Young brides...

Online Users: 1,233 guest(s), 1 user(s). Replies: 1,278

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Re: Young brides...
Posted: May 9, 2008 1:26 AM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

I totally understand, Charlotte!! College really does suck sometimes. :) But hang in there, girl, you'll make it!!

Our Wedding Website: www.mywedding.com/chrisandryanne

Posted: May 9, 2008 3:22 AM Go to message in response to: ryanne

So I've been a major night owl lately, girls. FH is working third this week and next so yeah...

Anyway, I got bored and made some stuff...or prototypes of stuff for the wedding. I've got my bouquet and a bout both unfinished and my invitations!Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Charlotte09 Posts : 1,021 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: May 9, 2008 1:46 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Your flowers and invites look so great. 

SammiAnn Posts : 114 Registered: 3/4/08
Posted: May 9, 2008 2:30 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Ryanne-you are like the ultimate DIYer.  I'm loving the flowers and the invites!  They're beautiful!

Charlotte-Colleges suck! LOL!  But seriously, so much red tape to get through when you transfer colleges and the crappy part is when some of your classes don't transfer.  I hope things work out for you!
June 7, 2008...here I come!

krista210 Posts : 450 Registered: 7/14/07
Posted: May 9, 2008 2:41 PM Go to message in response to: SammiAnn

AH Ryanne I love your cat, bahaha of course thats the first thing I say. Your flowers and invites look great too. This would be another perk of FH and I buying property - we could likely have a pet! I really want a cat, we had a cat growing up. FH had dogs but we are too busy to take care of one. So I tell FH when we move I either need a kitten or  a baby :)

Charlotte, I know you know this but I will say it anyways - College is worth it!! Sometimes I think this too especially if I'm not going to use my degree for a few years. FH is good at bringing me back out of that funk. He just lets me know that I am such a better person because of school, I am so much more intelligent and have so much more life experience. And of course, that I met him in university so that makes it aaaalllll worth while!!

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: May 9, 2008 5:52 PM Go to message in response to: krista210

Hey girls! Thanks for the comments! lol.

Speaking of my kitty...she got a haircut today b/c if you couldn't tell from the picture, she REALLY needed it.

BEFORE:
Photobucket

AFTER:
Photobucket

I think she looks so darn cute!

mcmartin Posts : 3 Registered: 3/24/08
Posted: May 9, 2008 6:28 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Hi ladies!

I just wanted to stop and and show you all some love! I too am a young bride. I'm 19 now, but will be 20 when I get married. (FH will be 20 in a couple of days and 21 when we marry.) I must say that I appreciate this thread so much and I have read it from start to finish. I hope to stay in contact with you all!

MrsRicecake Posts : 700 Registered: 2/2/08
Posted: May 9, 2008 7:08 PM Go to message in response to: mcmartin

Hey!! McMaritin!! I am so glad you are joining us!!

Charolette! I took two quarters off (three if you count summer!) because I was too stressed out! I am going to be taking online courses for wedding planning! Im going to be JLo in the Wedding Planner!! LOL!

Ryanne! Your flowers and invites look so good!! I am doing my own flower and invitations too! I have the bridesmaids flowers done, I should take pictures and post them too! FUN!! But yeah they look terrific!

Going to the chapel and we're gonna get married! December 27, 2008!

http://alaireandclayton.weddings.com

Posted: May 9, 2008 7:24 PM Go to message in response to: MrsRicecake

I went and bought my veil today! I'm really excited it's so pretty. I think I'm going to get my hair trial done next weekend so I needed it for that. I'll post pictures if I get an appointment done! That's about it for now, Oh I was downtown today and bought some things to go in bathroom baskets (anyone else doing this?). I bought:

tampons, pantyliners, advil, floss, nail file, halls, hand cream, kleenex. And I'm going to put bandaids in from ones I have at home. Any suggestions for other things to put in there?

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: May 9, 2008 7:55 PM Go to message in response to: krista210

I wasn't going to do bathroom baskets, but your list sounds a lot like my bridal first aid kit that I'm putting together!! lol.

I'm getting my hair trial done this month, and next weekend I'm having my first fitting! Yay! And FH and I were SUPPOSED to go get our wedding bands tonight but he doesn't want to go a) because its Friday and b) because he had a headache. I'm a little annoyed, honestly, because it seems like it ALWAYS turns out this way. So I'm pretty much planning on staying home, not getting our mothers day shopping done, and on him playing his flippin PS3. grr. And I have to work all day tomorrow so I can't go shopping then either!

But anyway...I finished my bouquet and I LOVE it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Posted: May 11, 2008 12:49 AM Go to message in response to: ryanne

What I really like about the DIY flowers is that you can keep them forever. You can use a bouquet or centerpiece for your wedding then put it on your kitchen table in your home. I really want something in my house where I can always remember my wedding besides a blender. I am most likely going to do real flowers because the wedding is outdoors, but I might make a fake flower centerpiece replica for me to keep in my home. 

MrsRicecake Posts : 700 Registered: 2/2/08
Posted: May 14, 2008 3:34 PM Go to message in response to: ryanne

Ryanne! Those look amazing!! I love it!

So I got home this morning (130am) from seeing my FH! It was a really nice visit...too short though! He got to Florida and found out that his school is delayed 2 months and they dont want to send anyone home for RA!! Sucky!! So we wont be getting our e-pics for awhile now!! UGH!!

I got three hours of sleep last night...my brother calling me to tell me he made it to the Altlanta airport and Clayton calling me to first tell me he made it to Atlanta and then he wanted to talk forever! Then he calls at 330 to tell me that he lost his Visa Check card in LA and didnt know what to do! So we got in an arguement because I didnt have any idea what to do! So we fought for an hour then I couldnt get back to sleep!! AHHH!!

Going to the chapel and we're gonna get married! December 27, 2008!

http://alaireandclayton.weddings.com

Posted: May 16, 2008 12:49 AM Go to message in response to: MrsRicecake

FMR2008, I am glad you got to see your FH even for a short while. 

I have a question. How far in advance did you all register for gifts (if you are having a registry at all)? I have been looking at some stuff online for fun because FH and I will have absolutely nothing when we move in together. Just wondering when I might consider actually registering for the stuff. 

Posted: May 16, 2008 1:41 AM Go to message in response to: Charlotte09

FH and I registered at the Bay in December and our wedding is in July. We only did about half of the things so that if people wanted to find deals around christmas they could (nobody did). And now we are going back quite soon to finish the rest of it (seasonal items like linens). It is so fun, you should definitely do it! Somebody bought some things from ours already which is really neat!!
DaisypathWedding Ticker

Posted: May 16, 2008 1:19 PM Go to message in response to: krista210

We registered at Bed Bath and Beyond in January, and we're getting married in July. I wanted to do it earlier, but I didn't because I knew a lot of stuff would be going on clearance after the holidays. We also registered at Kohls around the same time. And to be quite honest, the ONLY reason I registered there is b/c they had my bedspread!! lol. I have a bunch of stuff on there, but the main thing I wanted was the bedspread. :) lol.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine