JFF-What about your FH bothers you?

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 63

JenlovesDon1 Posts : 217 Registered: 8/6/07
Re: JFF-What about your FH bothers you?
Posted: May 5, 2008 1:05 PM Go to message in response to: Heidibride30

Heidibride, when I first starting dating DH he had a "rubber ducky" themed bathroom. It was hideous!

Married 1 year on 3/10/08

MrsAWarner Posts : 191 Registered: 2/18/08
Posted: May 5, 2008 1:22 PM Go to message in response to: JenlovesDon1

Lol Jen, FH is a drummer as well and he is ALWAYS tapping either his hands or his feet. I'm pretty used to it by now though, so it doesn't bother me so much. Smile

JenlovesDon1 Posts : 217 Registered: 8/6/07
Posted: May 5, 2008 1:30 PM Go to message in response to: MrsAWarner

LOL, most of the time he does this while we are driving. If I turn on the radio, it doesn't annoy me as bad.

Married 1 year on 3/10/08

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: May 5, 2008 1:39 PM Go to message in response to: mavjen

My FH is a sports-a-holic.  When he is not watching an actual game on TV, it is all ESPN all the time.  He watches SportsCenter over and over again.  I finally realized one day that SportsCenter runs on a 30 minute loop and ESPN plays it over again until a game or another stupid sports show (I HATE PTI!!!) comes on

This is probably the only gripe I have. I have come to terms with the XBOX, but the ALLLLL DAY ESPN drives me crazy. I'm like DUDE they just showed the same clip like 20 minutes ago... nothing has changed!!!! Thank goodness for more that one television at home!

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

R&R: June 21, 2008

TanisJ Posts : 2,669 Registered: 4/25/07
Posted: May 5, 2008 2:00 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

Oh the sports! PTI, Around the Horn, Sports Center, NBA Access. He always checks the scores right before bed, and then first thing in the morning. Um there are no games between 11:00 pm and 6:00 am. Of course the sports has to be really loud too so that the guys on PTI are SCREAMING at each other. I have found a way to prove he has had enough of the sports shows - when I can recite the top 5 sports stories to him, even though I am not sitting and watching the tv then he knows he is really watching the same stuff over, and over. I will look at him and say something like - Dallas Mavericks coach fired, Phoenix Suns coach may be fired, Lebron James triple double, Conseco lost mansion. Those are all true and current! lol. Then he will usually at least change it to a live game. Also falls asleep on couch with remote in hand so when I try to take it and change channel he will wake up. Even wants control of the tv when he is asleep. Wakes up when I change the channel and says "I was watching that" even though he was snoring so loud I can't even hear the SCREAMING on PTI. lol.

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: May 5, 2008 2:31 PM Go to message in response to: TanisJ

I cant believe I forgot to mention the Blackberry! OMG. Its SOOO annoying. I have to say its gotten better since when he first got it. But I had to ban it from the bedroom and also if he is in the living room he has to go on the ACTUAL computer and not sit there on the internet next to the computer on the Blackberry,

The kicker is, he doesnt have this for work , he just has it hooked to his gmail. And he just sits there on it....i tried using the thing, I dont get it at all. 

Formerly Ama102707

Mrslinnben Posts : 2,285 Registered: 6/4/07
Posted: May 5, 2008 3:10 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

I can't stand that my husband is a germ-o-phobic. 

Linda 

Linny-Swanna will chop up the competition.

ryanne Posts : 1,042 Registered: 4/27/06
Posted: May 5, 2008 3:29 PM Go to message in response to: Mrslinnben

Reading all this has me giggling like crazy!! And it sucks b/c FH is trying to sleep (third shift this week) and I don't want to wake his crabby ass up!! lol.

Which reminds me of yet another thing that bothers me. He is IMPOSSIBLE in the morning. If you try getting him up even 5 minutes before he wants to, it won't happen. And the funny thing is that he actually talks to me like he's fully awake and then actually wake up and not remember a thing. He'll ask, "why didn't you wake me up sooner?" when I've been TRYING for half an hour!! ARGH!! lol. So apparently the solution is to turn off his fan, rip the covers off of him, open the blinds and turn on the light. But that's just too much work sometimes. So on those occasions, he gets to be late. :) lol.

Our Wedding Website: www.mywedding.com/chrisandryanne

Retired Posts : 808 Registered: 4/17/06
Posted: May 5, 2008 5:41 PM Go to message in response to: Jesikaheryn

1. He doesn't get "I have to study for MY classes."
He is going back to school after having not been in school for three years. He's nervous, and he has to take his entrance exam. And he wants me to help him study every night.
The problem is that I am finishing up my term (I have four more exams to take) and I NEED TIME TO STUDY, TOO. I'm sorry, babe, but I've been inschool for a year and a half! I can't throw it away for you! You'll just have to wait until I'm done!

2. He won't let me sleep when he isn't tired, and he expects me to sleep when he is! If I'm taking a nap, he absolutely can't stand it. Comes in and messes with me, bounces on the bed, pokes my feet, plays the guitar... But if HE'S tired and I'm not, he expects me to come sleep! No! Go to sleep, and I'll leave you alone. I'll go sit in the living room and I'll come to bed when I'm damn well ready!

3. He NEVER cuts his toenails. This bothers me SO MUCH. I am OBSESSED with the cleanliness of my feet. I constantly trim and shpe my toenails and scrub my feet to make sure they look nice. So when he gets his Sasquatch toenails, I just freak out. "SIT DOWN. I am CLIPPING YOUR TOENAILS NOW."

Oy!

Fitzer Posts : 643 Registered: 8/7/07
Posted: May 5, 2008 5:58 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

Haha, NJ, my FH has a weird "company" laugh too!  He laughs totally differently when it's just us than when ANYONE else is with us.  It's this low "huh huh huh" chuckle and it makes him sound "special."  One time before meeting our only couple/married friends, I told him "Hun, can you not do that dumb laugh you do when we're with company tonight?" 

I can't stand how he plays with his fancy email/computer phone thing.  If he's not 100% involved in a conversation, he takes it out and starts either checking email or playing solitaire.  He did this when we met with our wedding photographers. 

Jade1107 Posts : 205 Registered: 9/1/07
Posted: May 5, 2008 6:16 PM Go to message in response to: Fitzer

Ha, I can only imagine what FH would say about me...

As for FH, he's actually pretty good. There were several things that I would get annoyed with when I lived with him (towels on the floor, clothes EVERYWHERE) etc. but then I mentioned it and he cleaned up his act. I guess I'm fairly luck in that respect.

However - there are some things that still irk me:

1. If I'm in a bad mood, he will NOT leave me alone. He just doesn't get it. And then he gets upset with me because I don't want to cuddle/talk or whatever. Leave me alone for a few minutes and then I'll come and join you!

2. He drinks a certain cola product all day long, every damn day. He also leaves half full cans of soda all over his bedroom - on his desk - everywhere! I walked in one day and his entire desk was covered in cans!

3. He wants sex too damn much and it's really very annoying.  

Charlotte09 Posts : 1,021 Registered: 2/22/08
Posted: May 5, 2008 7:11 PM Go to message in response to: Jade1107

This is really funny. 

1. My husband is a sports-a-holic too. He will watch ANY type of sporting event out there and even the weird ones. He would watch sports all day every day, sports center over and over, and is on sports websites all the time. It is beyond insane.

2. This is so weird. If you touch ANY type of food he will make you wash your hands before you touch him again. I understand washing your hands is good hygiene and you should not touch people after you have been touching food, but even food that does not make your hands dirty and he freaks. 

3. He refuses to wear any pink, which I think would be so cute.

4. He spends FOREVER in the bathroom. 

5. He requires too much sleep.  

I could go on with little things, but these are the main things. Of corse I love him, but he is a guy and therefore he is going to have many faults haha.  

MrsWilliams2008 Posts : 1,431 Registered: 7/19/07
Posted: May 5, 2008 7:19 PM Go to message in response to: Jesikaheryn

Charlotte, my FH has 2 pink polo style shirts and it looks sooo good next to his brown skin. Real men CAN wear pink!!

Oh god, speaking of peeing, DH pees ALL the time. it drives me crazy. In the middle of the night, while we're out somewhere SEVERAL times. It drives me crazy. He doesnt even drink that much...I dont get it.

LOL, I tease FH about this all the time. I'm always like "didn't you just pee like 30 minutes ago??"

To the one who says her FH drums all the time: my FH is a whistler... any tune, any pitch and he can whistle it. He was a trumpet player most of his life... but you know what? It truly drives other people insane but I honestly don't pay it any attention anymore.

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/RyAnne Stafford&RobertWilliams, Jr

R&R: June 21, 2008

Retired Posts : 808 Registered: 4/17/06
Posted: May 5, 2008 8:12 PM Go to message in response to: MrsWilliams2008

ACK, the peeing and and drumming! FH does BOTH of those!

We got out to a restaurant, nd I swear to god he will go to the bathroom THREE TIMES in the course of FORTY-FIVE MINUTES! His problem is he drinks too much water and green tea! I'm like "oh my god, QUIT! :| Every time the waiter comes around, you're in the damn bathroom!"

And the DRUMMING. FH is actually a pianist and guitarist. He writes his own music, and I swear at any given time he's WRITING MUSIC IN HIS HEAD. So his "drumming" is actually him going through fretboard motions or piano keys! It only bothers me when he does it on the seat behind my head or something.

nancywilk Posts : 6 Registered: 3/22/08
Posted: May 5, 2008 8:37 PM Go to message in response to: Retired

This is an awesome thread.   My DH constantly taps his teeth with his fingernail.  He says it's a nervous habit. I stare at him, he apologizes and stops......   but 10 minutes later there he goes again.   He chews on a piece of napkin which I think is just odd. And it's a noisy chew.  He talks through every tv show, movie or whatever.  "what did they say?... that doesn't make sense...  why did they do that?" Shut up and listen then you will know!!!!!!!   And the last thing is he has this compulsion to tell me EVERY SHOW that EVERY ACTOR has EVER BEEN IN!!!!!!!!!   I don't care and he knows this.  He'll say I know you don't care but so and so was in this movie as an extra in 1947!!!!    

Other than that he's great, he cleans, does dishes (and silverware!!!), laundry, makes me dinner, gives back rubs.  I seriously think I'm gonna die soon and he knows this and just won't tell me!!! 

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine