NWR: Worst two days ever, WE WIN!!!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 22

futuremrsperry Posts : 1,904 Registered: 4/23/06
Re: NWR: Worst two days ever, WE WIN!!!
Posted: May 20, 2008 6:39 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Yup you win.  How awful!  Things will bounce back soon.  Don't worry!!

allbusiness Posts : 106 Registered: 7/17/07
Posted: May 20, 2008 9:22 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

yikes!  lesson learned about the mattress, i guess.  that's awful.  i'm nearly 100% certain they can't make your FH sign a non-compete clause AFTER the fact.  that's typically something done upon hiring, and even then is not always totally binding.  very smart of him to not agree to anything.  stick w/ your lawyers and don't let yourselves be intimidated by your FH's "friends."  so sorry for you guys!!  best of luck!

Ashleyl525 Posts : 1,590 Registered: 12/27/06
Posted: May 21, 2008 11:42 AM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

wow...i'm soo sorry this is happening Cyndi...

I hope it all works out...I am the queen of the job hunt so if you need any help on online resources pm me and I will hook ya up...

sorry again...

Ashley

Linny-Swanna will chop up the competition.
Sending Love to my Wormies!
Check out my new BLOG
http://thelifeofafutureswann.blogspot.com/

One Day I Will Be Famous But I Plan To Be A Nice Celebrity - Bodaxia Lacroix

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: May 21, 2008 2:52 PM Go to message in response to: allbusiness

Thanks everyone.  No, they can't make him sign it.  but, the threat is that if he doesn't sign, and sell back his shares for their ridiculous offer, they will make sure there's corporate tax liability for him, and they will restructure their salaries so his shares are effectively worthless.  WE're looking into various lawyers, so we'll see what happens.  thanks again everyone for your thoughts.

EveT2007 Posts : 1,949 Registered: 8/31/06
Posted: May 21, 2008 3:09 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Hi, Cyndi --  What Todd's (former) employers are trying to pull sounds absolutely despicable.  "the threat is that if he doesn't sign, and sell back his shares for their ridiculous offer, they will make sure there's corporate tax liability for him, and they will restructure their salaries so his shares are effectively worthless. "  WTF?  Can they truly do this and get away with it?  I am really glad you are talking to lawyers. 

Anyway, hang in there.  I really hope your spate of bad luck is over now.

"When Women Vote, We All Win!"

EveT

Posted: May 21, 2008 3:11 PM Go to message in response to: EveT2007

I'm not sure.  And thanks.  The way they ahve gone about this just has us stunned....he thought these guys were his friends.  Kids birthday parties, our wedding, etc.  He has worked with them for 17 years and partnered with them for the past 5.  It is just surreal.  So, we'll keep people updated with what we find out.  

Re: NWR: Worst two days ever, WE WIN!!! UPDATE
Posted: May 28, 2008 1:38 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

So, we saw an attorney last Friday, and will hire him officially soon.  He's already phoned the attorney for DH's partners and let them know that DH will not accept their joke of an offer.  He's asked for a valuation of the company, will demand severance in order to settle also.  The senior partner, majority shareholder, has a fiduciary duty to protect the interests of the minority shareholders, and so, the threat to restructure salaries to squeeze out DH would be illegal come to find out.  Which makes sense tome.  Only, corporate law was my absolute worst subject in law school and I've done absolutely nothing in it since.  Which is why we're hiring the attorney that we are.  He sued my previouis employers and took that case up to the supreme court, he's pretty much a shark and DH likes him and my former boss hates him...so he's hired.  :)

Anyway, things look much better on that front and we are hoping to at least get back DH's investment plus some severance.  

As far as my search goes, I've sent out some targeted letters and resumes, and am working with an attorney employment firm probably.  They assist with the letter writing and also have access to many more contacts than I could find online or advertised.  I'm also thinking of switching careers since I've been forced out of work right now.  I'd like to try teaching at a university if that would be possible.  Even if to start it is only part time as an adjunct.  That was always my favorite part of each job, teaching and training people.  So, we'll see if anything pans out.  

My mom and her husband were here over memorial day, and that was really nice.  They took us out to eat downtown to our favorite restaurant, where we had our first date, and we also took the kids.  We planted the flower bulbs I had that needed to be planted soon, and hung out around the house.  It was very nice having her here even if it was only for a few days.

So, now we are fully into the job hunt.  DH has also applied a few places and has gotten calls back from most of them, so hopefully things will pan out soon.  

Thanks to all of you for your support and good wishes.  I'll keep you posted with anything new, especially with the prior patners!  THey absolutely disgust me.  Our attorney says he gets about 4-5 cases per year just like this, I guess it's not at all uncommon but it is just sooooo unbelievably sleezy!! 

Love2u Posts : 1,661 Registered: 10/24/07
Re: NWR: Worst two days ever, WE WIN!!! UPDATE
Posted: May 28, 2008 1:45 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Cyndi - I'm glad things are calming down (at least for the time-being) and that you had a good weekend.  I'm sure with your experience and qualifications you'll find a position that you love. 
Love2uKiss

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine