August 2008 Brides!!!

Online Users: 1,273 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 482

Ijetski2 Posts : 36 Registered: 3/3/08
Re: August 2008 Brides!!!
Posted: May 6, 2008 9:14 PM Go to message in response to: soontobeMrsHills

August is coming!  August is coming!!   Are we ready?  

The favors do sound cute.   I have a strange one but thats us...  We are having our favors be incense burners.  I make them by drilling holes in bottles and using a key ring to hold the incense sticks upside down in the bottles.  I am using them to hold the seating cards at the dinner tables too.   The bottles are all hand painted blue or cream and have flowers or fruit toll painted on them.  They are beautiful and easy to use..    I have been working on invites too.  We have them almost done and I am sending a little early to save on the postage.   I agree the bells on the stamps do look silly but are cost effective.  

Im jealous you have your wedding shoes.  I still am having trouble with my bum ankle so I still can't go shoe shopping.  It will be one of the very last things I do.  I am not a flats kinda person but I can't even wear the smallest heel right now.  I only have one pair of shoes that are ok now.  It sucks!!

I also still have to work on a cake.  I am thinking of doing my own and freezing the layers, then having a good friend who decorates do the fondant and put together the day before.  I think I can save a ton of money and I bake just as well.  Its just the decorating that Ive had no practice at.  My girlfriend said to premake the flowers and freeze them also.  I hear this works just fine ..   Anyone have any other ideas I could use the help.  Our wedding place is a far way out from civilization... 

Hope everyone's planning is coming along!!!   

Counting down to Aug. 16th 2008.  Soulmates say I DOSmile

MrsKristenA Posts : 23 Registered: 6/6/07
Posted: May 6, 2008 9:46 PM Go to message in response to: karma898

The LNT bankruptcy should not be a big deal. They might close a few stores here and there, but they just filed for BK protection. Your registries should be okay! Just FYI.

soontobeMrsHills Posts : 228 Registered: 9/13/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 10:23 AM Go to message in response to: Ijetski2

My shower is this weekend and I'm SUPER excited!!!! We are taking Friday off work to drive to PA (my hometown) and my MOH (sis) and mom and aunt and BM (cousin) are planning a big surprise girly fun shower! I'm soooo excited! All the guys are going to the air show during the shower and then we will meet up later for a big party my mom is planning at my house! Should be a fun weekend!

I sent the invitations out!!!!! AHHH! Makes me nervous but they should be okay. I couldn't find a post office to do the stamping without having to put stamps on every envelope, but oh well. The stamps have mountains on them so they don't look too bad. And do people really look and judge based on the stamp? I don't think so.

I just counted BM gifts last night. I need to buy 2 more purses and 1 more pair of earrings and I will have all the gifts for BM, mom's, usherettes (program hander outer and guest book picture photographer) and grandma's. We already bought picture frames for our parents (crystal ones from ireland!) but don't know what to get small for dads. What are you guys getting? Are you getting anything special for grandparents? I bought my 2 grandma's and FH grandma bracelets because I hate corsages so they are replacing them with bracelets. I need to get FH to get one buying the groomsmen gifts. I want to get my MOH something extra special too. I think I'm going to take the girls out the day before the wedding and do something fun and I will pay for it, just as an extra treat.

ljetski, it sounds like you have the cake figured out! If you or your friend is creative, decorating cakes is not that hard. I used to work at an icecream shop and got to decorate the cakes and it was soo fun! What else do you need help on?

ninaw Posts : 42 Registered: 4/3/08
Posted: May 7, 2008 1:20 PM Go to message in response to: soontobeMrsHills

I am going crazy! The person who was supposed to be doing my flowers hasn't called me back in over a month. I don't know what to do. Yell

"And now these 3 remain faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these is LOVE"

Posted: May 8, 2008 8:58 AM Go to message in response to: ninaw

Are they a friend or family or a flower shop? If it's a shop, I think you should just go in sometime when they are open. If it's a friend or family member, definitely keep calling and ask around to other friends and family to see what's up. Good luck!

butterflybride08 Posts : 70 Registered: 1/19/08
Posted: May 8, 2008 9:25 AM Go to message in response to: soontobeMrsHills

STBMrs. Hills, your wedding shower sounds like soo much fun! Enjoy your weekend.! I think we have the same day, I noticed our tickers lined up...Aug. 2nd? :)

Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: May 8, 2008 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: soontobeMrsHills

It's the daughter of my mom's boss who is supposed to be doing them. My mom is going to talk to her boss and see if she knows what is going on.

"And now these 3 remain faith, hope and love, but the greatest of these is LOVE"

Posted: May 8, 2008 1:05 PM Go to message in response to: butterflybride08

butterflybride, we are date twins!!! woohoo!

I'm super excited for the shower! I think I'm going to start making a list of everything I need to bring home. I'm trying to get stuff to PA before the wedding so I'm not stressed about forgetting anything then!

MandyLynn Posts : 288 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: May 11, 2008 2:52 PM Go to message in response to: Ijetski2

Ijetski...I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but I just noticed that we are date twins!  August 16, 2008! Yay, can't wait! :)
DaisypathWedding Ticker

MandyLynn Posts : 288 Registered: 7/16/07
Posted: May 11, 2008 2:58 PM Go to message in response to: soontobeMrsHills

Congrats on getting your invitations sent out!  So exciting!  What did you do for postage on the response cards?  Did you use the forever stamp?

I got 3 box sets of invitations from Target (they were cheap and cute!) a couple of months ago.  Well I tried to start printing the response cards last weekend and our printer started eating the stationary!!!  It's a new printer, too!  I printed several copies with the test sheets, but as soon as I started printing the actual copies, the printer gets jammed.  Aghhhhh!!!  So....I took them back and ordered different ones online (still from Target, but a different brand and different type of paper).  They should be here on Monday or Tuesday.  I hope these ones print better than the last ones.  Wish me luck!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: May 11, 2008 6:47 PM Go to message in response to: MandyLynn

Good luck with the new invites, MandyLynn! That must have been really annoying when it started jamming up!

I just got my invites back from the printers a few days again and they are sooo cute!!! :D It's weird seeing all the info written out, somehow all this seems much more real now lol. Is anyone else using the "Seal n Send" style? Where it's all on one page and you just fold it up and stick a seal on?

Posted: May 11, 2008 6:49 PM Go to message in response to: soontobeMrsHills

Yay for date twins! Lists are the best...some days they stand in for my brain ;) I think your shower was yeterday right? Hope it went well!!!

Posted: May 12, 2008 8:45 AM Go to message in response to: butterflybride08

Just got back last night from the shower weekend in Pittsburgh and it was tons of fun! The rain actually stopped for all of Saturday! FH and his friend and all the hubbies of the shower attendees went to the air show and got BURNT! All the ladies at the shower were under a tent so we all lasted through the sun! I got a ton of stuff, but now have to go through it and make sure it is exactly what we want. One of my BM got married in Sept. and said that they returned/exchanged a lot more stuff than they though they would. We only brought a small amount of stuff back to our apartment because we have NO room! Hopefully we will be moving to a new house soon and we will have lots of room for all the kitchen stuff!

Everyone got their invitations, so hopefully they will RSVP soon! We used the forever stamp on the rsvp's so they will definitely be able to send them back. I can't wait to get the first one!

Posted: May 12, 2008 7:06 PM Go to message in response to: soontobeMrsHills

YAY! I can now take a deep breath. I booked an appoinment with a new flower shop and I booked an appointment with an officiant. I am finally getting caught up with my check list!

Colpark Posts : 49 Registered: 9/22/06
Posted: May 13, 2008 1:12 PM Go to message in response to: soontobeMrsHills

WOW....I'm ready these posts and realizing....CRAP....August is FAST APPROACHING.  Especially when I read soontobeMrsHills has sent out her invitations!!  How exciting!!!  Anyone else getting married on August 29th?  It's a Friday, and also my mom and dad's wedding anniversary.  Both are passed away, thought it would be a nice tribute to them.  Does anyone else feel kind of stalled in their planning at this point?  I feel kind of freaked....like I should be doing something!!! 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine