junior bridesmaids

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 4

soon2bmrsbraun Posts : 7 Registered: 3/24/08
junior bridesmaids
Posted: May 3, 2008 2:19 PM

This will be the second marriage for both of us and we have 5, that's right 5, girls.  All of which want to be in the wedding.  So my question is what exactly do junior bridesmaids do and do they have to walk with someone or can they walk by themselves?

butterflybride08 Posts : 70 Registered: 1/19/08
Re: junior bridesmaids
Posted: May 3, 2008 3:23 PM Go to message in response to: soon2bmrsbraun

Sounds like you are going to have some fun girl times! :) Junior bridesmaids are in the too older for flower girls, and not ready for full bridemaid responsiblities stage (I read somewhere around 9-14). They usually walk up the aisle just like a regular BM, have a bouquet and stand with them too. Oh, and their dress matches the color if not the style of the other BMs, since they are younger.

My little sister is 13 and I am sooo happy she gets to be in my bridal party as a JBM! I'm def. not expecting her to help plan a shower or anything like my other BMs are doing, though she will be in the room helping me get ready, helping with favors and all that BM jazz.
Daisypath Wedding PicDaisypathWedding Ticker

PharmToxGirl Posts : 5,446 Registered: 8/30/07
Posted: May 3, 2008 3:27 PM Go to message in response to: soon2bmrsbraun

I agree with the PP.  Jr bridesmaids don't have a whole lot of responsibility other then showing up in their dress.  LOL

And they can walk by themselves or with someone.  If you do not have a Jr GM for them to walk with, they can walk back down the aisle in a pair and threesome!  Why not?!!  

Have fun!  It's great that they are so excited and want to be involved! 

NJ4Life Posts : 3,358 Registered: 8/10/07
Posted: May 5, 2008 3:36 PM Go to message in response to: soon2bmrsbraun

I was a JBM back in the day along w/ my sister in my aunt's wedding. I was about 9 and my sis was about 6. We walked in the church alone, her first, then me. Then we walked out together I think.  Then the BMs and GMs paired up. I remember it was pretty fun...I was nervous as hell though!

Formerly Ama102707

sweetie01494 Posts : 73 Registered: 2/17/08
Posted: May 5, 2008 5:47 PM Go to message in response to: NJ4Life

My FH daugher who will be 13 is going to be a JR BM for our wedding. She is going to be walking with her brother though who will be a JR GM. Her dress will either match the MOH dress or will be very similar but perhaps more appropriate (ie. not strapless, etc).

They do say that Jr. BM can walk alone. It all depends on what your Jr BM is comfortable with.

DaisypathWedding Ticker

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine