Any 30+ Brides Out There?

Online Users: 1,368 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 411

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Re: Any 30+ Brides Out There?
Posted: May 19, 2008 12:34 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Hi ladies!

Newfie- what fun pictures! Thanks for sharing! it looks like you had tons of fun- YAY! the green veil looks great. You're not going to believe me, but I have a hot pink mini dress with the wide belt just like yours, it's not the same exact dress but they are almost the same : )  Girl, YOU are getting married NEXT MONTH!

Welcome new 30+ brides, post often and post pictures!

Heidibride30 Posts : 1,201 Registered: 4/16/08
Posted: May 19, 2008 12:58 PM Go to message in response to: cdliv

Hey!  I'm new to this thread.  I'm 30 and my FH is 39.  It's my 1st (and only) wedding, his 2nd.  We've been engaged for about 2 months now and starting to get serious about planning.  So overwhelming.  But I'm loving it!!  :)

NewfieBride2008 Posts : 242 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: May 19, 2008 4:26 PM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Welcome NEw Brides!

OMH I cannot believe wedding day in 25 days.  Its is SO surreal.  I am trying to absorb all of it, we leave in 2 weeks for Canada!

Muffin- -Are we long lost twins from different parts of the world?  Thanks for the compliments on the pictures, we did have alot of fun.  My FH had his stag this weekend....oh my, he is still recovering but he had fun.

How rae tings going with you?

25 days OMG OMG OMG....fun times!

http://www.TickerFactory.com

riderzblock Posts : 65 Registered: 10/30/07
Posted: May 27, 2008 12:03 AM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

I am new to this thread. My fiance and I are 32 and this is our first wedding.  I was planning a fairly traditional wedding-150 guests, white dress, bridesmaids, outdoor ceremony, dinner and dancing reception.  Someone made a comment like "oh, you're going to do all that at your age?" and it made me wonder if I was strange. Is anyone else here doing the whole traditional thing for their first wedding when they are over 30?

p.s. I know people here like FH but I like fiance, I only get to use it for a year so I am going to wear it out;)

Posted: Jun 1, 2008 8:42 PM Go to message in response to: riderzblock

Riderzblock - Welcome.  You say finace as often as you want, its a great word!  Why would anyone say to you 'at your age?'  Why not at any age as long as you are happy and who's business is it besides yours?????  Let them take a hike and plan you and your 'finace's' ( wink) wedding!

Ladies, my ticker says 13 days/......it will be here in 13 days!

FqaB!

Also, Sex and the City...the movie...4 stars from me and fyi...bring tissues...nothing as to what I expected, but it is great...

back to work.....I finished my church programs last night, thanks to my amazing mom.  I finished the crystals and rhinestones for my bouqet ( are you surprised Muffin= )  ) and now I need to sort out what to pack...

Cheers!

1SexyBride2B Posts : 18 Registered: 9/13/07
Posted: Jun 20, 2008 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Hi Ladies-

Do you and your fiance live together? If not, do you plan to move together before you get married. We are 30 and 33 and neither of us have ever lived with anyone besides our parents. We both own our own homes and I am planning to sell my house after the wedding. What are some of the biggest challenges you faced once you moved in together?

Thanks!

1SexyBride2B! Kiss

riderzblock Posts : 65 Registered: 10/30/07
Posted: Jun 20, 2008 3:19 PM Go to message in response to: 1SexyBride2B

I have lived with my fiance for two years. Even though we spent almost every night together even before he moved in, it was a really hard adjustment for me, but I have a hard time explaining why, I was just used to my routine and also, before we moved in together we had to make plans and I had time to get ready to go out. Now we decide to do something last minute and I have to be ready to go without all the primping, it kinda takes the fun out of it. lol

Posted: Jun 28, 2008 1:26 PM Go to message in response to: riderzblock

I am back and HAPPILY MARRIED!

My wedding was beyond the fairy tale I had dreamed of...the glittery fairy tale!

Hope all is well, more pictures to come...stories too!

Posted: Jun 28, 2008 1:27 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Posted: Jun 28, 2008 1:28 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Posted: Jun 28, 2008 1:29 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Posted: Jun 28, 2008 1:31 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

MuffinB Posts : 778 Registered: 7/13/07
Posted: Jul 14, 2008 6:10 PM Go to message in response to: NewfieBride2008

Hello again!! I know this thread has slowly dwindled but I just had to come and say, Newfie- you took my breath away. You looked absolutely gorgeous! That dress! You looked like a million bucks, girl! If you're still out there somewhere, come back and share details : )

kimmee Posts : 13 Registered: 5/28/08
Posted: Jul 18, 2008 2:42 PM Go to message in response to: 1SexyBride2B

I'm 33 and he'll be  34 at the time of the wedding, and it's our first wedding.   Neither of us have lived with previous significant other before. 

I've heard it's an adjustment....and have heard some say that they had a hard time that first year getting used to living with each other.   so, i'm wondering just how it will be!!

Posted: Sep 3, 2008 12:17 AM Go to message in response to: MuffinB

Hi Muffin!!!!!

Thank you for all of your kind words, you know I have to say my wedding was beyond anything I could have imagined with 'sparkle.'on top   I have not been around for awhile, busy times.....if you can , send me a personal message...I would love to chat with you and find out how you are!

Laughing

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine