Strange food habits

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 82

B2B999 Posts : 700 Registered: 12/7/07
Re: Strange food habits
Posted: May 9, 2008 12:20 PM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

I am a macaroni and cheese NUT - while I was in school I would eat it every single day. At approximately 3 p.m. I would eat a box of store-brand twists and cheddar (only twists, only yellow - not white cheese) cheap store brand is the best. A lot of times that would be all I would eat that day. (Brands I find particularly good, if you're in the South East - Lowes Food Brand, NJ - Shoprite Brand, Upstate NY/Eastern PA - Wegman's Brand)

I think everything is more delicious if it is with or in macaroni and cheese (mashed potatoes, hot dogs, chicken nuggets) I have the palate of a 4 year old (and that is being generous).

Other then macaroni and cheese, I will choose chocolate milk over any other type of beverage offered. Most of you will not know what I'm talking about but the Shoprite brand Chocolate milk in the half-gallon containers (the full gallon is a different recipe and is not tasty) is the most delicious thing in the whole world.

I am a child....

When is my wedding

November22Bride Posts : 397 Registered: 1/8/08
Posted: May 9, 2008 12:38 PM Go to message in response to: CyclistLover

I have 2 things. Ill start with the least odd, I won’t eat at my FIL house, they have 6 cats and I’m scared ill eat cat hair. I know this isn’t so odd but it doesn’t matter if I bring the food or they make it I just cant eat there. And now are my really odd one I love Hawaiian sweet rolls. I go to sams club and get a huge pack of them. I’ll eat like 6 or 7 of them of dinner and that’s it, but before I eat them I have to flatten then with my hands. The fist time FH seen me do this he thought I crazy!!! lol

myra Posts : 5,550 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 9, 2008 1:16 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

Art, When Harry Met Sally should be required viewing for you. You'd definitely relate to Sally LOL!

Abc12345678 Posts : 272 Registered: 2/25/07
Posted: May 9, 2008 1:37 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

November22Bride Posts : 397 Registered: 1/8/08
Posted: May 9, 2008 3:03 PM Go to message in response to: Abc12345678

Lol it’s nice to know that in not the only one flatting my bread… it just taste better that way…lol

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: May 9, 2008 3:08 PM Go to message in response to: Abc12345678

If I have never tried a food I will say I dont like it

AHHH thats one of my BIGGEST pet peeves with DH. He does the same thing. I used to be like that but I've been realizing I like SOOO many more things now that I try more. I slip things into his food that he says he "doesn't like" then after he eats it I tell him what it was!! LOL!

Formerly Ama102707

Posted: May 9, 2008 3:21 PM Go to message in response to: November22Bride

Not only do I have weird eating habits, but I also eat weird food. LOL.

I love sauce for food, but have to put it on a plate or bowl SEPERATE from my food.

I will not eat even the most miniscule piece of fat off of any type of meat, I will cut, inspect, cut and inspect until I am sure it is fat-less (a habit I have passed down to my 7 year old as well).

I to suck on my French Onion Sunchips before eating them....it takes me FOREVER to eat a 99 cent bag.

I will not eat anything I don't have to chew....yogurt, ice cream, soup...etc. If you can just swallow it, I won't eat it.

I typically don't drink soda at all, but if I do (as in mixed alcoholic drinks) or if I drink Tea, I HAVE to drink it in a cup with a straw...the ONLY drinks I will drink without a straw is water and beer. (Afraid of getting teeth stains...LOL)

Fast food...blech...I can eat a french fry on occoasion, but I can't stand the smell, look or the poeple who work them. I can't do it.

Processed food...I will not eat, like pop tarts, cereal, or pre-made dinners...NOPE. I will only eat frozen veggies, pizza, and fries...weird I know.

Potlucks...not for me, I will not eat any food no matter how great it looks unless I REALLY know the person who made it. I do not know you, know what you kitchen looks like, or know how clean you are while cooking I will not touch your food. Period.

Sweets...I HATE sweets, chocolate, cakes, cookies....I am good if I have one cookie and a sliver of cake every year. Seriously!

I also eat some weird things...

I cut up hunks of mozzarella cheese and dip it into balsamic vinegar. (this makes my hubby cringe...LOL)

I mix mayo and ketchup to dip my french fries in.

I mix A-1, BBQ sauce and Balsamic vinegar to dip my steak into (yes the sauce is put into a seperate bowl...LOL)

And I LOVE to cook, experiment and try new things....but DO NOT touch anything in my kitchen when I am. I will go from the sweetest girl to raving mad bitch if you so much as stir the onions in a pan!!

LOL...

(And I am sure I left some things out!! LOL)

Left some out...

I will not eat a hot dog unless it is cooked on a grill and seriously burnt, and even then I can only eat one.

I will not eat ANY leftovers...(besides pizza) anything else I will not touch.

I LOVE cheese - hence the mozarella and balsamic thing - but will not eat it on my sandwich...I do not like cheese that way, unless it is a hot sandwich, then I love it.

Message was edited by: Gin13

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 9, 2008 3:56 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

"I cut up hunks of mozzarella cheese and dip it into balsamic vinegar. (this makes my hubby cringe...LOL)"

Gin - I something similar. I will let mozzarella soak in vinegar for a day or so and then eat it. FH thinks I am insane.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: May 9, 2008 4:20 PM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

AtrBride- You and I are "strange food habit" twins.  I was all ready to do my post after I read everyone else's post.  I stopped at yours.  All I have to say is "Ditto".  Our only difference is that because of my hang-ups on milk I actually stopped drinking it.  I only drink soy milk now.

I can't wait to tell my FH that I'm not the only person with food issues.  lol Tongue out

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

We2Heart Posts : 452 Registered: 10/11/07
Posted: May 9, 2008 4:30 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

LOL this is a funny thread! 

I'm glad to know there are others out there who don't eat left overs! I will not eat left overs. The only left overs I eat are stuff that's kind of "meant" to be left over.  There is this chicken dish that is cooked in a vinegar/soy sauce mixture and it tastes better when it has been marinating in the sauce for a day. But I won't eat it after 3 days. FH has gotten used to it. 

BUT...I also hate leaving stuff behind. I can't just throw it away.  I've been working on this though since it just ends up getting thrown away 2 days later after stinking up my fridge.

I get tired of food.  I have to have multiple things to taste during dinner.  Even if I'm still hungry, if I've eaten more than a few bites of one thing, I can't eat it anymore.

I also leave my favorite thing to eat for last!  I don't eat in any particular order but will always save what I like the best in the meal for last.  :-P

I won't eat mushrooms, I will cook with them but not eat them.  I don't like the texture. OR the fact that it's a fungus.

I hate celery.  Even though I want to like it, because I love that fresh celery is crunchy and light.  The taste is disgusting to me. And I've tried it with peanut butter, ranch, BBQ sauce, etc.  I can taste it if it's been cooked into something, and I will stop eating it if I taste celery.

Smarties...I hold them between my thumb and first finger and scrape at them with my bottom teeth and suck on the powder. LOL FH and I can't share a roll of smarties because I only get to eat like 2 of the tiny pieces! 

And this isn't really a food thing, but I will not touch a fork, spoon, or knife to my teeth when eating.  And it bugs me when other people I'm with do this. FH does it and I can't stand it so I focus on my plate. We have weird dinner conversations sometimes because of this.  I get the same feeling that happens when someone scrapes their nails on chalkboard.

**I love him like a fat kid loves cake**  Kiss

**It just hit me that in 4 months, I will become the Mrs. to my Mr.**

Abc12345678 Posts : 272 Registered: 2/25/07
Posted: May 9, 2008 4:37 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

KitKatBar Posts : 983 Registered: 7/23/06
Posted: May 9, 2008 4:40 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I can't let my food touch either. My husband on the other hand, mushes everything up and it grosses me out lol. Sundays I make brunch and for him I make scrambled eggs, bacon and a little bit of hashbrowns, and he hacks up the bacon and mixes it all together. It just doesn't look appeal anymore!

I don't like anyone being in the kitchen at the same time I am. Our kitchen is rather small, there's no room for you to be there with me! 

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: May 9, 2008 4:42 PM Go to message in response to: KitKatBar

I get upset if I am cooking and something doesnt turn out looking like I thought it would.  It could taste perfectly fine, but if the pancake got a little stuck when I tried to flip it, and it's bunchy, I get So upset. I used to throw them away when it didnt come out right.

Same thing with Paninis, grilled cheese, eggs, whatever. I dont like when my food doesnt LOOK perfect.

Formerly Ama102707

Belle1154 Posts : 235 Registered: 11/2/06
Posted: May 9, 2008 5:13 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I love to dip vegetables in ketchup.  I always have since I was a little kid and I still do to this day.  May favorite is cucumbers and ketchup.

I love peanut butter SO much.  I would eat it straight out of the jar back in college...and still I dip everything from chocolate to pretzels to rice cakes in it.

I love chocolate cover potato chips.  

I have a really odd obsession with saltine crackers and plain original gold fish.  I can eat an entire bag in one sitting.

I can eat California Roll every single day, but dont really like any raw sushi. 

"I am my beloved's and my beloved is mine..."

I marry my prince on April 19, 2008

http://weddings.partyspace.com/dianaallen

slsjdc5 Posts : 388 Registered: 9/23/07
Posted: May 9, 2008 6:27 PM Go to message in response to: Guest

I LOVE cheese - hence the mozarella and balsamic thing - but will not eat it on my sandwich...I do not like cheese that way, unless it is a hot sandwich, then I love it.--Gin13

I cannot eat cheese at all unless it is melted on a sandwich/hamburger.  Just can't do it.

I also have a texture thing:

cottage cheese, mushrooms, and a bunch of other things I cannot think of right now!  (argh)

Anyway, it's nice hearing that there are others out there with "weird food habits"

♥LLAMA JJAMMIES Tongue out

LOST SOME OF MY ASS DURING BL5--iT rOcKeD MY sOcKs!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine