Would like to find a dress from "Say Yes to the Dress"

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 7

jnhn Posts : 3 Registered: 6/2/08
Would like to find a dress from "Say Yes to the Dress"
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 2:28 AM

I was watching the "Say Yes to the Dress" marathon and saw a dress I really like.  In the episode "To Buy or Not to Buy/What a Girl Wants," there's a scene where a girl names Alexandra finds the dress of her dreams, but it's not within her budget.  I love the dress she chose!  I believe it's a Jim Hjelm.  I've tried looking at the Jim Hjelm website, but can't find the dress.  However, there is one dress on the site that might be it, but I can't tell because only the back of the dress is shown.  The style # is JH8657.  If anybody has a picture of the front of this dress, that would really help.  Also, if anybody happens to know the style # of the dress Alexandra wears on the show, that would be even better.  I would appreciate any help. Thanks!

firstweddinginn... Posts : 77 Registered: 9/15/07
Re: Would like to find a dress from "Say Yes to the Dress"
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 10:02 AM Go to message in response to: jnhn

I know the exact dress your talking about. it is jim hejlm and i love it to. I saw it on ebay recently, about a month ago. It was a sample size 10 and I was strongly debating buying it (i think it was $350 or something) but in the end went with another dress I also loved. But seeing the episode yesterday reminded me of that dress and gave me dress anxiety if I made the right choice. Anyways,

Let me see if i can find it....

dress005-1.jpg picture by tashacopi

cant wait to wear my dress on 11-1-08!

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 10:12 AM Go to message in response to: firstweddinginn...

No, its not there anymore. I think it was 'scarletts sample sale' that was selling the dress.

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 10:16 AM Go to message in response to: firstweddinginn...

And i looked at the dress you suggested and I dont think thats the dress. The dress you like is well over a yr old. I was looking at it back in October but thought it was to expensive at the time. Then I saw it on ebay and it went on my possibilities list.

m2810 Posts : 45 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 10:17 AM Go to message in response to: firstweddinginn...

I tried searching in the Klienfeld website but I couldnt find anything that wouuld match the back...you should try searching it there...

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 12:35 PM Go to message in response to: jnhn

Thanks for the help.  I've tried the Kleinfeld website, but can't seem to find it.  The dress I posted is from the Fall 2006 collection of Jim Hjelm, is that old enough?  

Abc12345678 Posts : 272 Registered: 2/25/07
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 12:46 PM Go to message in response to: jnhn

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 3:17 PM Go to message in response to: jnhn

If anybody has a picture or clip of Alexandra in the dress (front and/or back), that would help too.  Because I don't really remember what the back looks like.  I wish I recorded the show!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine