Ok so has anyone used DiscountMugs.com?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

Boothie Posts : 28 Registered: 10/31/07
Ok so has anyone used DiscountMugs.com?
Posted: May 9, 2008 12:21 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has used DiscountMugs.com to get custom drink ware for their wedding favors. We were thinking of getting small glasses (like the 9 or 11 oz glasses) with our names and wedding date on it for favors, and I was just curious as to whether anyone else has had any experience with them.

Thanks! 

Make that two of us!
Posted: May 13, 2008 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: Boothie

I actually logged on today to ask the SAME EXACT QUESTION!  In particular, I wanted to know if they have the best value (good quality but cheaper prices).  I'm striking out on other websites, because they're either geared towards businesses with 12 dozen minimum, or you buy them one at a time for $15! 

CyndixRichie Posts : 70 Registered: 10/22/07
Re: Ok so has anyone used DiscountMugs.com?
Posted: May 31, 2008 10:59 AM Go to message in response to: Boothie

I just found thins thread don't know if its too late so...I've looked into buying the stemless wine glasses there, they do have pretty good prices. I haven't bought from them yet though. I did find someone in my area that i can get them for less through them and I don't have to worry about them getting shipped. (or pay for it for that matter saving about $200) When I called the places in my area they were quite aware of using glassware for weddings favor and aren't going to charge me for any over runs or limits on amounts. If you are a little flexible with exactly what you are looking for they may have some already in stock which will also save money. If you look in the phone book or do a search for etched glassware (or something similar) in your area you may save some $$ just a thought. (I live in a "wine" area so there may be more around) discount mugs was exactly where I started though!

"Reach out and open the door that no one thought could be opened. Life is behind it! We don't have an eternity to realize our dreams only the time we are here. If you risk nothing then you risk everything"

Re: Make that two of us!
Posted: Jun 4, 2008 1:23 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Okay, so I continued shopping around and found www.customglassware.com.  I ordered from them for 3 reasons: 1) for the same exact thing, it was cheaper. 2) shipping was cheaper (I think it was closer to LA), and 3) they do NOT put their logo on your glassware, whereas in the fine print at discountmugs.com, they reserve the right to place the logo on the bottom of each glass.  (I also liked the graphic options better, but that's personal preference, and you can always submit your own graphic).

I placed my order on 5/22.  On the morning of 5/23, they already had a proof in my email with 3 options (they flipped the graphic and our names, and I'm glad they did, because I chose one that I didn't even think was possible.)  They promised it by 6/6, but I received it yesterday, 6/3.  They are perfect!  And the glasses were packed really well, none broke.  I am proud to give such a nice favor to my guests.  For 90 pint glasses (using their graphic and our names and date), I paid $250.  They are as quick as they say they are, and the glassware is quality.  Hopefully this helps someone searching for something similar.

luckykelleyk Posts : 113 Registered: 7/24/07
Re: Make that two of us!
Posted: Jun 4, 2008 2:08 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I used discountmugs for martini glasses and had a very good experience. They didn't put their logo on them, and the quality is EXCELLENT. 

Heres a couple pics

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2327/2517562050_e22cfccc84.jpg 

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3057/2550962403_4ab2246b04.jpg 

Message was edited by: luckykelleyk

Message was edited by: luckykelleyk

Re: Ok so has anyone used DiscountMugs.com?
Posted: Jun 14, 2008 7:30 PM Go to message in response to: Boothie

I'm thinking that the best way to go on favors is to compare a lot of different businesses side by side. You should find a listing like http://www.gatheringguide.com/ec/party_favors_decorations.html and click through a few to get prices. I'm going with personalized wines, not mugs, but I'm sure the same idea applies.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine