Not happy with dress :(

Online Users: 0 guest(s), 0 user(s). Replies: 2

geminibridetobe Posts : 83 Registered: 6/5/07
Not happy with dress :(
Posted: May 5, 2008 11:19 AM

Can anyone else relate to this?...I finally decided on a wedding gown because the bridal shop said the designer could change the whole top of the dress and we did drawings and had comparible pictures and everything... but when the dress came in I felt that only the slightest change was made and it wasn't a change that I had asked for at all- and the major changes I was counting on didn't happen.  Well the store is now bending over backwards to try to work with their professional dress making seamstresses to achieve close to the look I really wanted.  I'm relieved that they will go to these lengths to work with me but the magic of my dream wedding dress is kinda' gone.  Now I wish I had just bought this other dress that I liked at David's bridal.  It's too late now though.  I would lose my $800.00 deposit if I were to walk away from this dress.  I wanted to just love my dress to death...and now I'm not sure I'm even going to like it.        

MrsAWarner Posts : 191 Registered: 2/18/08
Re: Not happy with dress :(
Posted: May 5, 2008 1:02 PM Go to message in response to: geminibridetobe

I'm sorry you are feeling this way. Don't stress too much over it though. You might just put that gown on and it'll be everything you ever dreamed it to be. They always look kinda frumpy on the hanger, and then totally different when you put it on. Smile

Ariana1228 Posts : 281 Registered: 3/2/08
Re: Not happy with dress :(
Posted: May 5, 2008 1:11 PM Go to message in response to: geminibridetobe

try not to stress over it so much ... when you try the dress on point out to the seamstresses what exactly you want to change and ask if it is possible and how they think it will look.  Sometimes things look better on paper but not better on you so I would def try to point out the changes when you have the dress on ... maybe in the long run you won't have to make any major changes but minor ones to make the dress your dream dress. But def don't think that it's gone bc it may not be .... it may end up being better than your original design ... I know it's hard with all this planning and stress but stay positive everything will turn out fine!!

RSS

Thank You
for Signing Up!

Check your e-mail inbox for the latest updates from brides.com

Give a Subscription to Brides Magazine as a Gift
Subscribe to Brides magazine