Too pricey?

Online Users: 1,298 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5

rubyred1 Posts : 968 Registered: 8/9/07
Too pricey?
Posted: May 22, 2008 7:45 PM

I found these invitations online and contacted the woman a few weeks ago.  I love this invitations, but the quote she gave me shocked me.  How much would you girls pay for invites like these?

http://www.icingdesigns.com/Enlarged%20Files/2_8_07%20Enlarged/adventure1.htm

She quoted 700-800 dollars.  I don't have that kind of money for invitations for 100 people. 

http://tac.families.com/ezb/1039358.png

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Re: Too pricey?
Posted: May 22, 2008 9:17 PM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

I don't know how much invites run, I did my own.  But if you can't afford them, then you've answered your question about them being too pricey.

Maybe another post with the link asking if anyone knows where you can find similar invites for less would be more effective.  :-)

Good luck! 

Posted: May 30, 2008 10:00 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

I think they are worth it if they are wrapped in $20 bills Money mouth  Kidding of course. 

My FH and I are paying for our own wedding so we don't have a large budget, we are taking an additional engagement photo and uploading it to walmart.com and pinting up the postcard size invitations with our pictures on them.  I think people are more apt to keep the invitation because they are personal plus they are 33 cents a piece.  I personally don't want to spend a lot of my budget on something people eventually throw away.

Message was edited by: asdjkl

Chad Posts : 637 Registered: 10/3/06
Posted: May 31, 2008 10:32 AM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

If you're asking the question, then yes.  I didn't even look at them.  No matter how amazing, if you're asking the question, then they're too pricey.  We paid more than that per person for invitations and we accepted the price right off the bat.  It was something that was a priority for me, so even Chad the Cheapskate didn't bat an eyelash at the price.

Keep looking.

Chad ~ 11.19.05

triplej Posts : 92 Registered: 9/3/07
Posted: May 31, 2008 10:04 PM Go to message in response to: Chad

I personally think that would be too much for me to spend; I don't have that big of budget. But I did get 100 invites, colored inner, and outer, with response cards and envelopes for those as well for $200. They are awesome and I got them from american wedding.com. I looked through it again and found some that were similar to the ones you liked. I would definitely recommend it! here is the website

http://www.theamericanwedding.com/shopping/prod_catalog/main.asp-cat-74

Hope this helps! 

Jamie : )

July 12, 2008 is the day I marry my everything!

icrad13 Posts : 37 Registered: 12/18/06
Posted: Jun 1, 2008 12:55 AM Go to message in response to: rubyred1

check out www.weddingsnspice.com

She does amazing custom work that does not break the bank.  Whatever your budget is, she works with it.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine