Is $ 42 to expensive??

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 36

Laurlynne7 Posts : 10 Registered: 4/26/08
Re: Is $ 42 to expensive??
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 11:28 PM Go to message in response to: Laurlynne7

Well, i guess i can't say much, i don't care for champagne, and i don't drink. but alright, sounds good, most people probably do like it. If that what you want and thats what you can afford, it sounds pretty cool. go for it.

luckykelleyk Posts : 113 Registered: 7/24/07
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 12:26 AM Go to message in response to: Laurlynne7

Do you have a link to a website where I can see it? Im just curious as to what it looks like. 
DaisypathWedding Ticker

May 3rd, 2008!!!!! 
                    www.MyWedding.com/RogerandKelley 

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 2:05 AM Go to message in response to: Laurlynne7

butterflybride08 Posts : 70 Registered: 1/19/08
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 9:18 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Wow if you can afford it, why not go for it? Although, my mouth fell open at the amount the calculator said for your favor budget...sounds like you can basically do anything you want!! Enjoy that luxury :)
Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypathWedding Ticker

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 11:26 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Ok, well, I don't think any cost is unresonable if you can afford it.  However, besides the brand name, do you have an affinity for Moet?  It's OK, but I don't particularly care for its Brut taste. 

Since you are getting married in Puerto Rico, (if I'm not mistaken), then why not feature a Puerto Rican rum?  You could even have a local vendor do customized native decor still sticking with your "romantic" theme.  To me, this would be more of a personalized touch. 

There are quite a few special reserves of aged rums that are available only in certain local areas, not saying they aren't exported but not as available as a bottle of Bacardi. lol  I'll list a few for reference: Don Q Anejo, Don Q Grand Anejo, Reserva Anejo, Captain Morgan Private Stock, and also Ron del Barrilito is a small plantation that has a very limited reserve of yearly production. 

Just a thought. 

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

MissR Posts : 139 Registered: 7/17/06
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 1:22 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I think your favors are lovely and very classy!  You will definitely impress your guests!  Someone suggested rum, but I don't think that is nice enough for a wedding favor, champagne is best for the occasion. 

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 1:32 PM Go to message in response to: MissR

I disagree with rum not being nice enough for a favor. Especially if it's decorated some how with local pizzazz.

If you're going with Moet just because it's Moet, then reconsider. It's suggested as an attendant gift, and it could be a good favor too. However, I always thought a favor from the wedding was supposed to remind people of the wedding. I don't know how the pretty box does that...Rum on the other hand, or anything else from the location, would be a great reminder.

It's only a deal if you want it. Don't buy it becuase you have the money, but because it's special (not just for the name).

April 4, 2009 is the big day!

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 2:17 PM Go to message in response to: kroberts

I actually have to chime in and agree that the rum would be an excellent favor and remind your guests of the wedding (rather then simply reminding them that you have a lot of money).

As those boxes have 2 bottles of champagne and 2 flutes in them you would really only need to get one per couple rather than 1 per person. Perhaps you could give one box of champagne and also a bottle of rum (of a similiar gift set to the champagne)  per couple so that each gets a taste of celebration and a taste of the caribbean.

When is my wedding

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 2:27 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

"I founds some really cute Moet & Chandon Rose mini gift  box, each one cost about $42 and I have a 100 guest so it would cost me about $4200 for my favors is that to much???"

Yes, that's too much.

Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Married 4/21/08 at Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort

Slideshow of our wedding photos: 

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/tobiandbrian/Wedding%20Photos/?action=view¤t=cb216606.pbr

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 2:29 PM Go to message in response to: kroberts

That made me giggle that rum wouldn't be nice.  Some bottles of private reserve rum are 10 times more expensive than anything coming out of Napa Valley.

Additionally, it would have some relevance to the place the wedding is being held as well as the the OP heritage (I think I saw that she might have PR in family.  If not, my bad and I sincerely apologize.) 

Moet (or any champagne) would seem very appropriate to have at the reception itself.  You could feature it at that time.  Champagne Ice Sculpture Fountains....feature it in a signature drink (Peach Bellini is a good one)....have champagne truffles at the candy bar.  Lots of things can be done to incorporate it in a more exciting way than boxing a mini-bottle of it.  Then you feel like you're traveling on an airplane or getting mini bar service in a hotel.

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

MissR Posts : 139 Registered: 7/17/06
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 3:10 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I'm sure rum would be fine if that's what she wanted but she wants Moet champagne and I think that's a great idea, I love how it's packaged, it's cute.  

Beachwed Posts : 782 Registered: 9/19/06
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: B2B999

If you have the money and want to spend that much, by all means go for it. We did spend a bit on favors but we gave them to couples so that we could spend more on the favor. It was a local item and since we had a destination wedding, I still go into people's homes and see the favor, as they all say it reminds them of the vacation. I think something local could be a lot of fun.

As for the budget calculator, toss that thing to the side. If favors are really important to you, by all means spend what you want, but if you want to splurge on a great band or something else that will create memories, you don't need to spend $42 per favor.

I think a local rum and some other local item would be great memorable favors!  

2BBauer Posts : 478 Registered: 12/15/07
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 3:18 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I, personally (if I were a guest), would prefer the rum over the champagne.  For one thing, I don't care for champagne, I know that not everyone feels the same, but if the bottle is opened you then have to finish it or it will go flat and I can't drink enough in one sitting, even with FH, to finish a bottle.  With rum, which I don't drink normally, at least you could open the bottle, have a drink and stow the rest away for a later date.  Plus, the rum has significance for the wedding location and the brides heritage.  And lastly, I can pick up a bottle of champagne almost anywhere if I wish, I can't just go to the store and get a high quality bottle of Puerto Rican rum.
The first day of my happily ever after is 9-13-2008!!

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: Laurlynne7

Actually the rum fro Puerto Rico is great , and i considered Moet because most of our friends like it , Im not a big drinker

lil1one Posts : 312 Registered: 2/13/08
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 5:09 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Oh my and here I am going back and forth with picture frames that are $1.10 each.

I would love to attend your wedding!!!

Soon to be Mrs. Hatcher!!!

September 20,2008

When is my wedding

WhenIsMyWedding.com

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine