bridal bouquets that have crystals in the flowers. I was wondering if you could post some pictures for me. I prefer bouquets that are not cascading and without orchids they make me sneeze.

the bridesmaids are wearing watermelon similar to this color

Cost is not an object and i would love color that would match the bridesmaids.

thanks again for all your help!

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

~ June 28, 2008 ~

Posted: May 8, 2008 9:57 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

my cousin is doing my flowers for me, she took some floral design classes and know basic stuff so that way it will save me some money...she was asking me what types of flowers i need, and since i have no idea what everything looks like i was wondering if you could help me out? My main color is a peachish tone, im doing light pink and yellow and green accents. I need some help with my maid of honors bouquet. I need some flowers that arent too expensive. My wedding is june 21. My bouquet is going to be white cala lillies tied with a plain white ribbon. just a normal bouquet no fillers very simple. I love pictures of pink lillies ive seen or even orange like tiger lillies....i hate roses. any ideas??? If you have any pictures of flowers i could use id be soooo appreciative! Thank you!

FutureMrsNajar Posts : 159 Registered: 11/15/07
Posted: May 9, 2008 2:47 AM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

Sorry i wasnt clear the bridesmaids are wearing a color similar to the third picture. 

Thanks again 

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

~ June 28, 2008 ~

NowMrsMatewski Posts : 57 Registered: 2/14/07
Posted: May 9, 2008 8:42 PM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

Hi. Master Florist! I did it, I'm married. I just wanted to thank you for all of your help. Not sure if you remember me. I changed my mind a lot, moved up the date etc... Well I just wanted t say thanks!! And to send you the link to view some of my pics so that you can see how the boquets and centerpieces came out.

http://s266.photobucket.com/albums/ii242/colbzsaab93/Our%20Wedding/

Also, a little mishap I wanted to warn brides about. I ordered 6,000 white rose petals from www.fiftyflowers.com

After the shipment being delayed due to weather, I go them the night before the weding. When I opened the box I could have screamed. They were NOT white. They were a yellowy color. But were not yellow rose petals. They wer just yellowy. You can kind of see in the pics above, i think. So I started going through one of the bags to inspect them. Most of them had wrinkles (creases) in them and were browning on edges and the wrinkles. And at the base of the petal some of them were a lil' green. There was no way that I was using them! They were gross. Well luckily we ordered about 2,000 from our florist (weren't sure if we would recieve fiftyflowers.com order due to weather). And they were that same color. Masterflorist could you tell me why the petals aren't white?

Thank you so much, again! I loved my boquet, it smelt so good. I didn't want to put it down!

Newlywed and Lovin' It!!!

ADazzlingEvent Posts : 69 Registered: 4/24/08
Posted: May 13, 2008 4:33 PM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

Hello. I am getting married in June 2009 and I need help with centerpieces. I plan in using fake flowers (except for me and my bridesmaids bouquets and the bouts). If you have any sample of centerpieces that you can post, please do. My colors are turquoise, white, and black and my theme is "BLING". I would like a centerpiece using votives if possible. Thanks everyone :)

futuremrsmason Posts : 239 Registered: 3/21/08
Posted: May 20, 2008 2:08 PM Go to message in response to: ADazzlingEvent

hey Master florist,

when ever you get a chance, please disregard my previous post. :) 

What I am wondering now is how a daisy and rose bouquet would look with hydrangea... This picture is what I am wanting (the white bouquet)

Wedding Tickers and More From LifeTicker.com

AdorablePlanet.com movingannouncementstore.com

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Non-urgent Question
Posted: May 21, 2008 3:10 PM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

MasterFlorist, My question is not at all urgent.  I'm one of the 'not quite engaged' girls here.  But my BF and I have recently started a wedding fund, so we try to get prices on things.  So, while I was ordering flowers for my mom and his mom for Mother's Day, I noticed that 1-800 Flowers.com does wedding flowers also.  Have you heard anything about them?  Do you know if they are reliable?  The variety didn't seem HUGE, but the flowers they delievered to both moms were lovely.  I was just wondering if online flowers sounds like a good idea.  What makes me nervous is if you order a dress online and it sucks you have time to send it back...but that won't be the case with the flowers.
Kiss 

Soukee Posts : 13 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 8:05 AM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

hello,

I've decided to go with white phalaenopsis orchids (white) and purple orchids. I found the centerpiece for my table http://www.weddingbee.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/07/z10227107.bmp

but I'm out of ideas for the other table.

thx for the help. 

MasterFlorist Posts : 222 Registered: 11/30/07
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: sindylai

SINDAYLAI:

>>The theme colour is purple and green. The party will be held in a country club house, not too traditional but quite close to the nature, with the view of a lake and surrounded with grasslands. I would like to decorate the site with some tree brushes, so it wont look too spacious. And i also wanna add some little brushes to the centrepieces or some purple flowers with green stuff......

I think you are on the right track.  I'm not completely sure what tree brushes are however, I think I have a feel for what you are trying to accomplish.  Something simple and sophisticated yet "natural" in keeping with the surrondings.

I like the idea of this centerpiece.  The white tulip can easily be substituted for a purple one:

Or something as simple as this creates a big impact:

Or this:

Create this look with any vase by decoupaging the leaves on. This is what it would look like on tables:

On the other hand something like this will be a pleasing contrast to the natural surrondings:

I hope that has helped! :)

Google "Stems Event Florist" for my website.

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 12:49 PM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

MasterFlorist -

I really want blue flowers, and I'm struggling to come up with more than Blue Hydrangea. I picture myself with a bouquet of blue hydrangea; for the bridesmaids blue hydrangea mixed with white roses or white carnations. Would hydrangea be a good choice in April? Any other suggestions for a light blue flower?

April 4, 2009 is the big day!

xyratn Posts : 3 Registered: 1/15/08
September Wedding
Posted: Jun 5, 2008 3:03 PM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

Hi Master Florist....

I'm having an outdoor wedding in September 2008 in Townsend, TN. My colors are lime green, black & white, w/ some silver. I know I want to use green hydrangeas but other than that I'm lost...I also need to keep cost way down.  I do already have some vases, candles, and lime green ostrich feathers.

Any ideas???

ChiBride08 Posts : 54 Registered: 3/15/07
Posted: Jun 5, 2008 11:49 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Hi Master Florist,

I could use some advice on my centerpieces.  I will be placing a hanging vase that is filled with rose heads and will sorrround it with votive candles and rose petals.  I want to use fresh rose heads inside the vases but I'm not sure how long they will look fresh until since the vase will not have water.  When do you think I'd have to cut the rose heads by in order to have them look nice throughout the reception?  Should I use silk rose heads instead?   Here is a picture of the hanging vase so you can picture what I'm talking about:

Thanks so much for your help!!

Oh, one more thing.  I also want to wear a fresh rose in my hair.  Do I need to order a special hair piece from the florist or can I just tuck the rose in my hair and have it look fresh the whole night? Thanks  again.

Message was edited by: ChiBride08

Soukee Posts : 13 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Jun 6, 2008 10:25 AM Go to message in response to: MasterFlorist

Hello Master florist

I just read my post and just realized that I might have been a lil too brief (I just didn't want to annoy you with too much details, considering you are so busy schedule). 

I'm getting married in late December, in my hometown in West Africa (Senegal). Like I told you in my previous post, I've picked white phalaenopsis orchid as my main flower. We don't have this in my country, but I'm ready buy them abroad. I already felt in love with my centerpiece but don't really know how could I use orchids for the 25 other tables. My wedding colors are bronze, purple, and white.

Hope I didn't bother you

Thank you for your help

Soukee 

DAS824 Posts : 509 Registered: 8/24/07
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: Soukee

Masterflorist, you are such an awesome person to do all of this! I visited this board probably about 4 or 5 months ago looking for advice on flowers. We have since changed our date and colors. I'm in no rush but would just like an opinion when you have time time.

Our wedding will be in May 2009. Outdoors either in a garden setting or an outdoor deck of our reception venue. We live in Nebraska so we're hoping the weather cooperates! The colors are white, buttercup yellow, and a pink color probably a shade or 2 lighter than azaelea (?), sorry I'm not sure what that color would be called.

I love almost any flower and my fiance doesn't much care what type of flowers they are, just so they complement the wedding. My favorites are tulips, carnations, lilies (asiatic) and roses. Are carnations too informal? Just wondering.

Thanks for all your suggestions and help! Have a great day :) 

Shauna C...I can't wait!!

Montereybride08 Posts : 494 Registered: 1/25/08
Posted: Jun 10, 2008 2:47 PM Go to message in response to: DAS824

Hello Master Florist_ I am reading through this thread an I just wanted to say that you are amazing! I think it is so wonderful of you to take your time to help out so many brides. : )

I am torn about my flowers... I am leaning towards one option(I have general ideas- not specifics), but keep coming back to a second option as well. I am getting married in Central CA October 18th. It is in a small beach town, but hte wedding itself will be on an estate, mostly in the back yard. The attire is all black and white(BM dresses-black, my dress-white, GM suits- black and white, etc...) and I am debating between orange and black (think burnt orange, like mango calla lillies with black feathers and tied with a black satin ribbon) or green and white (green callas and hydrangias, and what else?). As I mentioned, I am not sure about the details of each bouquet, but have a general idea of what I want it to look like.

What flowers would you recomend for each scheme? Do you think that one scheme would "work" better than another? I will probably do center peices myself, and hire a florist for the bouquets, corsages and boutiniers.

Thank you, I appreciate your opinion!

October 18th, here we come!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine