My Wedding....5.24.08

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 16

Jen415 Posts : 255 Registered: 3/7/07
My Wedding....5.24.08
Posted: May 27, 2008 12:22 PM

It was so much fun but I am so glad it's over!  The day went well...poured rain all day Friday and Saturday morning.  Then the sun came out and it was gorgeous for the rest of the day!  No major mishaps (that I've heard of anyway) so things went surprisingly well.  I had a family friend take the pictures and here are the first "round" as he called them...there's a ton to sort through, but I'm at work and haven't had a chance to yet...but wanted to share!

Hope all the other May brides' days have went well....and those of you with weddings this week/weekend, cherish the day.  It really does go by so fast, but it will be wonderful!

I deleted the link because DH doesn't like his picture on the Internet anyway.  But if you'd like to look, just PM me!

May 24, 2008
Daisypath Ticker

Message was edited by: Jen415

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: My Wedding....5.24.08
Posted: May 27, 2008 12:32 PM Go to message in response to: Jen415

Glad to hear your day went well, though I'm totally amazed that you didn't take some time off to recupurate! I can't see your photos from my work computer, but I'll look later from home!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

I like the flowers, so I'm keeping my useless ticker. Just married, 4/26/08!

Posted: May 27, 2008 12:57 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

It was definitely a good thing that we got married over the holiday weekend...having yesterday off to rest up was fabulous!

A couple of my favorite highlights:

My two best friends from college came back for the wedding...they live in Boston and Omaha.  Not only did they come back for the wedding, but they showed up at my parent's house Saturday morning and cooked us all a surprise breakfast!  It was so great...and it really made the day special to have my two best friends there since they haven't been around (email only) during the planning process, showers and parties.

My husband (hehe) was not excited about the church wedding...at all.  But he made the day so special for me by being a trooper with all the church's requirements and all the pictures I wanted/people thought I needed.  And seeing the look on his face in the pictures makes all the stress/pre-marital disputes worth it! Wink

The RB and FG were hubby's niece and nephew...they've been calling me "Aunt Jennifer" for a year or two now and the FG was so so excited to be in the "weddin."  Her excitement definitely carried through to everyone else involved...those kids are precious.

My biggest wedding fear for as long as I can remember was walking down the aisle of an empty church.  So when the ushers came downstairs and said they needed more chairs, I definitely teared up.  To think that all those people came to share our special day with us just takes my breath away.

As more comes back to me, I'll post more updates...until people get tired of hearing from me!

May 24, 2008
Daisypath Ticker

Iheartweddings Posts : 645 Registered: 7/23/07
Posted: May 27, 2008 1:15 PM Go to message in response to: Jen415

Your dress, hair and makeup looked flawless, and I loved your flowers! Best wishes! :) 

When is my wedding
SmileSee our wedding pictures at: http://josephmark.com/RyanandJennifer

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: May 27, 2008 1:25 PM Go to message in response to: Jen415

Congrats!!!  I'll have to take a look at home later too!

CaribbeanBride08 Posts : 1,474 Registered: 6/13/07
Posted: May 27, 2008 1:29 PM Go to message in response to: Jen415

Very pretty!  I love your dress, flowers, and BM's dresses.  Everything looked beautiful!  Congrats!
Daisypath Anniversary Years Ticker

Married 4/21/08 at Sandals Grande St. Lucian Spa & Beach Resort

Slideshow of our wedding photos: 

http://s199.photobucket.com/albums/aa135/tobiandbrian/Wedding%20Photos/?action=view¤t=cb216606.pbr

10042008Bride Posts : 82 Registered: 9/11/07
Posted: May 27, 2008 2:22 PM Go to message in response to: Jen415

You looked gorgeous Jen.  I loved your dress!

BrideChica Posts : 2,300 Registered: 12/25/06
Posted: May 27, 2008 6:39 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

Wow! You looked beautiful!  I'm glad everything turned out well!  Congrats!

Love2u Posts : 1,661 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: May 27, 2008 6:54 PM Go to message in response to: Jen415

Lovely photos!  You were glowing and your dress fit you perfectly~  The detail on the dress was beautiful.
Love2uKiss

LochNessie Posts : 1,631 Registered: 4/2/07
Posted: May 27, 2008 8:18 PM Go to message in response to: Love2u

Jen,

Beautiful wedding!  You're gorgeous.  I love the photos of you and DH underneath the tree.

Congrats!

-Ness

Check out my work bridal blog: http://vclarke.encblogs.com.  I also need to come up with a name for it!  Who wants to help? 

Oh baby don't it feel like Heaven right now? Don't it feel like something from a dream? - Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: May 27, 2008 11:44 PM Go to message in response to: Jen415

I was checking out the pics!  First, I have to say that you looked so lovely!  Secondly, what is it with everyone of your friends/family having the most gorgeous blue eyes???  That was the first thing that popped out at me. 

You looked like a perfect, beautiful, wonderful, and blessed bride.  CONGRATS!

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

deansbride Posts : 220 Registered: 3/24/08
Posted: May 28, 2008 1:37 AM Go to message in response to: Jen415

SOOOO Pretty! You can tell thoughout the pics that those kids really love you alot! You are absolutely gorgeous! Congrats!!!

Posted: May 28, 2008 10:22 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Thank you all for such wonderful comments!  I felt so great on Saturday and my alterations lady did a fabulous job with the dress.  I'm glad it was her and not me that had to remove all of the beading on the lace top to make the straps shorter and then put it all back on!

Mushaboo...the blue eyes...funny!  I never thought about it before, but you're so right!  It is definitely a common trait!

May 24, 2008
Daisypath Ticker

RoBelle Posts : 1,236 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 28, 2008 10:33 AM Go to message in response to: Jen415

You looked so beautiful!  Congratulations on your day!!!

luvmygemini Posts : 737 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: May 28, 2008 10:41 AM Go to message in response to: Jen415

Jen you looked great, I love the neckline of your dress! that little ring bearer was adorable...glad you had a perfect day,everythng looked lovely the floating cake was nice don't see that too much :) Congrats thanks for sharing

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine