Bridesmaid Dresses

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

mrsdigges2b Posts : 3 Registered: 2/29/08
Bridesmaid Dresses
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 10:41 AM

I want to have the girls choose what dress styles they want... All I've picked is the color, length, and fabric. The only probably is that David's bridal doesn't have a huge variety of the dresses that uphold the standard that I have placed... I've done this mostly because my girls are really quite different shapes, sizes and colors.

My question is of the 5 bridesmaids, could I let them overlap dress styles... Like could 2 have the same dress and the other three have different styles? They would all look pretty similar (chiffon, tea length, in pool blue). Do you think anyone would really notice?

Jen415 Posts : 255 Registered: 3/7/07
Re: Bridesmaid Dresses
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 10:48 AM Go to message in response to: mrsdigges2b

My sister did the same thing you're doing for her August 2008 wedding.  There are 5 in her bridal party...and I'm the odd one out as far as dress choices go.  2 of the girls chose the same, the other 2 chose a very similar and mine is different.  My sister did the 'dress your wedding party' thing (I offered to change my choice) and she thinks it will look just fine.

My opinion is that even though two girls may be wearing the same dress, each will carry it differently with her own personality.  I wouldn't worry about it!

May 24, 2008
Daisypath Ticker

Lorilee Posts : 437 Registered: 12/18/07
Re: Bridesmaid Dresses
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 2:10 PM Go to message in response to: Jen415

It would be perfectly acceptable, and look very stylish. Worse thing you can do is pick a uniform style, as everyone has different bodies, and if the dresses look good, then by all means, you should get them!

Lori & Bob
October 11, 2008

Daisypath Wedding Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine