First Words....?

Online Users: 1,278 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 24

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
First Words....?
Posted: May 7, 2008 7:03 PM

I guess this is kind of a spin off on all the other engagement threads. I'd like to know what were your first words when FH proposed to you?

Mine were "are you SERIOUS?? ARE YOU FRICKIN' SERIOUS?? Oh Lord... laughing... no but really, are you for real??"

Finally, I got 'yes' out. My answer was nothing like I had "practiced".

Share your 'first words'!!

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

R&R: June 21, 2008

MrsRicecake Posts : 700 Registered: 2/2/08
Re: First Words....?
Posted: May 7, 2008 7:07 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

Mine were....Oh my gosh you tricked me! And lots of crying!

I said you tricked me because he convinced me that we werent going to get engaged for a long time because he couldnt afford the ring he wanted to get me!

Going to the chapel and we're gonna get married! December 27, 2008!

http://alaireandclayton.weddings.com

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 7:22 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

True first words, "Get Bent!!"  It wasn't like it was all romantic or anything.  He said, " We been dancing around each other long enough we might as well get married"   Later he said, You know I have wanted to be with you since the 6th grade.  We keep coming together.  For the first time we are in the same place at the same time, could you see yourself being my wife?  After a while I said what are you doing on the 23rd?  Come to think of it I never said yes.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

Kica Posts : 90 Registered: 10/3/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 7:39 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

"Okay."

He had said "I don't want to be you boyfriend anymore."

http://edandjessica.brides.com

Chad Posts : 637 Registered: 10/3/06
Posted: May 7, 2008 9:02 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

Jared says I said a lot of "oh my God... oh my God" and finally said yes.  I remember blubbering and snotting all over both of us, then finally saying yes.  I'm willing to believe his version though.  I never imagined our engagement story would have the word "snot" in it so prominently.  His sounds better!

Chad ~ 11.19.05

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 9:19 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

It went like this (we were opening Easter gifts)

Me Thinking what is in this jewelry box? Hummm earrings, necklace...Then I open it....Sparkley ring...OMG comes out of my mouth... I look at him...

Him:  Will you marry me...

Me...yes, will you put the ring on my finger............Tons of tears...

Linda 

Linny-Swanna will chop up the competition.

kennysoldwife Posts : 3,859 Registered: 4/28/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 10:13 PM Go to message in response to: Chad

I think blubbering and snotting is so sweet.  That would be the story I would tell my grandchildren.

Kenny and Me Perfect Together,  10 years and counting.

nmtgirl Posts : 142 Registered: 2/12/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 10:18 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

I said, "Why is the convent closed? Where do the nuns go when the convent is closed?"

I have like no attention span and didn't hear him or see him on one knee and missed it! LOL! He had to propose again later when we got my ring and I said "YES!" LOL!!!! Thank goodness I have a FH who can laugh about my bizarreness!!! 

Ashley and Paul - June 19, 2010

www.mywedding.com/reidmontgomery

Gregslizzy Posts : 197 Registered: 6/11/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 10:35 PM Go to message in response to: nmtgirl

Well I kind of ticked him off while he was proposing! He looked up the phrase that he would use to propose to me in spanish and because I'm so accustomed to correct his pronunciaton while he is saying something in spanish, I kept repeating each word he was saying until I realized what he was asking and he had only one word left in the phrase.  So when I stopped, I was just giggling and I said yes, I do want to marry you!! Said it in spanish of course, lol. He was crying by then and in turn made me cry. He said he was so scared I would say no. Duh, how would I ever give up spending my life with such a wonderful person? It was awesome!

Here comes the bride!!

Love2u Posts : 1,661 Registered: 10/24/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 11:14 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

Mine were "Really?  You mean it?  You're not kidding?  If I say yes, does that mean I can tell people we're getting married, for real?"

Love2uKiss

Ashleyanne2010 Posts : 447 Registered: 5/3/08
Posted: May 8, 2008 12:29 AM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

my first words were "oh holy crap, are you kidding me right now?!"  classy, i know.

i think it took me like 10 minutes to actually say "yes" because after the "oh holy crap are you kidding me right now" i just cried and nodded and then nodded some more.

=D

MrsMcDAtLast Posts : 860 Registered: 1/1/07
Posted: May 9, 2008 3:31 PM Go to message in response to: Ashleyanne2010

I burst into tears and said ''Yes!'' and flung myself into his arms, and we kissed and kissed. It was funny because it was Christmas morning, I had a cold, and was sitting on the couch in my robe with a Santa hat on, and he knelt beside the couch as I opened the ring box. :)

~Michelle and Larry~ 

bridesrocks Posts : 478 Registered: 9/25/07
Posted: May 9, 2008 4:28 PM Go to message in response to: MrsMcDAtLast

He dedicated a song that he sang to me...so I was like no way is he yes?....noooooooo ok maybe nooooooooo and then at the end of the song dropped on one knee and proposed.

He said will you marry me and I sd yes and I cried alot!

Then he tried to put the ring on my finger and I yelled wait i'm shaking too much I have to hold my hand...

Until I marry my Rockstar!
Message was edited by: bridesrocks

luvathena Posts : 929 Registered: 12/10/07
Posted: May 9, 2008 9:41 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

Wow!!!! These are all so sweet!!!!!

Well, after hiking for what seemed like forever to find "the perfect picnic spot" near a patchy snowy creek in Sedona where we were on vacation, I was busy laying out our food, when Tom launched into his "I have a ring in my pocket and will you be my wife"  speech.

All I can say is "You have a ring in your pocket?" I must have asked that 3 times. and then I asked if being his wife came with an apron.

And when he pulled out this beautiful ring which sparkled like nothing I have ever seen before I just started stammering...Eventually, I said yes, but not yet, ok? Geez. Not really romantic, huh? He's got that all over me. 

coastiebride Posts : 1,365 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: May 9, 2008 9:56 PM Go to message in response to: luvathena

Well Fh proposed not once but twice. The first time was at his parents house before leaving to spend christmas eve with him family early in the morning opening our gifts on christmas eve ( i still dont get that tradition we are soo changing it) i got him his new riffle that hes been wanting for years and i after he was done he dropped down on one knee (in his blues) and asked if i would marry him. I had snot coming from places i didn't even know exist, for about 10 min. His hands were shaking soo much he couldn;t get my ring on.

Well later i found out that he never got the chance when we got back to Florida before he proposed to ask my father for my hand. So we get back to my parents house for a late christmas eve dinner and i start my period and had to run to walgreens and he was able to ask then. The next morning like always my grandmother came over and he asked again in front of my whole family. I wasn;t blubbering quite as much as the first time but still lots of blubbering

Lets not all get caught up in our wedding. Remember we should not only be planning for a our wedding but more so we should be planning for  our marriage. More so then fighting over shades of peach, tuxs, cake flavors and only god knows what else. Because the next morning it is over, guests are gone the flowers have died the cake well lets face it 1/2 of it was tossed out. Cinderella is still a maid, the limo is now a pumpkin And there is life to face ok after wild crazy monkey sex for 7 nights straight, lets not kid out selfs there are priorities After its all gone there's still bills to pay and a job to go back to

Going to the Chapel December 6th 2008

Love is a four-letter word spelled G-I-V-E

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine