I got my dress!!

Online Users: 1,273 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 12

MrsGrimm Posts : 39 Registered: 3/30/08
I got my dress!!
Posted: Jun 1, 2008 10:32 PM

I had to tell everybody! First day looking at dresses and it was the first one i tried on. 

http://davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?stid=962&prodgroup=159

I dont have any pictures with me in it yet, they're on my friends cameras but ill post as soon as i get them up. In person it sparkles in the light and with the lace its just so feminine. I'm so happy.

Any suggestions for BM styles to go with this? 

deansbride Posts : 220 Registered: 3/24/08
Re: I got my dress!!
Posted: Jun 1, 2008 10:46 PM Go to message in response to: MrsGrimm

Congrats! 

I love that dress! I almost got it myself (I found one that liked just as much for $300 less tho), and you are right it does sparkle like crazy! Did you pick a sash? What about the veil? the one Davids has tear drop crystals looks lovely with it

I think any BM dress would look beautiful with that dress it is so classic! 

Stevesbride Posts : 79 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: Jun 1, 2008 10:47 PM Go to message in response to: deansbride

I love your dress, what color sash did you get to go with it?

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: Jun 1, 2008 11:08 PM Go to message in response to: MrsGrimm

It's so elegant!  Congrats!

Where's your wedding in Florida?

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

shortlittlebride Posts : 30 Registered: 5/31/08
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 1:02 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

What a gorgeous dress!  It is very elegant and feminine. 

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 1:14 AM Go to message in response to: MrsGrimm

I definitely see something classic with this gown. What are you colors and what type of wedding are you planning is the answer for your BM dress issue. Depending on the color and the length of the gown I guess the wedding is in Fl correct? I live in SWFL the weather is wonderful, except for hurricane season although they were wrong about that one last year. So it just depends on your vision

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

MrsGrimm Posts : 39 Registered: 3/30/08
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 7:56 AM Go to message in response to: coastiebride

thanks =)

I want to go with a dark blue, navy blue. for bm dresses. I got the dress without a sash, i liked it better without one. We're getting married in Daytona beach.

m2810 Posts : 45 Registered: 11/17/07
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 10:00 AM Go to message in response to: MrsGrimm

Hey  have the SAME exact dress!!! I got married last December and in Florida!!! and it really is a beautiful dress. I didnt get a sash on mine because there wasnt enough time to order but im sure its goin to look gorgouesous with the sash. Here are links to a couple pictures of my wedding w/my BM. My MOH wore a different dress from my bm.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/mmm_2178/l_38de1344863be8fc4bd90cb799a9a365.jpg

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/mmm_2178/?action=view&current=l_9f4e6e9d3891186f8ff956b4dcc18dc0.jpg

Message was edited by: m2810

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 10:00 AM Go to message in response to: MrsGrimm

Hey  have the SAME exact dress!!! I got married last December and it really is a beautiful dress. I didnt get a sash on mine because there wasnt enough time to order but im sure its goin to look gorgouesous with the sash. Here are links to a couple pictures of my wedding w/my BM. My MOH wore a different dress from my bm.

http://i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/mmm_2178/l_38de1344863be8fc4bd90cb799a9a365.jpg

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm200/mmm_2178/?action=view&current=l_9f4e6e9d3891186f8ff956b4dcc18dc0.jpg

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 10:01 AM Go to message in response to: MrsGrimm

double

Message was edited by: m2810

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 10:19 AM Go to message in response to: MrsGrimm

Well department store have a lot of dark blue almost royal blue dresses in right now that are long, especially dillards. Or i would look into Impressions or Angelo BM gowns. They seem to have a wide selection 

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

BoysMissLady Posts : 932 Registered: 1/18/07
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 12:40 PM Go to message in response to: MrsGrimm

The dress is beautiful!

There is a tool on David's Bridal where you can play around with options for your dress and your BM's.  It's more of like a game, but you may want to check it out and see what you like.

MrsMaldonado Posts : 2,852 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: Jun 19, 2008 7:01 PM Go to message in response to: MrsGrimm

Congrats! Your dress is definitely gorgeous!
I also got my dress from DB...like you, it was the first dress I tried on ;o) ...perfect!

On September 27, 2008,
Bryan & Emy will say, "I Do" 

On October 4, 2008, 
Bryan & Emy will have their wedding celebration!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine