NWR: Worst two days ever, WE WIN!!!

Online Users: 1,310 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 22

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
NWR: Worst two days ever, WE WIN!!!
Posted: May 20, 2008 12:09 PM

Hey everyone,  So, Todd and I bought our house last week, and then, I got fired.  I called Todd, and ONE HOUR after Icalled him, HE GOT FIRED!!  His partners dissolved the corporation, eliminated him, and want him to take 10,000 AND agree to a 2 year non compete clause.  HE paid 45,000 to buy in, and made the LAST payment just 4 months ago.  

Let's see, we also had savings, but had it in cash to deposit Monday, we put it under our mattress.  Our old house had a showing scheduled Friday afternoon, so we had to leave the door unlocked.  The showing was cancelled, but, after we got home an hour later, the MONEY was gone.  I AM NOT KIDDING.

Anyway, we both filed for unemployment this morning, and are looking for work.  SO

WE WIN for worst day, unless, someone can beat that.  But I bet you can't.  Maybe we'll buy a lottery ticket tomorrow.   

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Re: NWR: Worst two days ever, WE WIN!!!
Posted: May 20, 2008 12:16 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Well...ummm... lets see...

My bagel was stale this morning and I couldnt finish it.

OK. I guess you do win.

Im a bit speechless. That is awful. WHy did you lose your job? And is there any way you can find out /proove who took your money and get it back? Damn Cyndi. That is just some BAD luck LOL. Wow. I dont even know what to say except .. at least youve got each other to get through it all.

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

EveT2007 Posts : 1,949 Registered: 8/31/06
Posted: May 20, 2008 12:17 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Dear Cyndi -- This is unbelievable!  I feel terrible for you!

Regarding Todd's corporation, you wrote: "...want him to take 10,000 AND agree to a 2 year non compete clause.  HE paid 45,000 to buy in, and made the LAST payment just 4 months ago."  This sounds like something that might very well be illegal.  I mean, if it were legal, people would go around setting up "buy-in" corporations like this all the time and then go out of business.  I hope Todd is talking to a lawyer before he agrees to anything.  It might even be a matter for your state attorney general.

Again, I am SO sorry to hear about all of this.  I do hope things will get better for you real soon! 

"When Women Vote, We All Win!"

EveT

Posted: May 20, 2008 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Dear Cyndi -- This is unbelievable!  I feel terrible for you!

Regarding Todd's corporation, you wrote: "...want him to take 10,000 AND agree to a 2 year non compete clause.  HE paid 45,000 to buy in, and made the LAST payment just 4 months ago."  This sounds like something that might very well be illegal.  I mean, if it were legal, people would go around setting up "buy-in" corporations like this all the time and then go out of business.  I hope Todd is talking to a lawyer before he agrees to anything.  It might even be a matter for your state attorney general.

Again, I am SO sorry to hear about all of this.  I do hope things will get better for you real soon! 

"When Women Vote, We All Win!"

EveT

Posted: May 20, 2008 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Sorry for the double post.

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 20, 2008 12:20 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Ladies & Gentleman, we have a winner in the WORST 48 HOURS EVER Contest!

So sorry that you won such a dubious prize, Lori.  My heart goes out to you.  That royally SUCKS.

BARACK THE VOTE!  www.barackobama.com

shelsgrl Posts : 164 Registered: 5/31/07
Posted: May 20, 2008 12:23 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

I'm so sorry for you two!  My goodness...EveT is right, there has to be a way for your FH to fight this and at least get some more money.  Was the realtor in your house during the showing time?  I know the buyer didn't show up...maybe you can do something in that direction?  Sending you prayers and good luck for quick job hunts!

"Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or even what you are. Rich is who you have beside you." ~JIK II

Message was edited by: shelsgrl

cyndi33 Posts : 2,585 Registered: 1/3/07
Posted: May 20, 2008 12:26 PM Go to message in response to: MsDenuninani

Yes, thanks everyone.  Kel, sorry about your bagel.  I got fired because the town is 1.4 million in the red, and, he wanted my salary back.  SO...that's life.  They cut 5 other people just like this, blindsided them, within the past 4 weeks.

Anyway EVe, yes we're seeing lawyers and he agreed to nothing.  These guys were his friends, he thought, worked with both of them for 16 years.  So...he had just told them I love my job, and then they immediately told him.  Said if he doesn't take the offer, they will restructure salaries so his shares are worthless AND they will make sure there is a corporate profit so he owes corporate taxes.  Wish I knew corporate law, but don't.  

Our counselor is seeing us last time today, for free.  SO, we're off to talk with him.  THanks everyone for your thoughts.  WE are still in shock, it is all surreal.   

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 20, 2008 12:33 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

I am so sorry you had such a crappy few days!! Although I can try to beat it - In December of 2005, my grandmother passed away. It was especially hard, since she was my last grandparent. On the way from the church to the cemetery, my FH and I were in a car accident that totaled his Civic. The funeral processional had to stop, hearse and all, as FH and I were put on ambulances and sent to the ER. I just had some scrapes and bruises - FH had a concussion, stitches, sprained neck, tons of bumps bruises and scrapes. The EMT's told us if the other driver had hit the fron of the car he would have killed FH and put me in ICU. I guess my point is not that my day was worse, but that I have had one of those days where you say to yourself "Are you f*cking kidding me?"

Hopefully, things will do a 180 for you in the next few days and things will pick up. Eve is right though, something about that sounds fishy to me too.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

Message was edited by: Bride2008

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: May 20, 2008 12:37 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Wow, Cyndi! I'm so sorry! The whole thing is very surreal - I hope you are able to work something out with the lawyers.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

I like the flowers, so I'm keeping my useless ticker. Just married, 4/26/08!

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: May 20, 2008 1:34 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

WOW Cyndi,

That just plain sucks!  Hope things turn around for you guys.  Keep us updated.

Linda 

Linny-Swanna will chop up the competition.

RoBelle Posts : 1,236 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 20, 2008 2:20 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

WOW Cindi. . . I won't even TRY and top that!!  I'm just very sorry to hear how everything is going.  When it rains. . . it definately does pour!!!!

Keep your head up though. . . my belief is a door NEVER closes without leaving a window open.  Good luck to you and your husband both!!!

MrsMcCain Posts : 580 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: May 20, 2008 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Cyndi-

It sounds like you've had a rough couple of days. At least you and FH have eachother and I'm sure things will get better. I believe everything happens for a reason and I hope things work out. It's good that you realize that seeking legal advice is a good idea in your FH's situation. I hope everything works out for you :)

JenlovesDon1 Posts : 217 Registered: 8/6/07
Posted: May 20, 2008 3:12 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcCain

I agree with the other PP's to seek legal advice. My hubby signed one of those for his previous company and we talked to a lawyer and they usually don't stand up well in the eyes of a judge. As it turned out the "no compete" didn't hold up and he got to stay at his current place of employment.

PS. I hope your day gets better!

Married 1 year on 3/10/08

Message was edited by: JenlovesDon1

MrsAWarner Posts : 191 Registered: 2/18/08
Posted: May 20, 2008 5:37 PM Go to message in response to: cyndi33

Wow. Oh man I am really sorry.

I hope you get things straightened out with your DH's stuff-I agree with Eve, it does sound like something is a little sketchy.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine