opinions on trial updo please!

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 24

Pamlin Posts : 958 Registered: 10/26/06
Re: opinions on trial updo please!
Posted: May 14, 2008 1:24 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Love the hair, and I agree with the others -the comb next to the veil is great!

I say plan on leaving the veil on, but if you change your mind later on in the evening, it's easy enough to take off. 

Pamlin

The wedding will be lovely, but it's the next day and every day after that makes me truly excited.

EveT2007 Posts : 1,949 Registered: 8/31/06
Posted: May 14, 2008 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: Pamlin

Lovely all the way around.  I agree, the comb looks better next to the veil.  I'd say to take the veil off for the reception, for the reasons given (it will get pulled on and be in your way, and it covers up the intricate hairstyle).  You'd leave the comb in when taking off the veil, right?  I think the comb contributes to the dressy look of the up-do, worn with and without the veil.

"When Women Vote, We All Win!"

EveT

triplej Posts : 92 Registered: 9/3/07
Posted: May 14, 2008 1:56 PM Go to message in response to: EveT2007

I like the comb next to the veil, but if you take the veil off, will you leave the comb in that far back on your head? I think that may look a bit off without the veil just because it is so far back. I am not wearing my veil after the ceremony most likely just because mine is SO long (as long as my train). But it really is up to you, you can always just take it out if you get annoyed with it.. :) 

Jamie : )

July 12, 2008 is the day I marry my everything!

CGsPrincess86 Posts : 31 Registered: 3/26/08
Posted: May 14, 2008 9:54 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

i think it looks best on top of the veil. your hair looks absolutely GORGEOUS btw. good luck!!

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: May 14, 2008 10:28 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

Love your hair!!!!!!!!!  like the comb on the veil/near the veil.  it was out of place otherwise.  

best wishes!!! 

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: May 15, 2008 12:17 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I love your hair.  The style is very elegant.  Agree with PP to put the comb next to the veil.  I would also take the veil out for the reception.  It's like taking too big of a ourse to the club.  It's pretty but by the end of the night it's just getting in the way and pissing you off.

Congrats!  The wedding is just around the corner! 

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

Posted: May 15, 2008 3:32 AM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Thank-you ALL for your help! I definately know that next to the veil is the place for it to be... thanks girls :)

9 days... I know!! Very close! I'm soo excited :)

One other question... are you guys wearing a blusher when you walk down the aisle? I actually was going to... and then when my hair dresser was doing my hair for the trial run... I said I wasn't. Now I'm wishing I decided to- but he said I can't now with the hair style I chose. :-\  Would it look stupid just to have part of it over my head for 5 minutes before my Dad lifts it up-- not even 5 minutes? I don't really think so... but what do you girls think?? Thank-you!!! :)

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Kender Posts : 28 Registered: 9/18/07
Posted: May 15, 2008 3:38 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

Love your hair! The dress is gorgeous too. I like the comb next to the veil.

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: May 15, 2008 3:43 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

You could wear a blusher i believe but it would have to be slightly longer then a standard blusher since its further back. Im doing the traditional italian wedding so my blusher will cover my face durring the whole ceremony. Do what makes you happy the worse thing is you find a blusher they are everywhere look at thrift stores and you try it the day of the wedding and you deciede not to wear it!

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: May 15, 2008 6:51 AM Go to message in response to: Guest

I'm not wearing a blusher. I don't personally like them for me. 

But if your hairdresser says it wouldn't work with your hair style, then that should be the deciding factor.  Do you want to wear your hair in another way?

Good luck!! 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine