How far out should showers be?

Online Users: 1,295 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 1

SaraTheBride Posts : 12 Registered: 6/3/08
How far out should showers be?
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 2:11 PM

How far out should a shower be from the wedding? My wedding is in 3months (woohoo!) in Jamaica, so I will not have many people coming to my wedding (only about 20 of our close family and friends). My mother says she wants to throw me two bridal showers. One here in North Carolina, and one back in our hometown in Ohio (7hours away). However, every time I ask her when she intends to have the showers, so I can request the time off work (I work every weekend), she says she hasn't planned anything yet. She says that it's still far out, but I disagree. When is a typical bridal shower held? Is my mom right, it's still far out, and I'm just over reacting, and thinking she'll run out of time? Or what should I do to light a fire under my mom's rear? (I feel kinda selfish to push her in regards to throwing a party for me, ya know?)

luckykelleyk Posts : 113 Registered: 7/24/07
Re: How far out should showers be?
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 2:16 PM Go to message in response to: SaraTheBride

My shower was a little more than a month before my wedding. As far as I have seen from other peoples showers that is pretty typical, however it is definitely not too early to start planning! She should at least pick a day so you can let people know far in advance if you have friends with busy schedules. 
DaisypathWedding Ticker

May 3rd, 2008!!!!! 
                    www.MyWedding.com/RogerandKelley 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine