NY Times Article - May 4, 2008

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 32

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Re: NY Times Article - May 4, 2008
Posted: May 7, 2008 11:39 AM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Nice article, but I also wish it was more about us and less about the Knotties. Boo!

Just to clarify, was this the article from a whiiiiile ago, or the more recent one where the reporter only wanted to talk to people who HADN'T met anyone from the boards in person? Seems a little more like the older one to me.

By the way, wasn't there also someone writing an article for the NY Times on bachelor parties? I remember somebody asking to interview me for an article on BPs, but I didn't do it because they wanted to print my full name.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 7, 2008 11:59 AM Go to message in response to: ArtBride

The guy interviewed me about a month ago, but the article was just published last weekend.

I like Kelley's idea of voting someone off the boards. I know who my #1 and #2 choices would be.

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

MsDenuninani Posts : 3,962 Registered: 3/16/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 12:19 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

Voting someone off would be fun.  I also kinda want a full-on throwdown with the Knotties. 

Barack my world Sticker (Rectangular)

RoBelle Posts : 1,236 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 7, 2008 12:21 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

HA HA, Can you imagine. . . Bride so and so, you have been voted off!  PLEASE LOG OUT OF YOUR ACCOUNT AND NEVER RETURN!!!

Bride2008 Posts : 3,058 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 7, 2008 12:31 PM Go to message in response to: RoBelle

or they could use "Bride XYZ, you have been voted off. Please toss your bouquet and leave the reception"

"I came here tonight because when you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." - Billy Crystal, When Harry met Sally 

RoBelle Posts : 1,236 Registered: 3/28/06
Posted: May 7, 2008 12:36 PM Go to message in response to: Bride2008

I LOVE IT!!! Tongue out

kelleyiskelley Posts : 11,590 Registered: 7/2/06
Posted: May 7, 2008 12:49 PM Go to message in response to: RoBelle

LOL This reality show rocks!!! Please turn in your bouqet and leave the reception.thats classic. Bride2008...you know Im DYING to know who your number one and two choices would be to get voted off lol. I think I may know one of them,but the other Im not so sure....... Hmmmmm......What fun lol.

"THE AISLE RUNNER" has officially launched ... www.myaislerunner.com

Time for Biggest Loser 6. TEAM KELL-LIZA will Cha-cha-cha our way to the TOP PRIZE!

Photobucket

slsjdc5 Posts : 388 Registered: 9/23/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 1:10 PM Go to message in response to: kelleyiskelley

Oooh, ooooh....I think it should be Knotties vs. Brides.com!!!

We'd kick some knottie ass!!  :)

♥LLAMA JJAMMIES Tongue out

LOST SOME OF MY ASS DURING BL5--iT rOcKeD MY sOcKs!!

ArtBride Posts : 4,838 Registered: 5/9/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 1:26 PM Go to message in response to: slsjdc5

I think they should just put us all in a big ballroom and let us brawl. They wouldn't even have to give us anything to fight about. I see it going something like this:

Bride1: Hi, I'm Bride1.

Bride2: Really? You're Bride1? You BITCH! Back in Dec 2006, you said that my flowers were ugly. DIE!!!

Bride3: Hi, I'm Bride3. What are you two brawling about?

Bride1: OMG, it's Bride3, who called me selfish for spending more than X amount on my wedding!

Bride2: Really? I ALSO spent over X amount on my wedding and I hate Bride3, too!

Bride1: Let's kill her.

Bride4: What's going on, here?

Bride2: Who're you?

Bride4: I'm Bride4.

Bride3: You're that BEE-YOTCH who called me selfish for not inviting kids to my wedding! Die!

Bride1 joins the brawl because SHE didn't invite kids to her wedding, either. Bride2 DID invite kids, so she defends Bride4.

Bride5: Hi everybody - I'm Bride5.

The entire fight stops. Everybody turns in slow-motion to STARE at Bride5, who happened to have just posted a long story about how her parents didn't want to pay for her wedding. Then they all run towards her screaming insults.

Meanwhile, ArtBride and Kelley walk in, see the brawl, and sit down to watch. MsD pokes her head in the doorway, sees the mess, and decides to pretend she was just looking for the restroom. After giggling for a few minutes, ArtBride can't resist getting up and kicking one of the brawling brides, who suddenly all turn on HER...

I have to stop before I get carried away. :)

DaisypathWedding Ticker

Mushaboo Posts : 2,165 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: May 7, 2008 1:35 PM Go to message in response to: slsjdc5

Well, I'm going to take the time to break up the ass kicking fight and just say that the article is right.  When I got engaged, I was lost.  I had no idea.  I have only brothers so they aren't a help.  My FH is an only child.  My mom hasn't planned any event in her lifetime. (God love her simple self.)  My MOH and I work at seperate locations and talk probably once a week. 

Basically, you guys are my lifesavers.  I had only been in a craft store maybe 5 times in my life before I saw how much everyone on here did DIY. 

You guys are all excited when I am excited about finding a new idea or the perfect flowers.  My non-engaged or in a relationship friends look at me as if I just landed on Mars when I talk about weddings. 

My FH loves every single one of you because instead of asking him a question at 3 AM about chiffon vs taffeta, I'll flip open my laptop and start a thread.  The first 2 weeks of our engagement I was running around like a mad person...HOW do I, tomboy too busy at work to know what tulle is and how it impacts my life on a DAILY basis, plan a wedding for 75 people? 

So, big hugs and thanks to you all.  I get uber excited when one of us finally gets married.  I look at your pics like I'm actually there. 

Oh, and now that I think about it, I have been on other blog sites....don't like them at all so I'll join in on the ass kicking.

http://www.mywedding.com/robertandginger

BriansBride2008 Posts : 814 Registered: 3/26/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 2:03 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

Hey with all the stress and tension I have had lately I want to join in this brawl....  I want bride24 who thinks becasue she is engaged all her family and friends need to stop their whole lives for the entire time and for the year afterwards.... How dare you get pregant 3 months after my wedding that will put you having your little brat right at my 1 year anniversary....ahhhhhh smack the sh*t out of that chick.... 

whheeewww that felt good....

BB2008 

AUGUST 16, 2008 

I AM GETTING TO MARRY MY BEST FRIEND!!! YEAH!!!

FutureMrsNajar Posts : 159 Registered: 11/15/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 4:17 PM Go to message in response to: BriansBride2008

I'll take on "cindybin" because I'm a whore for wearing a strapless dress and a sinner because i have alcohol at my wedding.

Then again I think that cindybin would be first to die in this brawl.

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with somebody, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible.

~ June 28, 2008 ~

mobride09 Posts : 519 Registered: 3/5/08
Posted: May 7, 2008 5:03 PM Go to message in response to: FutureMrsNajar

Okay, I don't think I have been around long enough to get some references here, but I am cracking up!!! And btw, I started out as a Knottie, and you are all right, they are total drama queens! There should have been more about the brides.com ladies!

I marry the man of my dreams 5/2/09!

shelsgrl Posts : 164 Registered: 5/31/07
Posted: May 7, 2008 5:32 PM Go to message in response to: Mushaboo

I second Mushaboo!!  I love being a brides.com girl, even though I don't post that much.  This community is amazing, and it's great to have a support system like this in the midst of an event that can be very stressful and demanding.  It has become on of my favorite things to look at y'alls wedding photos, and to hear how everything went.  Thanks!!!

"Rich is not how much you have, or where you are going, or even what you are. Rich is who you have beside you." ~JIK II

SocalGal Posts : 456 Registered: 6/3/06
Posted: May 7, 2008 11:32 PM Go to message in response to: shelsgrl

I call for hair-pulling, shin-kicking, raging, screaming war on Bride 502, who had the audacity to think that she needed, even deserved, a bigger stone in her ring, and that anyone else who actually accepted the ring that was given to them was an attention seeking whore. 

Seriously though, why do I have to live on the "other" coast...it makes it that much harder to get connected.

True love never has a happy ending; true love never ends.

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine