So it didn't happen....

Online Users: 1,230 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 174

Michelle070508 Posts : 64 Registered: 12/15/07
Re: So it didn't happen....
Posted: May 4, 2008 4:26 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

haha yeah i know my FH didn't want to pop the question until he thought i wasn't expecting it... so it might help if you start to act like you have forgoten all about it or like you don't care when it comes. then maybe he will think he can surpise you and he'll go for it! Wink 

When he says things like "i can still cancel it" (as long as you know he's kidding) just say something like "yeah right buddy you know you don't wanna throw this one back!" Treat it like a joke instead of 'talking about it' that way you get to pretend your still in the dark. you can always play the "i just started to think you were kidding since it never actually happened" card later! LoL

My McDreamy and My McDog ... what else could a girl ask for??

Michelle and Travis 07-05-08!!

Bling3 Posts : 54 Registered: 12/18/07
Posted: May 6, 2008 1:40 PM Go to message in response to: Michelle070508

Don't let it control your life. It will happen when he feels the time is perfect..

FinallyMrsS Posts : 1,035 Registered: 3/29/08
Posted: May 6, 2008 9:52 PM Go to message in response to: Bling3

My life is so controlled by this it is completely pathetic!!! I was doing so good and trying really hard not to think or talk about it with anyone and then last night my bf tells me (without being provoked) that he drove to my parents house yesterday and asked my dad for his permission to marry me. OK WHAT THE HELL??? I told him I didnt want him to talk to me about it at all. He is doing this to drive me nuts!!! I am trying to hard not to let it consume me, but it is hard! I was up almost all night thinking about it.

Michelle070508 Posts : 64 Registered: 12/15/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 4:16 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

did you ask your mom if he came by to talk to your dad?? if they don't know that you know, you could just mention that BF mentioned seeing your dad and you were wondering whats up? Innocent

My McDreamy and My McDog ... what else could a girl ask for??

Michelle and Travis 07-05-08!!

Posted: May 8, 2008 12:42 AM Go to message in response to: Michelle070508

Well here is the thing. My parents live about an hour and 30 min away from us. My bf had an interview about 30 min from my parents house. My dad has been having issues with his internet, so my bf decided to just go over there and fix it. My dad had been calling him about twice a day trying to fix it himself, so he figured it would save everyone the headache if he just did it for him. Plus that way too he was able to ask my dad. (He was originally telling me he was just going to call him.) Knowing my dad he did not tell my mom. When she gets excited she tells people, so I am sure my dad didnt want to risk me finding out. I did call my parents house yesterday just to see if either of them would slip. My dad sounded normal and so did my mom. I think if she knew I would have heard even the slightest bit of excitement in her voice. She has been asking my bf for the last year when he was planning on popping the question. I put my older sister on this one because if my mom knew she would tell her and my sis said that my mom must not know anything. So i guess I am just going to have to wait. My bf keeps making jokes about things a "future wife" should do, but I keep telling him the things would be so much better with a ring on my finger. We are going to my parents house this weekend and they live near the beach so maybe (hopefully) it will happen this weekend. It is so hard knowing that it is coming and not being able to share it with my family and friends.

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: May 8, 2008 1:14 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

well hopefully he will ask this weekend or at least sometime soon. I knew it was coming as well, and i was also consumed by the whole thing for 2 weeks went nuts. 

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

Posted: May 8, 2008 1:21 AM Go to message in response to: coastiebride

I hope he does it this weekend if not sooner! I have been going crazy for over a month! I was convinced though that he was going to do it for our anniversary and then that didnt happen. So now I dont know where the light is at the end of the tunnel. My bday is in june and I am just hoping that he doesn't make me wait until then! I will probably go even crazier! I already have the majority of my wedding planned and I dont even have a ring!!!

flowr Posts : 72 Registered: 3/27/08
Posted: May 8, 2008 4:13 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

haha... keep us in the loop. i hope it happens for you very soon!

too funny your BF told you that he asked permission.. he either loves that it is driving you nuts or he really can't keep a secret :)

i'm hoping my BF asks me at the end of the month! we have a big dinner planned, so i'm crossing my fingers!!

Posted: May 8, 2008 10:54 PM Go to message in response to: flowr

He can keep a secret. He is doing this to drive me nuts!!!! I told him he was driving me nuts and that I was going to go crazy if it didnt happen soon. He just laughs. I hope your bf proposes to you too!!!  You must be getting really antsy too!

Posted: May 13, 2008 9:58 AM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

So, lately i've been bummed out bc i totally thought my BF was going to propose at the end of the month!!! he planned this big dinner to celebrate us moving in, so i thought for sure he was going to do it!!! now, he just mentioned his friend is having a sailing party that day that we should all go to, and he told me to invite my friends... that doesn't seem like a romantic day to me, so i'm thinking he may not do it!!! i have a feeling he might be doing this to throw me off, bc my mom hinted that she thinks he may do it at the end of the month (that day). what is he planning???!!! why would he tell me to invite friends on a booze fest before dinner??? very confusing.... i'll have to wait and see!!! the suspense is killing me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Posted: May 13, 2008 12:12 PM Go to message in response to: flowr

I feel ya girl!!! I am going nuts. Every day I get so bitter if he hasn't done it. I am trying so hard not to think about it, but I cant help it. Last night I had nightmares about the ring. It was terrible. Maybe he wants you to invite your friends so that you can all celebrate together? And if your mom is saying something, I think she knows something. I mean it would be a great way to propose while sailing on the ocean in front of all of your friends. Or Maybe he told your mom to tell you it is coming at the end of the month but really it is going to happen sooner because he will think he is throwing you off!!! And then the sailing thing will be a little engagement party. =) I think I am screwed on getting mine anytime soon. I know he has it already, but he sprained his ankle and will be on cruches for almost TWO months!!! He cants put any weight on it which means no getting down on one knee... =(    someong suggested staying off the boards until it actually happens so I am considering that at this point.

MrsB2Be08 Posts : 58 Registered: 7/24/07
Posted: May 14, 2008 2:48 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

I know he has it already, but he sprained his ankle and will be on cruches for almost TWO months!!! He cants put any weight on it which means no getting down on one knee... =(   

Okay - this is a sure sign you need to get off the boards and get your mind off of any engagement thoughts!  A proposal doesn't require being down on one knee - he can ask you a billion other ways. 

someone suggested staying off the boards until it actually happens so I am considering that at this point.

I have to agree...you sound like you are making yourself nuts!  When it happens, it will be wonderful but, don't lose sight of enjoying today by worrying about tomorrow.

J & E's Wedding Plans - 2.28.09

Posted: May 14, 2008 4:15 PM Go to message in response to: MrsB2Be08

MrsB I honestly dont care if he is down on one knee or not. I think he cares, but I have expressed to him I do not need a fancy proposal. I dont care about the ring or any of that stuff. I think that he wants to give me a proposal that would make people say "wow" but I have told him a number of times that all that matters is that we will be taking the next step in planning for our future. We are both ready to get married and start having children in about 2 years. The only reason I am going so nuts is because he has given me soooo much info (that I wish I never knew about) and I am so excited I want to tell everyone I know, but I cant yet. That is the most difficult thing for me. As for staying off the boards, I have been trying really hard to stay off. I have not been on here nearly as much and usually only even look  at the threads I am really interested in. I promise I am trying really hard!!!

Posted: May 14, 2008 4:27 PM Go to message in response to: MrsB2Be08

if he has the ring, he is going to ask you soon. crutches or no crutches. if he was going to wait 2 months to ask you, he would have postponed getting the ring for 2 months! i'm sure he is not going to want to carry it around for weeks. have you tried to look for it at all? i've already searched my BF's apartment high and low. i don't think he has the ring in his possesion yet...

the only reason my mom "hinted" he was going to do it this month is because she heard in my voice that i was getting really frustrated and angry about the thought of waiting (we are moving in, which i didn't want to do until i was engaged). i think she knew i was nervous about it and getting annoyed with the idea of waiting. He definitely doen't know she hinted that at all... i'm hoping for the best!!!

i wouldn't worry about coming or not coming to the board. it's a good way to vent and get opinions w/out going to friends and family. i think it will happen soon for you and it will be wonderful!

MrsB2Be08 Posts : 58 Registered: 7/24/07
Posted: May 14, 2008 4:44 PM Go to message in response to: FinallyMrsS

Oh, I'm sure you are trying!  And, having been there, I do honestly know how hard it is to wait.  I'm just trying to help a girl out  ;-)
J & E's Wedding Plans - 2.28.09

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine