I'm back! Wedding went great! Pictures!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 15

uno Posts : 619 Registered: 1/4/08
I'm back! Wedding went great! Pictures!
Posted: May 29, 2008 12:11 PM

No MAJOR problems.  My 21 year old sister cried at the hair salon b/c the girl who did her hair made it all poofy and didn't follow the picture my sister had shown her.  My mom took her to a nearby beauty school and they fixed it for free (and a good tip from my mom).  Crisis over, hair looked fantastic.

Next, I was at the church getting some things together while mom went to get all of our dresses.  Mom calls, her dress isn't zipping.  Well, the zipper part goes up but the whole zipper itself isn't clasping to the other side and it's got a huge gaping whole.  When she bought the dress from DB, the zipper wasn't going all the way up (it was really tough and hard to do but we thought if mom had her underthings on it'd be better), so 2 mo. before the wedding it still wouldn't work and they wouldn't replace it when she called, so mom had an alterations lady put a new zipper on.  I told mom, just bring it here and we'll figure it out.  So she shows up in this short black (slightly revealing for church) dress and brings her other dress with her.  She gets in it and we slowly zipped her up, safety pinning every inch or so.  Crisis over.

Lastly, I didn't want an aisle runner, or I wanted it to be safely taped down before hand (our church allows it).  I posted a few months ago about my uncle (who's 30 and a smart ass) who is an usher, reassuring me that he's in charge and will get it laid just before the procession without any problems.  So, as they are pulling it down the aisle the cord wrapped around the cardboard thing inside and it got stuck.  Then it ripped.  So I have 3/4 of an aisle runner down, and it's only taped at the start.  So I worry about pulling it with me as I walk up the aisle.  I don't know if someone straightened it after I got to the front, but it was fine during mass.  Then during communion, we sat and watched people try and fix it, get caught in it, etc.  Thankfully someone at the back (where the aisle runner stopped) held it down and straightened it out!

Other than that, we had an absolutely beautiful day.  It was sunny and about 75 so we got lovely outside pictures!  The reception was great and we had a blast!  We left the next morning at 6 am for Jamaica (Ocho Rios) and LOVED IT!!  The beach was really short but the weather there was to die for.  We were lazy pretty much the whole time -eating, drinking & sitting on the beach or at the pool every day.  Here's a few pictures -

My DH and nephew before the wedding

My bridesmaids & me.  The three to the left are my sisters. 

Our first dance

Me & DH

Hope these post ok

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: I'm back! Wedding went great! Pictures!
Posted: May 29, 2008 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: uno

Congratulations! It sounds like everything went really well, and those little 'hiccups' are no big deal at all! I can't see the photos, but that's fairly normal when I use my work computer, so I'll look again from home later!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

I like the flowers, so I'm keeping my useless ticker. Just married, 4/26/08!

KatharineC Posts : 940 Registered: 2/6/08
Posted: May 29, 2008 12:45 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

I can see the pictures, and they're lovely! I especially like the one of you and your BMs. Can you post one of your dress in full length? I'd love to see what it looks like; I love seeing dresses! :-)

When is my wedding

On October 31st 2008 I marry my One True Love!

Posted: May 29, 2008 12:55 PM Go to message in response to: KatharineC

Of course! I love looking at our pics.  We don't have our prof. pics yet so this might be a little fuzzy. 

Here's it bustled from the back. 

Jen415 Posts : 255 Registered: 3/7/07
Posted: May 29, 2008 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: uno

Congratulations Uno!  You looked fabulous...I love your dress.  Glad to hear you handled the mishaps with poise and grace and just went with the flow.  I hope your day was everything you ever imagined!

May 24, 2008
Daisypath Ticker

Posted: May 29, 2008 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: Jen415

Thanks!  I loved the dress too - I got it at DB for $350 and had about $100 of alterations done to it (it was still too big in the top, but it stayed up!)  I'm glad the planning is over and we've had several comments on the personal touches we added. 

How'd your wedding go?!? I hadn't been on here since before my wedding so maybe I missed an update post about yours.  Are you guys going on a honeymoon? 

KatharineC Posts : 940 Registered: 2/6/08
Posted: May 29, 2008 3:06 PM Go to message in response to: uno

Beautiful, thanks for posting it!

When is my wedding

On October 31st 2008 I marry my One True Love!

Lorilee Posts : 437 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: May 29, 2008 3:12 PM Go to message in response to: KatharineC

That dress is absolutely gorgeous. Looks like your day turned out to be fantastic! Congrats!

Lori & Bob
October 11, 2008

Noviesita Posts : 381 Registered: 6/18/07
Posted: May 29, 2008 3:48 PM Go to message in response to: uno

Congratulations!  You looked beautiful and I love your bouquet.  Glad to hear you had a blast.  Thanks for sharing your pics!

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: May 29, 2008 4:22 PM Go to message in response to: uno

Congrats!  You guys make a beautiful couple!  Glad to see that everything went well!  Welcome to the club!

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 29, 2008 4:48 PM Go to message in response to: uno

Congrats!! I am glad your day went so well. You look beautiful.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

Love2u Posts : 1,661 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: May 29, 2008 6:10 PM Go to message in response to: uno

Your dress looked stunning on you.  I agree with the PP, you and your HUSBAND look great together.

Congratulations!  I'm glad your day was great.

Love2uKiss

lmc07 Posts : 271 Registered: 1/4/07
Posted: May 29, 2008 6:53 PM Go to message in response to: uno

Congrats!! You and your husband look beautiful together...thanks for sharing these pics!!!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: May 29, 2008 10:12 PM Go to message in response to: uno

What lovely pics!!!  Beautiful!!!  Congrats!!!

luvmygemini Posts : 737 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: May 30, 2008 10:57 AM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Congrats! glad you had a great day,you and your dh look so cute together! You looked lovely...Best Wishes

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine