My Mother... i don't know what to do anymore

Online Users: 1,350 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 34

Michelle070508 Posts : 64 Registered: 12/15/07
Re: My Mother... i don't know what to do anymore
Posted: May 6, 2008 9:41 AM Go to message in response to: deansbride

Oh MY GOSH!! I Never have to go to Class again!! It's awesome. I think i did well on the final i took yesterday, but i'm still waiting for the grade to come back on one i took Friday. FH took me out to a nice dinner lastnight (my favorite red lobster) we splerged (sp) on drinks with Pinnapple in them (well for me, beer for him)and my favorite foods, and Desert too! It was nice... hard to keep my spirts up yesterday with all this going on though.

My McDreamy and My McDog ... what else could a girl ask for??

Michelle and Travis 07-05-08!!

deansbride Posts : 220 Registered: 3/24/08
Posted: May 9, 2008 12:46 AM Go to message in response to: Michelle070508

congrats! I cant wait until I can say that-one more semester for me!

How's the mama drama today?

TheNewMrsTLC Posts : 84 Registered: 6/9/07
Posted: May 9, 2008 8:48 AM Go to message in response to: Michelle070508

Here's what I would do. Just tell everyone the wedding is cancelled. (Obviously it not be) and have a nice small ceremony w/ fh and wedding party. Have a one year anniversary party with everyone. Hopefully by then, things will have simmered down enough for you to tolerate the childish behavior.
Future Mrs. TLC

Michelle070508 Posts : 64 Registered: 12/15/07
Posted: May 10, 2008 2:15 PM Go to message in response to: deansbride

Thanks for the Congrats!! I Graduated Yesterday!! YAY... no mention of brother at Graduation but my mom did throw a little fit about nothing getting a ton of attention from my FMIL and my Grandparents... i still went to the Grad.Party though, it was alot of fun!!

WHAT WAS MOST INTERESTING to me was that mom didn't even mention brother not being at this 'event'. What that tells me is the problem isn't that she thinks she should celabrate minestones with BOTH her Children like she screems. If so she would have wanted him at this too. This 'event' didn't have any out of town family or guests and that is what this is all about... showing off Brother and him "little family"!!

Mom is still not leting me tell her why i feel like i feel, or really descussing it at all. She just yells and hangs up the phone and then refuses to answer the rest of the day if I call again. I let her let it go for Graduation, but i'm going to have to bring it back up later this week... it can't just stay unresolved like this, because this whole thing will just keep happening over and over.

The wedding, with all the formalities and the people and the party... i've looked forward to planning this and remembering this my whole life. i know it sounds stupid because the Marraige is whats important not the Wedding its self, but i would really feel like i was cheated without this day i've always dreamed of. I don't think its fair for me to give that up for their BS.

My McDreamy and My McDog ... what else could a girl ask for??

Michelle and Travis 07-05-08!!

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: May 11, 2008 12:47 AM Go to message in response to: Michelle070508

Congratulations Graduate!!! That's an awesome milestone!!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine