July 2008 Brides!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 771

Pegah Posts : 58 Registered: 11/27/06
Re: July 2008 Brides!
Posted: May 28, 2008 3:40 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Current mood is pissed! So, we changed the date of my shower from next Sunday to June 8th so that a friend of mine whom I also work with can attend. She was going to be out of town and was supposed to come back on Saturday (the day before the shower) well now she says she doesn't know if she can make it. She was the ONLY reason we changed the date. They are going to see her family and her husbands family. Sure, she may only get to see them like once a year (maybe twice) but it's not like she isn't going to see them at all. And I only have ONE bridal shower in my life. Just pissed off because she hasn't given an answer to me....or even mentioned it. I had to ask HER about it. My boss had to see if she was coming and she said....if we leave early on Sunday and there is no traffic or accidents, then we should make it on time. I looked at my boss and said "100 bucks there is an 'accident' that day"...she probably won't come and will lie and say there was an accident. I don't even know why I am getting so pissed off...I guess it's because she always flakes on people but wants us to be there for her. I guess it's cause we had to change the date for her to come....that's probably it.

Anyways, our response cards are all supposed to be returned by June 1st. So I thought because of the holiday that we would get a whole bunch returned last night, but no...there were only two. We still have about 40-something response cards left to be returned (about 105 people). My dad finally got a check written for 50% of the reception down payment...thank god! Just gotta get FH to call his family and see where their cards are, buy GM gifts, write thank you cards to them, and call a few of our friends and remind them their cards are due by June 1st.

I'm just really frustrated ladies. It's not one particular thing. A lot of it is that I haven't lost all the weight I wanted to and I feel like I don't have any time. I also feel like there is so much pressure to decide all these things. I don't know where we are getting ready, how I'm getting there, how FH is getting there....we are leaving in my car after the reception! I have to put a schedule together, put people in charge of things, pick out ceremony music (I already have mine and the BM processional and recessional....but not the preludes, etc) and I have to stop being fat, lol. It's a lot....and I know you ladies are the only ones who know exactly (minus the weight issues) what I feel. It's sorta surreal...I can't believe it. I've been engaged for 2.5 years and I am still not ready to get this wedding over and done with. I want more time to plan, think, and put things off!

Future Mrs. Bowman

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: May 29, 2008 1:07 PM Go to message in response to: Pegah

Pegah, I totally know what you mean about wanting more time to put things off!! haha! It was so nice to be able to say, "Oh I have four months, I'll be fine"...but now it's like "OMG! I only have 4 weeks??? ahh!!!!". I'm feeling it too.

So I STILL haven't gotten that list of other people who NEED invitations yet. I went out and bought some extra invitations last night--not exactly the same but still the pearl thing going on. lol. I hated having to do that but they don't carry mine in packages smaller than 50, and I really don't need that many. I'll  need about 15 tops! Oh well, I don't think people get together and compare invitations to make sure they're EXACTLY the same...do they? Besides, these are mostly going to those extra people I just found out about who won't even come to the wedding. So I guess I just don't care at this point. I should have been done with the invitations WEEKS ago!! gah!!

Our Wedding Website: www.mywedding.com/chrisandryanne

triplej Posts : 92 Registered: 9/3/07
Posted: May 29, 2008 8:48 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

I hear you Ryann! We went home for my bridal shower (which was AMAZING and so much fun, it really made things feel real!) But when I was there both my mom and my future in laws kept saying, oh we forgot this person, and this person. Really! I was so excited to be done with the invitation part! But as long as I have extra invitations I guess that is okay, once I'm out though...I'm out!! :) 

We also picked out the tuxes. They are SO hot!! I can't wait to see my man in that!! But they were pretty stinkin expensive ($167.00!!!), but that is what we liked.

FH is trying to pick out GM gifts, anyone have any ideas that aren't the traditional golf, beer mug, money clip stuff?? Thanks girlies!

Jamie : )

July 12, 2008 is the day I marry my everything!

Posted: May 30, 2008 9:27 AM Go to message in response to: triplej

Triplej- I have to wrangle him to do this...but we are buying our groomsmen t-shirts that just have to do with their personality from this website cafepress.com. They have THE funniest t-shirts around. So we are getting one of our groomsmen who is a pilot a t-shirt that says "Pilots....looking down on people since 1903 and the other shirts just are sorta like that for our engineering groomsmen, car enthusiast groomsmen. They are funny and they'll definitely wear them. If that interests you, you should def check it out. They also have cute wedding ones. We are getting FH this one that has a video game type picture of a bride and groom and it says "GAME OVER", lol!

Onto more serious stuff....

So my aunt and uncle are having a bad fight...I wish she would just leave him cause no one likes him....she is a seamstress who was supposed to do my dress, but my mom doesn't trust her or my dress in their house at the moment. So we have to have our other seamstress friend...who lives here luckily, to do my dress. Well my aunt and uncle are parents to my flowergirl and ringbearer. My mom says my aunt isn't coming to my shower which totally pissed me off....I mean if you're fighting, wouldn't you wanna get away?! And then she says she doesn't even know if they would come to the wedding! I was like so....no Flowergirl or Ringbearer?! It wouldn't be so bad....I could do without them, but I spent close to $300 on their gifts and their pillow and basket! And then he (my uncle through marriage) had the nerve to say that when my aunts fly here from Iran for the first time ever visiting America (flying from Iran to Tampa where they live....we live in Tallahassee....5 hours away) that they can't stay with them! So, my dad has to drive down there and bring them up here and then do the same thing the next weekend when my aunt and cousin from San Francisco come in! I am just so frustrated. I don't wanna sound like a bridezilla, but it's not about them for once it's about me and FH and our wedding and having our family there! It's dumb of her not to come to the wedding, especially since her sisters from Iran have never been to American before and she hasn't seen them in years and if she doesn't come....she won't see them for more years....dumb on her part. Oh well, if she wants to miss out, then her kids, her and my uncle will miss our on having me and FH in their lives. I really will be pissed and don't think I'll ever talk to her again. UGH....I'm just venting. Thanks guys for listening :)

Future Mrs. Bowman

stillgroovin Posts : 238 Registered: 11/12/07
Posted: May 30, 2008 10:19 PM Go to message in response to: Pegah

Pegah - Ha! I love the pilot shirt. I checked out the web site and found one for my fiance. It says "Bro's before ho's" and it's got a picture of Barck Obama and Hillary Clinton (sorry clinton fans, he loves his obama!)

That sucks about all your stuff though. Sounds like the husband sucks. Oh well, don't worry about them, it won't make or break your day.

Ryanne - dude, if your aunt STILL hasn't gotten you the addresses, I don't see how they can be so important. I'd say forget them.

So my rsvps have been trickling in and I'm kind of surprised. I'm getting some Nos that I didn't think I would. I mean, in a way it's good because we definitely invited more people than I had wanted to! But still, some of these people are ones I really wanted to be there! Oh well.

Ha, I just yelled at my fiance. He gave two of his BMs completely wrong information about where they're supposed to go get sized, and they're already late doing that! Bah. 

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 9:20 AM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

Hey....so I woke up yesterday and said to FH....we're getting married next month. He went to play soccer as he does every Sunday with my dad and all of my dad's friends and they were all giving him a hard time...."Johnny....man you still wanna get married? You sure you wanna be in that family?!" LOL! He thought it was hilarious...GOOD because I don't want him to think it's not funny, lol! So I took him to see Sex and the City....he didn't fight me on that because he wanted to see Samantha's boobs, lol! He was a good sport!

Onto wedding stuff....our response cards were all due back by yesterday and we are still missing a few. So mad that people think it's a joke and they can get around to it when they want....I need to let our caterer know a final head count! And my mom thinks that we should just not include them, but I said what if they show up....you can easily assume they are not coming just as easily as you can that they ARE coming. So I don't know! My shower is this Sunday and I am stoked! I can't wait to get presents, lol! It's really gonna hit the fan after the shower. Still got a lot to do like scheduling and who is gonna drive me to the ceremony etc, but pretty much everything is under control!

Future Mrs. Bowman

Noviesita Posts : 381 Registered: 6/18/07
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 9:47 AM Go to message in response to: Pegah

Hey ladies!  It's June! Next month is our month!  Yeah, yeah, I know, "shout up Novie nobody needs the extra pressure" LOl! 

So, my RSVP's have stopped coming, therefore, FH and I are anticipating making lots of calls.  Now for a bit of drama; so my cousin calls me last night to ask if she can bring her child to the wedding, HELLO! the reception card clearly said: "ADULT RECEPTION"  and on the bottom we even wrote "Sorry we cannot accomodate children" and I still got this damn call.  Of course I told her no.  Oh, and get this she had already sent her RSVP accepting the invitation. 

Did  she think I would say yes just b/c of that?  HAH! well I said "no, sorry to hear you won't be able to make it, call me if the situation changes".  I am so going Bridezilla on everybody's ass from this point on!  Yell

Posted: Jun 2, 2008 1:03 PM Go to message in response to: Noviesita

haha! Noviesta, that's great!

More best man drama. Now he most certainly will not be at the wedding. For my full vent, see the "Frustrated with Best Man's wife" thread. I'll probably get bashed by someone for being insensitive to the best man's situation, but really I'm not being insensitive. This thing his wife is pulling is just the last straw for me, you know.

So...FH has asked his cousin to be in the wedding party in place of his original best man, and I have no idea who the new one is. I'm assuming his brother, and I printed that on the programs when I was working on them and showed it to FH and he didn't say a word about it. So who knows.

GAH!! FH's men are WAY more trouble than my girls ever were!

nobridezillasal... Posts : 2 Registered: 5/28/08
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 2:56 PM Go to message in response to: July4thBride

If anyone needs a day of planner I have a great suggestion! My friend just found them and I went with her to the meeting.. Contact me if you are interested

First loves never die

Message was edited by: nobridezillasallowed

stillgroovin Posts : 238 Registered: 11/12/07
Posted: Jun 2, 2008 7:10 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

So here's a situation that I'm probably blowing out of proportion, but it still really irks me.

Background: Originally I had no intention of inviting any extended family members - there's just too many of them. But then last Christmas my grandpa died and at his funeral, both his sisters (my two great aunts) really seemed excited about the wedding and seemed like they expected to go. SO, partly out of guilt and partly b/c I thought they could stand in for my grandpa, I invited them (plus the ones husband). I then e-mailed out save the dates sometime in January.

Here's where it gets good - at my dad's family easter, one of his cousins mentioned how they were excited to go to the wedding. Then all the cousins start talking about it! That's when he finds out they had all received save-the-dates, when none of them were supposed to! Of course he calls me, I freak out, blah blah blah. Luckily he explained there must have been a mistake, they were all understanding, it's all good.

He later looked up the original e-mail I sent out, and sure enough, I did NOT email any of them - which means someone forwarded.

I greatly suspect it was one of my great aunts, which ticked me off but whatever - the problem was already solved.

So, after that long story, here's why I"m pissed - they both RSVPed NO!!!!!!! I swear to god, I went through all that crap, all that debate about should I invite them or not, all that guilt, and then having to fix that hug stupid mess and feeling like an asshole because I thought for a little bit I had sent out those STDs - and now they're not even friggin coming!!!!!

One of them just RSVPed no on our web site, but the other (the one I think who forwarded the STDs) sent me an email saying she wouldn't be able to make it. I'm almost certain she's not coming b/c she's mad none of her kids or grandkids are being invited.

Grrrr. Whatever.

In other news, RSVPs are sloooooowly coming in, not to mention I'm getting a lot more Nos then I thought I would - I'm actually getting concerned we won't have many guests!  

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 10:43 AM Go to message in response to: stillgroovin

Stillgrooving, I feel your frustration. Wow, look at the headache and email can cost and they say computer supposed to make our lives easier!?Undecided

You know what I find most frustrating about the whole thing? *vent* The fact that we are trying to do something nice for our family and friends and they don't seem to appreciate it. Instead, the more you do the more they expect. I mean yes, we all have a vision of what we want our day to be and although we say it's "our day" if you look at it the reception is really catered to our guests. I see it like this: we invited you to celebrate our marriage and we want you to have a good time so, we picked this menu, this location, this dj/band etc to ensure you do. Yet, they demand more. sigh.......

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 11:02 AM Go to message in response to: Noviesita

Noviesita--I know what you mean. We are doing this so that everyone has a good time in celebrating our unions....but don't let them get in the way of what the meaning of it all is....to be married to the ones we love. No DJ, no cake, no food, no music....all that aside, as long as we are happily married everything is a-okay!

We were going to get our marriage license yesterday (we have 60 days to use it) and the night before I told FH to put his SS card in his wallet and his gave me this little attitude like it was stupid of me to ask because duh...he was going to do it the next day. So....he was late meeting me for no reason...I was pissed. I had only an hour for lunch and he had the whole day off and he had nowhere to be and he couldn't leave a little earlier so we had time to eat too? Well....that's okay because I called him while he was running late and he forgot to get his SS card. Great. So...we'll do it some other time I just don't wanna hear him complain about missing work!

Anyways....so our guest list including me and FH and the three vendors we are feeding at the reception was at 291. But after about 50-something no's....now we are at 240, which is a relief since we were quoted and budgeted for 250 guests. So it will be nice for my parents to save a little money. We are still awaiting 70-something people but that 240 is if everyone else says yes, which we doubt they will.

What are you guys doing for parents gifts? We bought digital frames and stole some picture albums from my parents house and we are going to put pictures of me and my parents on the digital frame from when I was little to when I got with FH to sort of chronicle my life instead of having it spread out in 50 albums. FH is doing the same for his mother.

What did you guys get your BMs? Our colors are purple and silver so we bought them these miniature european style suitcases (they actually look like lunchboxes) and we put these cute luggage tags on them that sort of represent each girl's personality (AnneTaintor.com) and we filled it with purple stuff like bath fizzes from Lush.com and candles from Yankee candle and a candleholder from there and a thank you note and I got them each a different Vera Bradley Sunglass case. I spent about $60/person probably.  A little more than I wanted to but I think it's worth it!

Future Mrs. Bowman

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 11:27 AM Go to message in response to: Pegah

I am having my BMs necklaces custom-made by a local shop and I got them a pair of earrings to go with. I'm not sure what else I'm getting them yet. I'd like to get them a little something more, but I know for sure when we get the wedding pictures that I'm going to buy a frame for each of them and my personal attendant and put a pic of us in it. So the picture frame and jewelry might be it...but we'll see.

So I STILL haven't heard from my aunt about those extra relatives. It really kind of irritates me, but oh well. The guest list is gettng big enough as it is!

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Ryanne, I think you've done more than enough.  You bough the extra invites and your aunt still hasn't given you the address, that's on her.  Did you print the invitations yet?  Because if you haven't then maybe you can return them and get your money back.

Pegah,  I totally agree with you, it's the marriage that counts.  I guess I just wish that people would see that way too and be a little more understanding to respect the plans/choices that the bride and groom have made. 

Anywoo, I'm giving my girls a tote with flipflops for the reception, an engraved photo album and a disposable camera(?).  I think most of them have digital cameras already but, I'm trying to make up a theme. :P  My girls are wearing gold shoes and the flipflops I got are gold with a rhinestone flower in the middle.  The GM are just getting an engraved key chain/bottle opener since FH didn't seem too interested in picking anything.  If he doesn't care about what he's giving his guys I'm not going to sweat over it either.  As a matter of fact, I'm the one who picked those for them since I know they are all beer drinkers.   

Posted: Jun 3, 2008 6:43 PM Go to message in response to: Noviesita

Hey girls!

So the groomsmen situation has FINALLY been resolved--thank God! The BM won't be coming to the wedding, as he and his wife are moving across the country on July 8th or 9th. Let me add that that is 4-5 days before she is due to have her baby. Crazy? Yep. Oh well, he's the one being a moron and she's the one being absolutely ridiculous, so its their loss. So...since we're pretty much sure that our other Marine GM won't be home either, although he's trying everything to get home--bless his heart! If he does make it, we'll put two guys to one girl and be lopsided. But since we aren't sure, FH asked his cousin to step in. So that's taken care of and I'm happy. Now all they need to do is get their butts to the tux shop before June 12!

We decided though, that we're going to still list the two Marines as honorary GMs, with their rank and branch, that way people will know they're in the service. We're also getting them GM gifts--unless FH has changed his mind after the whole thing with his BM and I don't know it. lol. Anyway, we figured its the least we could do.

And the BMs dresses came in today!! We're going to pick them up tomorrow and I am SO excited!! I'll finally get to see how they look! The only thing I'm frustrated with is the fact that my younger sisters (the jr. bms) won't match the bms at ALL. We found them Easter dresses to wear in our colors, but that's eactly what they are--Easter dresses. I wanted them in something closer to what the bms have. :( I couldn't afford to buy them the type of dresses I wanted, and my parents refused to help, so I didn't really have a choice. So I'm going to take the dresses over to them tomorrow and have them try them on and if my mom absolutely hates them, maybe we can rush order other dresses that I won't have to pay for! lol. We'll see. It would be SO awesome if that happened, but if it doesn't, oh well. It won't be the end of the world--or my sanity!

What else?? I don't know. It's a waiting game now! lol.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine