Anyone getting a dress from Davids Bridal?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 51

mainstdancer08 Posts : 140 Registered: 3/27/08
Anyone getting a dress from Davids Bridal?
Posted: May 27, 2008 7:00 PM

I am thinking of getting my wedding dress at Davids Bridal in fall 2009 and I already have one picked out that I want.I really hope by the time I start to dress shop they have the dress I want.

Anyone else getting or got their dress from Davids Bridal? 

Brian & Kristina -4- EVER starting Fall,2010

Message was edited by: futuremrsg2010

Love2u Posts : 1,661 Registered: 10/24/07
Re: Anyone getting a dress from Davids Bridal?
Posted: May 27, 2008 7:05 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I got my dress at David's and had a very good experience and the dress was a great price.  Many women around here have had lousy experiences.  I think alot of it has to do with the sales assistant assigned to you. 

Other than the dress however, I haven't purchased anything else from DB's.  Their accessories are generally 1.5 to 3x more expensive than I've found elsewhere. 

Love2uKiss

MrsTaraschi Posts : 190 Registered: 10/11/07
Posted: May 27, 2008 7:48 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

i actually ordered mine online from davids bridal and it fits perfect except for the length and I will just take it to a local tailor for the alteration!  Good luck!

Stevesbride Posts : 79 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: May 27, 2008 7:58 PM Go to message in response to: MrsTaraschi

I also had a wonderul experiece at DB's.  I picked out one dress but had second thoughts and they were very nice and kind about letting me exchange it to get a different dress. ..Which dress did you pick out?

HappyGirl13 Posts : 1,298 Registered: 4/21/08
Posted: May 27, 2008 8:15 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

Got my dress from David's Bridal, too, as well as my shoes (I'm in the Los Angeles area). I actually didn't go to any other bridal salons so I don't have a lot of basis for comparison when it come to bridal salons.

In terms of general customer service, though, my experience was that 1) half the time it was a zoo, 2) my salesperson was great, 3) the alterations people were absolutely wonderful and were flexible as much as they could be (David's corporate has these sort of inflexible scheduling rules--1st fittings are allowed on certain days of the week, 2nd fittings on other days) and 4) counter help was sometimes good and sometimes not. Also got my shoes (which were pretty comfy) for around $45. Plus both my DH and I absolutely loved my dress. Hope that helps!

mainstdancer08 Posts : 140 Registered: 3/27/08
Posted: May 27, 2008 8:16 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

Here is the link to the dress that I would like to have for my wedding.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/bridal_gowns_detail.jsp?sfc=164&sp=sales&pid=3280

Brian & Kristina -4- EVER starting Fall,2010

kroberts Posts : 443 Registered: 7/30/07
Posted: May 27, 2008 8:44 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

Very pretty dress!

I do like DB because they have a nice selection in various sizes to try on vs. a size 10 sample (That I personally don't fit it). Overall, I'm one of those that had a bad experience at DB. It was my first night dress shopping. None of the dresses made me say, "WOW! I'll take it!" and instead of getting space and time to make a decision, I got, "The sale ends tonight. I can't guarantee they'll extend the sale. If you like this dress you should put money on it now to keep the sale price. Etc. etc." There was suddenly a lot of pressure to buy that night when the only thing I said about any of the dresses I tried on was, "It's a nice dress. I do like it, but..."

April 4, 2009 is the big day!

FinallyMrsF Posts : 285 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: May 27, 2008 9:12 PM Go to message in response to: kroberts

I got my dress from DB and I love it. I had great luck with the sales people and I also got my BM dresses there. The only thing making me nervous now is that my first fittinh isn't until sept 4 and my wedding is 10/25

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
imghttp://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;23;25/st/20081025/e/Till+Happily+Ever+After/k/ab33/event.png[/img]
[/url]

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: May 27, 2008 9:59 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I got mine at DB's and I had a great time with a great Sale Person.

I suggest NOT going on the weekend, if possible.  If you have to go on the weekend, make an appointment!  (Do that for a weekday too.)  definitely DON'T go on a holiday weekend - CRAZY Insane times!!!!

Good luck!!

lilly295 Posts : 28 Registered: 1/2/08
Posted: May 27, 2008 10:25 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I got my dress from David's and I'm really happy with it.  I had to go on a Saturday, which was very busy, so if you could avoid weekends like other people said that would be best.  Definitely make an appointment so you're sure to have a fitting room and a consultant to help you.

I've heard of people having a really bad experience at David's, but mine was ok. I was pressured a bit to buy a slip that I didn't want cause I thought it looked better without it, but my mom helped me get her to stop bugging me about it. So if you're the type of person (like me) that can get swayed by pressure, it helps to have an outspoken person come with you so you can be sure you won't get stuck buying something that you regret later.

Good luck! The dress you picked is beautiful!

KristylovesPete Posts : 301 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: May 27, 2008 10:52 PM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

Like many people, I've heard the horror stories of David's Bridal but because Boise is a small town I didn't have very many options of Bridal Salons.

I made an appointment for a Friday afternoon and it was a really great time!  I showed my associate the dress  I most liked along with a few others that were similar.   My assosiate listened to what my mom and I were saying about how we were really wanting something that could be worn again and wouldn't look like a wedding dress.  After the 2nd dress, she took me to my dressing room and told me that she would be right back with a dress she thinks I'll like.  Saying that, she told me it wouldn't hurt her feelings if I didn't like the dress she pulled.  Turns out it was a tea length $99 dress ($400 dollars off the original price!)!  It was one size too big (the smallest they had) and it had a satin sash I didn't like but other than that it looked great!  Even better, she grabbed an alterations lady to find out if getting the sash out was possible without damaging the dress (it's really sewn in there, especially in the zipper area).  It was a doable alteration!  

Even better, the dress I initially went in for was the dress for me, so I my mom said I shoulld get both!  One for the ceremony, the more formal one, and one for the reception, a backyard BBQ in the following day.

I would agree that it depends on the Associate and time of your appointment!    Good luck with whatever you choose!  :-)

I Love my Peter Pete Pete

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: May 27, 2008 10:55 PM Go to message in response to: KristylovesPete

Hey Kristy I'm so glad to hear that you had some luck and found your dress(es)!!!   I know you had been worried!

KristylovesPete Posts : 301 Registered: 3/2/08
Posted: May 27, 2008 11:47 PM Go to message in response to: PharmToxGirl

PharmToxGirl-

Thanks so much!  I was so excited to find a dress!  My mom was shocked that I went with a long dress after me going on and on about wanting a short one! 

The dress I'm wearing to the ceremony is a lace mermaid cut so it can be altered later so that it's trimmed right below the part that goes out (if that makes sense).  I LOVE it! 

Thanks so much for your support!  As always, you're awesome and give great advice!  Thanks!  :-)

I Love my Peter Pete Pete

TheNewMrsJ Posts : 754 Registered: 1/6/08
Posted: May 28, 2008 3:06 AM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

my experience there was so-so... first time we went in just to look around and see what styles there were, as I wasn't really sure what I wanted, even though I knew what I didn't want. Second time, we went back and tried stuff on and I made the mistake of wanting to try on this one:

and OMG i think they get some type of commission or something for selling that particular dress. Although it fit alright, I wasn't really too wild about how it looked on me - one of the other ones I tried on there looked better, not to mention I have seen more girls in that exact dress too. But the sales lady kept pushing the dress and insisting I try on all these different overpriced accessories - i think she even marked down on my info sheet that i had chose that dress, when i preferred another i tried on better.

I had been engaged for maybe a month or 2 at the most and she seemed annoyed that I really hadn't put too much thought into what I wanted to do with my hair or what accessories I wanted... to be honest, she didn't really seem very friendly, even if she was a bit helpful with all the dresses and finding ones that met my criteria.

We ended up going back to this place we visited before we went to David's that day and bought this other dress I liked better and looked better in too.  and it was at a much better price!

September 13, 2008 *~
Rachel & Josh

Message was edited by: TheFutureMrsJ

butterflybride08 Posts : 70 Registered: 1/19/08
Posted: May 28, 2008 10:05 AM Go to message in response to: mainstdancer08

I got mine from Davids Bridal and had a great experience. As PP said, really try to go on a weekday. I went on a Saturday the first time and they were swamped. My consultant was managing like 3 brides so I didn't get a lot of attention, but it wasn't really her fault. I went back on a Tuesday morning and she was awesome. I couldn't decide between two so I tried them on like 3 times lol and she didn't give me any trouble!! I found their selection much more broad for my budgeted amount then a couple other places I went. And I LOVE my dress!
Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypathWedding Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine