Confessions

Online Users: 1,248 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 5,863

Wunderbride Posts : 41 Registered: 1/17/08
Re: Confessions
Posted: May 23, 2008 8:13 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

Confession: My FH and I are virgins (thats not the confession I'm aiming at) and we desire to save sex for marriage as God intended it to be.  My FH can't wait and seems very excited however the closer the wedding date is, the more scared I get.  I do desire to be with my FH in a close intimate way and I recognize that it is a beautiful thing but I can't help but feel scared.  Is that normal?  I don't wanna be this wife that never wants to do it.  I wanna please my husband in many ways including intamacy but at the same time, I'm scared.

July 5, 2008 Laughing I'd rather die like Christ than live unholy.

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: May 23, 2008 10:08 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

Because I am home alone tonight with nothing to do I will make some confessions. 

1. I confess that I don't want to move to where FH's job has relocated him.  I love my friends.  I love my job.  I love my secret backroad drive to work.  I confess mostly every good thing I say about moving is a lie.

2. I confess that some of those "uncomfortable" parts of life have caused me to keep some of my friendships at a distance.   Resulting from my actions some of those friendships have even dissolved.....and that makes me sad.

3. I confess I check this site every day.  I like a lot of people on here and talk about you guys as if I knew you in person.  I also confess I wish more of you lived near me because I don't have nearly enough girlfriends or couple friends.

4. I confess that I don't want 2 of my BMs to be my BMs.  I only asked them as I have a very limited number of GFs.  We're not that close so I don't feel I'll get the whole Bride and BMs experience because we aren't close.

5. I confess that I don't want to buy my FH the ring he wants me to buy.  I just know he'll lose it, and I hate for him to lose something that cost $1200 because I can't afford to replace it.  Also, I know he'll change his mind about it once he gets it.  That annoys me.

Ok, I'm done for now.  Those were pretty deep.  lmao  Leave a girl alone all day and see what happens.

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

Abc12345678 Posts : 272 Registered: 2/25/07
Posted: May 27, 2008 9:23 PM Go to message in response to: HappyGirl13

Granttobe Posts : 9 Registered: 2/8/08
Posted: May 28, 2008 1:37 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Kelley - You know.....its hard to say why I don't post that often. I think a lot of times its too much work and eventually some one will voice my opinion ( or similar). I think there are all types on here - some post, some don't.

Or..

Maybe I'm more of a "voyeur" than I realized!

Is almost like gossip. We all like it (no matter what the moral highground is) I mean...who doesn't like to hear some juicy tidbit now and again? There are gossipers and gossipees ( yeah I just made that term up.) The gossipers do it...the gossipees just like to hear it, but rarely contribute.

Thats my psyco analysis....anyone else?

Granttobe Posts : 9 Registered: 2/8/08
Posted: May 28, 2008 1:38 PM Go to message in response to: Granttobe

Wow ...I need to use spell check!

CyclistLover Posts : 1,183 Registered: 7/9/07
Posted: May 28, 2008 5:21 PM Go to message in response to: Abc12345678

I'm with you KcRenee!! I love my bed and my shower.  I think I love my shower more.  We were away for the weekend and the shower there wasn't very good, not like home.  the first shower after I got home was pure HEAVEN!!!

Happiness is a puppy greeting you at the door

AND

Llama Jjamas

JodiMarie Posts : 185 Registered: 3/5/07
Posted: May 28, 2008 10:42 PM Go to message in response to: katiemae1985

eehhh, well I took $1200 out of the money we received at the wedding, with my husband's permission to buy a professional camera. The rest went into the bank. He is still complaining that he didn't get to buy anything with money.

I am starting a photography business though so it was more of an investment that will pay for itself 10 times over. I just don't think that is what my guests had in mind when they gave it to us.

I confess. 

Wedding will be Sept 29, 2007, only 6 months to go!! 

Please take a look at my albums for my wedding ideas!

JodiMarie Posts : 185 Registered: 3/5/07
Posted: May 28, 2008 10:56 PM Go to message in response to: JodiMarie

oh, I though of another one, but maybe this belongs in the sex thread so I'll have to go check over there.

I confess that I don't enjoy sex as much as my husband. I don't know I do like it and enjoy being close with my husband and he isn't doing anything wrong, it's just not all I thought it would be though. Some parts of it are down right a little gross. Please don't ask me to kiss it or suck it, you pee out of that right? In general I think sex is more enjoyable for the man than the women.

I have learned that my desire for sex is largely controlled by my emotions and mood. If I am very engrossed in something else or worried about something else don't make me stop to have sex it irritates me. instead of thinking about my husband I'm usually worrying about whatever it is I'm worrying about sex is like ok, lets just get it done, so I can go back to what I was doing.I'm trying not to be this way but sometimes I can't help it.

I also get irritated when my husband says well I'm hoping to get some tonight. That is the fastest way to turn me off and the easiest way not to get some. Frankly, I'm not bought into the whole men are raging bags of hormones that they cannot control so they just can't help it. I'm not a piece of meat. I enjoy sex when I've had time to flirt with him and when its fun, otherwise I'm not that interested. 

Wedding will be Sept 29, 2007, only 6 months to go!! 

Please take a look at my albums for my wedding ideas!

KatharineC Posts : 940 Registered: 2/6/08
Posted: May 29, 2008 2:04 AM Go to message in response to: JodiMarie

Jodimarie, you're not alone. I feel the same way...I always enjoy it once it's happening (well, mostly) but I never really feel like I want it as much as he does! And I have a really strong gag refelex, so well...

When is my wedding

On October 31st 2008 I marry my One True Love!

MrsReno Posts : 314 Registered: 12/21/07
Posted: May 29, 2008 3:36 AM Go to message in response to: Wunderbride

Wunderbride, 

What exactly are you scared about? Are you scared about it hurting, not likeing it, not being good,  or just because you have never done it?? Maybe if we know more we can help you out.

My FH and I have been intimate for two years and sometimes I still feel scared/nervous when we are, but I am guessing it is for different reasons than yours. 

I admire your decision to wait until your wedding day. 

♥Defy Gravitry♥

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 29, 2008 12:32 PM Go to message in response to: MrsReno

I confess that I love gifts sent months after the wedding.

Not gifts that were on the registry.  That's annoying, because by now, it's the gifts that I really don't care that much about anymore.  But checks?  Checks are awesome.

Since it's more than 6 months after the wedding, we're not expecting anything else.  So when some wayward guest sends us a check it's like Yippee!  There's a hundred bucks we weren't expecting.  It's like a continual Christmas.

The only problem is Thank You notes.  I have been woefully rude to late gift-givers regarding Thank You's.  See, I'm done with those.  They were finished up months ago.  I don't even remember where I stored the stationary.  And so someone who sent us a gift in February is just now getting her Thank You. 

Yeah, February.  I know that's bad. But it wasn't a check.  Checks get thank you's right away because I feel guilty about depositing it.

Habsfan1282 Posts : 146 Registered: 5/28/08
Posted: May 29, 2008 5:40 PM Go to message in response to: katiemae1985

His parents don't know we moved away just for the hell of it.  We hated the midwest.  We packed up our stuff and moved to Montana because it sounded like a good idea.  We didn't have any job prospects or know anyone.  His mom thought we left because he got a job.  She would freak out if she knew we just came and figured it couldn't be any worse than it was in Ohio.   We didn't exactally have enough gas money to turn around and go back if it didn't work out.

Wunderbride Posts : 41 Registered: 1/17/08
Posted: May 29, 2008 7:19 PM Go to message in response to: MrsReno

SoonToBeMrsReno,

I think I'm just afraid because its my first time.  Sex is something very beautiful yet very serious.  I'm also scared that I won't please my husband to be our first time.  Its something very new to both of us.  I don't need any specific help just encouragement.

July 5, 2008 Laughing I'd rather die like Christ than live unholy.

CyndixRichie Posts : 70 Registered: 10/22/07
Posted: May 29, 2008 7:57 PM Go to message in response to: Wunderbride

Imagine the pressure he's feeling to please you too!! Since neither of you have anything else to compare it to I'm sure pleasing each other won't be the hard part :) My suggestion: don't take it so seriously and have fun, enjoy each other and this step in your relationship that you have decided to take together. Relax, have fun, hang on (if necessary;) and enjoy the ride. 

p.s.  so what if you  don't please each other how you are expecting or hoping. just think of how many more times you get to practice to get it right!  when in doubt just keep trying!

"Reach out and open the door that no one thought could be opened. Life is behind it! We don't have an eternity to realize our dreams only the time we are here. If you risk nothing then you risk everything"

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: May 29, 2008 9:03 PM Go to message in response to: Wunderbride

Grant,thank you for explaining your lurking ways LOL. I was just curious thats all. There are definately many days when I only feel like reading,and not posting. So thats what I do.:)

Im the opposite of the couple of girls that confessed not being as into sex as their hubbys. Inmy marriage, HES the one whos not that into it. Weird huh? But true. He IS into it when we do it, but we dont have that much sex. Id like more. He is happy with once a week or so. He is not a typical guy who thinks about sex all the time. In fact, I wish he would think about it a bit MORE to be honest. Hes very indifferent about it ....

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine