My Bridal Shower *UPDATED WITH PICTURES*

Online Users: 1,273 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 11

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
My Bridal Shower *UPDATED WITH PICTURES*
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 9:17 AM

So, this weekend was my surprise bridal shower. It was absolutely amazing. Although my mom did most of the planning and covered a lot of the cost, my bridal party acted as the offical hostesses. It was such a wonderful day. Everyone was incredibly generous and it was so touching.

Some of my favorite gifts were ones that weren't on my registry. My FH's cousin have us gorgeous crystal flutes with our monogram and wedding date engraved on them.

I couldn't have been more surprised. I had been pretty much clueless until we pulled up to the restaurant and I noticed my father's, sister's, and cousins cars all parked right in front. I just looked at FH and said "Is my shower today?" He pretty much said yes and shoved me out of the car. Thank God I was dressed and had my hair/make-up done.

I don't think FH and I need to buy anything else for our new home. We got everything a person could want. Appliances, linens, some awesome recipes from family, a littel book with words of wisdom from all of the married women at the shower, etc. The best part was that all of our guests loved the charity donation we set up through Macy's. A certain percentage of all things purchased went to St. Jude's. The guest said its so nice to see a couple who is also thinking of other people.

I already have about 1/3 of my thank you notes written. My hand is killing me. LoL.

Here are a few pictures....

Photobucket

This is the honeymoon table my mom made for me.

Photobucket

All of the gifts people brought. Everyone was incredibly generous. 

Photobucket

SUPRISE! When I arrived at the shower

Photobucket

My father and I - he built the wishing well being us. 

Photobucket

My FMIL, me and my Mom. 

Photobucket

My absolutely awesome bridal party - the best MOH & bridemaids ever !

Message was edited by: Bride2008

m2810 Posts : 45 Registered: 11/17/07
Re: My Bridal Shower
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 9:38 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Aw!!! Congrats!!! Thats great!! Hope you had fun! Post pics soon!

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 9:42 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

YAY!!!! Your shower sounds great!! Can I ask you what restaurant it was at? Was it in the city? Mine was at Carmines and I still remember how amazing and how much fun it was that day. I will never forget it. And like you; my favorite gifts were all the stuff not on the registry. Like the Christmas ornaments everyone got for my Wishing Well ... and the home made knit stockings with Don and Kelley written on them from my best friends mom who sewed and made them herself. Love stuff liek that!!!

Cant wait to see your pictures!

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 10:11 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

It was at a place called Buckley's in Brooklyn. It was a brunch and so yummy.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

RoBelle Posts : 1,236 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 10:44 AM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Oh how beautiful!  Can't wait to see pics!!!

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 1:17 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Yay - I'm glad your shower went so well and that you received some very nice gifts!

We did the Macy's charity thing, too - for the Susan G Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. I'm glad that they offer that, though I wish we had received some sort of confirmation that the money had really been donated. I guess I have no reason not to trust that the donation had been made, but it would be nice to see some proof!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 8:57 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Congrats! Sounds like your shower went really well. Can't wait to see pictures. :)

-Ness

Check out my work bridal blog: http://vclarke.encblogs.com.  I also need to come up with a name for it!  Who wants to help? 

Oh baby don't it feel like Heaven right now? Don't it feel like something from a dream? - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 12:05 PM Go to message in response to: LochNessie

My God!!! How many people were at your Shower? LOL. It looks like there are about 5,000 presents i that gigantic pile!!! Awesome!!! Must have taken you forever to open everything lol. It looks like such a great time. Ive never been to that restaurant in Brooklyn but it sounds nice. Thats soooo cute that your dad MADE your Wishing Well. Thats totally something my dad would do too. So sweet. Awww...

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

shelsgrl Posts : 164 Registered: 5/31/07
Re: My Bridal Shower *UPDATED WITH PICTURES*
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 12:34 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Yay!  What a beautiful spread!  Sounds like it was a great party, and you're very lucky!

"Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or even what you are. Rich is who you have beside you." ~JIK II

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 12:35 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

There were about 90 people. But before people get on the whole gift grabby-unecessary party rant - relatives ASKED to come to my shower. My family is always very generous and people wanted to be there to show their support for FH and myself. We also have HUGE families.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 12:50 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

No "unnecessary party" rant from me... Hell, Im just jealous!LOL:)

Honestly though, now that I think about it, I had two Showers. One was here in NY at Carmines that my MOH threw for me..with all my local friends and work people. That was about 25 people. Then my mom threw me a Shower in Massachusetts which had our entire huge family plus old childhood close friends,etc. I think there were 50 or so people at that one .. so your 90 doesnt sound SO huge after I break down my own lol. But wow, you DO have two huge families! My family is also huge... but Dhs is pretty much nonexistant or too far away to attend.:)

It looks like a blast.

Photobucket

RoBelle Posts : 1,236 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: Jun 3, 2008 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Beautiful pics, I LOVE the honeymoon table.  You were absolutely blessed!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine